Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Re: Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:51 am

So I replayed the game from the beginning with this latest build. I was so hoping to tie up loose ends, but, alas, there are still things missing. My final tally

Edit- As I was writing the list of bosses, I realized I had missed one in the Psychodrium so I reloaded prior to the final battle, ran outside and dispatched Nix, and then did the final battle.

Total Items Found: 963
Difficulty Mode: 0 out of 2
SideQuests Completed: 64 out of 65
(including Guild Quests: 39 out of 40)
Secret Rooms Discovered: 200 out of 201
Bosses Slain: 93 out of 92
(included Legendary Bosses: 7/6, plus Mimics 30/30)
Relics Found: 34 out of 35

Global Laxius Stats
Bosses 93 ~ Relics 34 ~ Secret Rooms 200
SideQuests 64 ~ Items 963 ~ Difficulty 0
Overall Score 683
Runaway Bokden's Spotted: 12 out of 13 (lucky number!)
Dreams Visited: 7 out of 7
Global Score: 708 (700+=A, 600+=B, 500+=C)

So it appears there is still one secret room that is just unavailable. I still suspect it's SR #191 in the Psychodrium, but I suppose it could be in one of the non-sequential places like the Ant Kingdom or one of the Dreams. I don't think I left any square unsearched though in those dreams. And if it is in one of the dreams, it would have to be SR #D-008 in the 3 Doors dream and I couldn't find it there. I'm really tired of searching for it, so I'll just admit defeat on this one.

One relic remains missing. I have a couple of thoughts about that. My inventory has a Paradigm and a Paradigm-R. They're almost the same except that the Paradigm-R also has a good chance of bleeding and/or critical. Is it possible the Paradigm-R was supposed to be a Paradigm (R) and count as a relic? The other thought is Random's Apocalypsia. I spent a lot of time running around getting everyone's technics to at least 250 just to see what goodies they offered. The best, Wendala's, are already mentioned in the guide. But I also wanted to see if the Laxius technics would do anything at level 70 (combine to form new technics) or give goodies at 100 uses. Neither happened. But it took a long time to get those Laxius uses up because the books and rings don't increase Laxius technics. That meant I spent a lot of time with Random in the Celestial Palace just getting into fights and increasing his Laxius uses. At some point, and I can't tell you what triggered it, his Apocalypsia (R) 'evolved' into Apocalypsia-X (R). This didn't increase the number of relics found, though. Maybe because it wasn't a new find? Or maybe it was supposed to increase the relics by one. I don't think any of the bosses, legendary or otherwise, drops a relic because I found all the bosses and never got anything new to add to the Relics list.

And that 13th Bokden sighting remains elusive. That one is hard to keep track of because it's not always clear when Bokden is Bokden and when Boden is Den Bosch.

@D-squall, the boss your list is missing 2 and they're both legendary. The first is the black widow spider on the throne in the Ancient Thorn Fortress. She's only available when Louthros returns to the fortress from the Abbaoth Monastery with the sacred dagger. That would put her in slot 74 of your list. The second is Kyrylko in the Celestial Palace Left Tower. There are 3 frightened pegasi walking around. I think you have to interact with each of them to make Kyrylko appear. Adding those 2 to your list brings it to 93 Bosses, 7 Legendary. Also, your list says 50 Group of Butcherers is mandatory. Not so. I missed that one and had to backtrack a bit. It only happens IF you hold onto the tree orbs. I was putting each one in place as I found them, so when I got to the last one, no boss fight happened. I had to go back to the Tree and retrieve the 3 orbs I had placed and then, when I put the earth essence into the cauldron and got the earth orb, that's when the boss fight happened. I'll add that to my walkthrough. Other than that caveat and adding the Black Widow Spider at position 74 and Kyrylko at position 76 and renumbering, your list is perfect. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:21 am

Awesome feedback as usual, lemme try to quote it and compare with my excel file (yeah I have that, absolutely mandatory for a monster-sized game like this)

Total Items Found: 963
Difficulty Mode: 0 out of 2
SideQuests Completed: 64 out of 65
(including Guild Quests: 39 out of 40)
Secret Rooms Discovered: 200 out of 201
Bosses Slain: 93 out of 92
(included Legendary Bosses: 7/6, plus Mimics 30/30)
Relics Found: 34 out of 35

I have 6 legendary bosses, did I mess up with the Nixes or smth?

