Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Re: Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:09 pm

What's the conditions for the windmills appearing in the MSI? 'Cause I donated 50k on the two times I had the chance.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:42 pm

D-Squall wrote:What's the conditions for the windmills appearing in the MSI? 'Cause I donated 50k on the two times I had the chance.

I think you also had to have seen the windmills in one of Barreta's dreams. I don't remember which one and my notes are on an older computer. I do remember that the original build was glitched in that dream scene, that once you entered that windmill room you couldn't exit, forcing you to reload from a prior save. Not being able to enter that room prevented the windmills from appearing in MSI. But that glitch was fixed in a later release. Hopefully you have the latest build.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:21 pm

I have one of the oldest, I also reported a few bugs back then. The problem is, I don't remember any windmills in any of her dreams and I checked them throughtly.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:16 pm

D-Squall wrote:I have one of the oldest, I also reported a few bugs back then. The problem is, I don't remember any windmills in any of her dreams and I checked them throughtly.

Well, there's definitely a windmill in one of her dreams and it was definitely bugged, but later fixed.
https://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10363&p=321019&hilit=windmill#p321019
That thread doesn't identify which dream it was though. Give me a little time and I'll see if my old computer will boot.

Also, you are definitely not going to be able to solve all the quests if you don't have the latest version. Quests that I know were bugged for a very long time were the Kill the Piso King quest and the Find the Ultimate Bath quest. You might want to download the latest build.

Edit-I can't get my old computer to turn on. I think it might have been the one where the MSI was filled with gold. I do remember it was in a room and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the zombie one or the candy (or was it pills) one. Maybe Indy can help fill in the blanks. Strike that. It was the Zombie Dream. I found this post about it.
Drake707 wrote:sooo I'm in the zombies dream again and this time I stumble upon some windmills in secret room D-004. anyone have a clue what's up with that?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:55 pm

Sorry, I mean newest. But those the windmills affects anything? Also, can anyone tell me where's secret rooms D-005 and D-006? Is on the Rocket Ship dream? I was following some parts of your walkthrough and it seems you didn't mentioned that dream.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:58 pm

I don't believe the windmills add anything to the story. They do add some aesthetics to the MSI, but I never found them to affect anything else. Things that do affect the outcome are the pool area, the shrine, the farmhouse, maybe another. But that only meant you get more options as to where your story will end. So, no, I'm quite sure missing out on the windmills isn't going to affect anything. Was there a final score in LS? I don't remember. If there was, you'd probably miss out on a few points by not having those windmills.

I'm going to order an external hard drive reader to try to recover my files from that computer. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

I didn't focus on the specifics of the dreams of the walkthrough or the specifics of the quests because I thought they were being laid out by others. The walkthrough generally focuses on the main story. Can you do me a favor, D-Squall, since you have the newest build, can you see if you can find/enter that last secret room? I thought I had the latest build and I could never find it. Seraphus once posted where you find it, but I don't know of anyone who was able to find/enter it with his instructions. So, if you do find it, and I think you need to have the good ending and it's just before the final battle (sorry if I'm being vague, without my notes my memory is a sieve), it'd be great if you could post that the secret room is actually there. Thanks.

Where are you in the game? Were you able to get Sarah to shoot the Leaf Bird? Things that I remember are (and perhaps not in this order), you need to hire the guard who gave you the ore recipe, at some point he asks you for a raise and you need to refuse him. That causes him to leave and then Sarah is out front by the bathtub. When the assassin comes, Sarah (not the guard) kills the assassin. Then Sarah and her tub move to the back yard. It is very important to keep Sarah equipped with the correct bow before she leaves the party for good in the MSI. I kept her equipped with a Thorn Bow, though I don't know why the more elaborate bows didn't work for me. At some time, Random goes to the farm, sees Sarah in the back yard ready to take her bath, they have a fight, she shoots her arrow into the air, the Leaf Bird falls dead. If I ever replay this game, I'll pay special attention to this part and see if there's something else I might have missed. It worked for me, it's worked for others, and yet many people say they were never able to either get Sarah to move to the back yard with her tub or, she did but she didn't shoot down any bird. So as long as you're replaying, maybe you could lend some insight into this quest as well. I don't believe the quest is bugged, I just think it's a convoluted set of actions that must be taken.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:31 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I don't believe the windmills add anything to the story. They do add some aesthetics to the MSI, but I never found them to affect anything else. Things that do affect the outcome are the pool area, the shrine, the farmhouse, maybe another. But that only meant you get more options as to where your story will end. So, no, I'm quite sure missing out on the windmills isn't going to affect anything. Was there a final score in LS? I don't remember. If there was, you'd probably miss out on a few points by not having those windmills.

I hope it doesn't affect anything, but well they weren't there... weird.

Lady JJ wrote:I didn't focus on the specifics of the dreams of the walkthrough or the specifics of the quests because I thought they were being laid out by others. The walkthrough generally focuses on the main story.

I understand that you didn't wanted to focus on dreams, but the fact is that you forgot to mention the Rocketship Dream that is available before you leave the MSI for the second visit on Thorn Fortress.
Lady