6x LEGENDARY BOSS
AURORA
GEHENNA
FARADAY
NIX
NIX x2
KYRYLKO

Global Laxius Stats
Bosses 93 ~ Relics 34 ~ Secret Rooms 200
SideQuests 64 ~ Items 963 ~ Difficulty 0
Overall Score 683
Runaway Bokden's Spotted: 12 out of 13 (lucky number!)
Dreams Visited: 7 out of 7
Global Score: 708 (700+=A, 600+=B, 500+=C)

I have this for Bokden:

# WHERE?
1 SPIDER LAIR CH2
2 SPIDER LAIR CH2
3 SWARM CH3
4 SWARM CH3
5 INDI'NERA CH3
6 MSI WHEN LUCI ILL CH3
7 BARETT DREAM 4 CH3
8 INDI'NERA CH4
9 ABBAOTH SR GOLD CH4
10 BARETTA ART CH4
11 BARETTA ART AVT PSY
12 celest baths
13 mecha tree ending 1st gift

So it appears there is still one secret room that is just unavailable. I still suspect it's SR #191 in the Psychodrium, but I suppose it could be in one of the non-sequential places like the Ant Kingdom or one of the Dreams. I don't think I left any square unsearched though in those dreams. And if it is in one of the dreams, it would have to be SR #D-008 in the 3 Doors dream and I couldn't find it there. I'm really tired of searching for it, so I'll just admit defeat on this one.

Damn me, apparently yes SR191, while it's there technically, can't be reached (it's in the Psychodrium). Update time I suppose, but let's try to sort out the remaining points of obscurity first.

One relic remains missing.

I have this (yup you deserve I dig up my list of secrets lol)

1 FROSTSLAINTH INDINERA WOODS
2 VANTAGE SHIELD SR
3 KENEZZEER GAUNTLET IRON MANOR
4 eyeseeker knzr in the wall after book taken
5 KING LION CLAW GUILD OF ABSINTHE
6 X FLAIL X KILLER PIT BOSS ROOM
7 KADAVER SHIELD SR 98 IN SWAMP
8 BRANICE'S DIAMOND NASH PLACE
9 D'ARJEN SR 109
10 TEMPEST SR 122
11 SKULLFACE BLADE DREAM 1 24,18
12 VANTAGE RING
13 INGOFILEHA GARDENS OF CONSTANCTZA
14 CONSTANCE'S SCYTHE GARDENS OF CONSTANCTZA
15 AGUANNATHER SR 143
16 LADY SUB SR 148
17 MIMICKING CROWN MIMIC CHALLENGE
18 MIMIQUEEN
19 HERITAGE OF XEN SR 155
20 IVORY STAR SR 160
21 BARETTA SPECIAL SR 104
22 EDELWEYSS sunflower crops
23 YVEEN SPEAR SR 169
24 FA-TE SR 183
25 BARKMAULER GODSL LV2
26 SANG DE ROI SHADOWS LV3
27 GOLDEN AXE GODSL LV3 or 4
28 BLITZKILL ARCHERY LV4
29 RAYLYNE SHADOWS LV5
30 zer keralis reach psy2 then in msi mechatree
31 nexus psycho
1 METALLIST GUILD OF ABSINTHE
2 TEANDAL LAXIUS SHRINE
3 ULM-WARRIOR SEVENTH SHRINE
4 APOCALYPSIA CELESTIAL SHRINE RIGHT TOWER

I have a couple of thoughts about that. My inventory has a Paradigm and a Paradigm-R. They're almost the same except that the Paradigm-R also has a good chance of bleeding and/or critical. Is it possible the Paradigm-R was supposed to be a Paradigm (R) and count as a relic? The other thought is Random's Apocalypsia. I spent a lot of time running around getting everyone's technics to at least 250 just to see what goodies they offered. The best, Wendala's, are already mentioned in the guide. But I also wanted to see if the Laxius technics would do anything at level 70 (combine to form new technics) or give goodies at 100 uses. Neither happened. But it took a long time to get those Laxius uses up because the books and rings don't increase Laxius technics. That meant I spent a lot of time with Random in the Celestial Palace just getting into fights and increasing his Laxius uses. At some point, and I can't tell you what triggered it, his Apocalypsia (R) 'evolved' into Apocalypsia-X (R). This didn't increase the number of relics found, though. Maybe because it wasn't a new find? Or maybe it was supposed to increase the relics by one. I don't think any of the bosses, legendary or otherwise, drops a relic because I found all the bosses and never got anything new to add to the Relics list.

According to my list, it doesn't seem to be an extra Apocalypsia or a mistake with the Paradigm.
Can you compare with your list and see which one you missed?

And that 13th Bokden sighting remains elusive. That one is hard to keep track of because it's not always clear when Bokden is Bokden and when Boden is Den Bosch.

Isn't there a message telling you you found another occurence of him? Anyway, my list is above. It's not totally foolproof but it's my honest list xD
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:16 pm

@Rabbit found 4 in the Celestial Palace and 2 in the Psychodrium and I can confirm those six.
Rabbit wrote:Hi, I have the list of 6 Legendary Bosses for you. There are 4 in the Celestial Palace and 2 in the Psychodrium. I was replaying to refine my notes, but needed a break. Here's what I have, hopefully you can make sense of it.
Spoiler: show
Celestial Palace
Kyrylko [BOSS, Legendary] green pegasus in left tower
Nix [BOSS, Legendary] - flame in Right Tower
Faraday [BOSS, Legendary] - in left globe in left room of Suites
Nix [BOSS, Legendary] - flame at start of Throne Room
Psychodrium
Nix*2 [BOSS, Legendary] - flame in lower left of "dead zone"
King Gehenna of the Gnashers [BOSS, Legendary] - on pedestal at the back of crypt-like building middle path

Aurora, the black widow spider, happens in the Ancient Thorn Fortress, so that makes 7 legendary, and one additional boss. Looks like an additional Nix got dropped in there somehow.

The missing relic is 14 CONSTANCE'S SCYTHE GARDENS OF CONSTANCTZA. Can you be more specific as to its location?

I'm actually glad to know SR 191 is an oversight.

It's for sure that Bokden is a trickster. +::lol I'm not surprised finding him in the right places at the right times is difficult.

I tried to match my list with yours and I think it matches pretty well. The one I had listed as Baretta's Rocket Ship dream apparently doesn't count. It looks like I forgot to update my list with Louthros calling Bokden an 'idiot' in Secret Room 165 in the Abbaoth Monastery, that I'm sure is your 9 ABBAOTH SR GOLD CH4 because there is a lot of gold in that room. This is how they match up.

1 SPIDER LAIR CH2
Ruins of Lyakine (3rd Screen, room with piano)

2 SPIDER LAIR CH2
Ruins of Lyakine (5th Screen, first hanging right room)

3 SWARM CH3
Bug Swarm (1st Screen, up to to right of resting sparkle, must be seen before Baretta joins party)

4 SWARM CH3
4-Bug Swarm (3rd Screen, right edge, Baretta is in the party)

5 INDI'NERA CH3
Indi' Ner' Ah-Llewandyl City Hall and Warehouse (when party first arrives to begin searching the Thorn Fortress for the Heart of Indinera)

6 MSI WHEN LUCI ILL CH3
MSI main level upper (behind stairway leading back up to MSI Lv1, Random was alone on way to check on Sarah in the basement, Luciana is still ill and they only have 3 of the 4 plants

7 BARETT DREAM 4 CH3
Baretta's fifth dream (MSI & Gold Dream) after returning from the Gardens of Constanctza, but before checking in on Luciana

8 INDI'NERA CH4
Indi' Ner' Ah-Llewandyl City Hall and Warehouse (after Luciana is cured and they are headed back to the Thorn Fortress to open the box again)

9 ABBAOTH SR GOLD CH4
Abbaoth Monastery (Lv-2) SR 165 with all the gold

10 celest baths
Celestial Thermals just before reclaiming Yveen's throne, in a blind hallway on the left edge of the map

11 BARETTA ART AVT PSY
I can't find Bokden anyplace else. I looked just before going to and after returning from the Psychodrium. I've hunted the entire 2nd floor, including the Barett'Art. He's just not there. And he can't be found by the Celestial Party team before the Psychodrium because you can't enter the room if Baretta isn't in the party.

12 BARETTA ART CH4
MSI Lv2 lower room to left of windmills, Bokden asks Baretta if she wants to elope. This is with the all girl party, can be done right away before entering the Psychodrium or if they return to the MSI before Yveen joins the party (only available with the 'good' ending)

13 mecha tree ending 1st gift
Inspecting the Mecha-Tree with all girl party if you return from the Psychodrium before Yveen joins the party (only available with the 'good' ending)

Can you look at your #11 sighting of Bokden again. Maybe I've misinterpreted your code and it means something entirely different? Thanks.

Oh, you asked if there wasn't a notification each time a 'countable' Bokden was found. I think the only visual clue is his name, which is a BIG clue haha, and that he runs off after you talk to him. I didn't see any other text notification. But that would be in keeping with your previous games. Bokden pops in, he pops out, no explanation. Seasoned Laxius players will know something's up, but newer players won't until they see the final stats. It's just the Bokden way. ;)

And thanks so much for weighing in and divulging these secrets. It's very much appreciated. +::heart

(Edited at 7:00 pm for a more concise Bokden listing)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:24 am

I have edited the boss count to 93 and 7.

The missing relic is 14 CONSTANCE'S SCYTHE GARDENS OF CONSTANCTZA. Can you be more specific as to its location?

It's a boss drop but since it's supposed to be a 100% drop it's actually super easy to get in theory.
The only pitfall is that the boss is supposed to be "Constantzor" (with the skull face and yellow eyes) not "Constantza".
Maybe the drop didn't work, I'll try to make it differently.

I tried to match my list with yours and I think it matches pretty well. The one I had listed as Baretta's Rocket Ship dream apparently doesn't count. It looks like I forgot to update my list with Louthros calling Bokden an 'idiot' in Secret Room 165 in the Abbaoth Monastery, that I'm sure is your 9 ABBAOTH SR GOLD CH4 because there is a lot of gold in that room. This is how they match up.

Nice!

Can you look at your #11 sighting of Bokden again. Maybe I've misinterpreted your code and it means something entirely different? Thanks.

I'm doing it presently, and it's a bit... confusing.

Oh, you asked if there wasn't a notification each time a 'countable' Bokden was found. I think the only visual clue is his name, which is a BIG clue haha, and that he runs off after you talk to him. I didn't see any other text notification. But that would be in keeping with your previous games. Bokden pops in, he pops out, no explanation. Seasoned Laxius players will know something's up, but newer players won't until they see the final stats. It's just the Bokden way. ;)

I'll try to add some little hint.

And thanks so much for weighing in and divulging these secrets. It's very much appreciated. +::heart

+::Thumbup +::clap +::kiss
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:32 am

Bokden:

* He should be in Barett'Art during CH4.
* He should be in MSI LV2 (bottom/left corner) when you're supposed to tackle Psychodrium - I think that's an approximation in my list with the 2nd Barett'Art mention.
I've added a small visual cue, when he's "counted", he'll have a sweat emote followed by a heart emote pop up before running. After I upload the new version, if you replay the game, feel free to make a list of the times (and places lol) where he shows up and is not counted.

The confusing bit in Barett'Art is that he's in 3 different places at the same time, but allegedly you can only see one version at a time, so I think my idea was to convey that he's so fat he outruns you from room to room... but then only the top/middle room triggers him to run (disappear) and therefore also the +1 in the count. Bit awkward but hey, guess so is he (and am I lol)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Indinera wrote:Bokden:

* He should be in Barett'Art during CH4.
* He should be in MSI LV2 (bottom/left corner) when you're supposed to tackle Psychodrium - I think that's an approximation in my list with the 2nd Barett'Art mention.
I've added a small visual cue, when he's "counted", he'll have a sweat emote followed by a heart emote pop up before running. After I upload the new version, if you replay the game, feel free to make a list of the times (and places lol) where he shows up and is not counted.

The confusing bit in Barett'Art is that he's in 3 different places at the same time, but allegedly you can only see one version at a time, so I think my idea was to convey that he's so fat he outruns you from room to room... but then only the top/middle room triggers him to run (disappear) and therefore also the +1 in the count. Bit awkward but hey, guess so is he (and am I lol)

I'm pretty sure it's that one in Barett'Art during the Psychodrium that I was missing, so when the new version is uploaded, it should be a really quick test. The one in MSI LV2 (bottom/left corner) I found. That's when he asks Baretta if she wants to elope. In the Barett'Art room, looks like he just totally outran me from the getgo! That does explain, though, why the girl in that room keeps asking (paraphrased) "Why is he here? I'm supposed to be hiding and he's giving me away!" For me, there was never anyone there. I thought it was a leftover and she was talking about Nash. Nice concept, though, of Bokden outrunning you. I will say again that there are so many "little things" that have been put into this game, the gorgeous mapping, the secret rooms, the totally interesting battles, the evolvement of the skills/spells, the elusive Bokdens, the quests, I could go on and on, that it's no wonder one or two little things got lost.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:52 pm

I'm pretty sure it's that one in Barett'Art during the Psychodrium that I was missing, so when the new version is uploaded, it should be a really quick test. The one in MSI LV2 (bottom/left corner) I found. That's when he asks Baretta if she wants to elope. In the Barett'Art room, looks like he just totally outran me from the getgo! That does explain, though, why the girl in that room keeps asking (paraphrased) "Why is he here? I'm supposed to be hiding and he's giving me away!"

I fixed that small bug just now lol
Sadly the Bokden that you missed is not the one just before the Psychodrium, this one pops up at some point during CH4 instead.
The "eloping" Bokden IS the one before Psychodrium.

For me, there was never anyone there. I thought it was a leftover and she was talking about Nash. Nice concept, though, of Bokden outrunning you. I will say again that there are so many "little things" that have been put into this game, the gorgeous mapping, the secret rooms, the totally interesting battles, the evolvement of the skills/spells, the elusive Bokdens, the quests, I could go on and on, that it's no wonder one or two little things got lost.

Thanks +:oops:
You can't imagine how hard I worked for this :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Sekai » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:16 pm

So I am playing through again after a nuked hard drive killed my first try halfway through last year, and managed to kill the Piso King with Louthros' party on the first encounter with him, on insane difficulty, though it took dozens of attempts.

The result was
Spoiler: show
a whole two royal acorns, ~500 xp and 1000 gold, and no change in the dialogue, which proceeds the same as it does if he ran away. No idea if it affects anything further in, though.Image

If anyone else wants to try it, the way I did it was to use some stat buff potions beforehand, equip Louthros with as much counter gear as possible, and the Lycosine spirit found earlier in the same dungeon. Aside from the counter, this has a hidden effect of giving a large, unresistable damage boost to his 1001 cobwebs skill; even if the skill misses, all enemies will take this damage. It seems to have two possible amounts of damage it can do, in my case it was either 1300s or 1900s. 1900 would take Schitt below half health and he would flee (he 100% flees if he is below half health when his turn comes up), but 1300 would not. Sandy can hurt him with Trauma, and Wendala can hurt him with Delta Night, both for around 400-600 in my case. It is therefore possible to kill him if Louthros does the lower amount of damage with webs/Lycosine, then Schitt acts, then by some miracle of RNG doesn't heal/buff his hp too much, or cripple your necessary characters, or some order of turns that results in Schitt being partially injured and then you having Louthros + at least one other person damage him. As far as I know, Sarah can't hurt him except by counterattack (she can give him a bleed this way with Eyeseeker equipped, though.) He can also be damaged by counter though he'll flee if he's already injured too much. Even with all this, it's very nasty with RNG to go 1-2 rounds with him to set this up without your characters being killed/enraged/paralyzed.

My chars were mostly level 25-30, and while I religiously trained my skills, I didn't sit and overlevel them in one place for too long, so I hadn't yet unlocked all of them or gotten the bonuses, or any of the 200+ bonuses.
Sekai
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:07 pm

New update on its way (should be ready in one hour from now).

EDIT: now uploaded.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:58 pm

Indinera wrote:New update on its way (should be ready in one hour from now).

Secret Room #191 is now accessible. +::YAY
13th Bokden in Chapter 4- I still can't find him. This is where/when I looked
Bokden not in Barret'Art before party leaves MSI to follow Sarah to 7th Temple
Party goes to Seventh Temple (can't return to MSI), saves Sarah, Cutscene, Fake ending
Party shifts to Louthros' team and remains with Louthros until Yveen is freed and joins others at MSI
Once Yveen joins party, Baretta isn't an option for a team member, so party can't enter Barett'Art.
Finish up guild quests, Celestial Palace, get 'good' ending
Baretta now a part of party, go directly to Barret'Art before going to Psychodrium, no Bokden
Return to MSI just prior to Luci being replaced with Yveen (because you can't return to MSI once Yveen has joined party), no Bokden in Barret'Art

Still working on finding that boss battle with Constance's Scythe,
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:48 pm

I think the Bokden you missed can't be found if you're already in the Psychodrium part.
He's available for a while DURING chapter 4.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Sekai » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:13 pm

Are these updates automatic whenever the game is launched? Or have to redownload/reinstall from the original purchase link, and if so, anything required to do to keep savegames safe?

Thanks
Sekai
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:00 pm

Sekai wrote:

Are these updates automatic whenever the game is launched? Or have to redownload/reinstall from the original purchase link, and if so, anything required to do to keep savegames safe?

Thanks

Redownload/reinstall sadly. Savefiles should still be there though but I would backup them somewhere first to stay on the safe side.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Sekai » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:31 pm

Indinera wrote:
Sekai wrote:

Thanks

Redownload/reinstall sadly. Savefiles should still be there though but I would backup them somewhere first to stay on the safe side.

Thanks, got it working without any issues, just wanted to be sure since I'm used to steam/gog auto patching.
Sekai
Peasant

Previous

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions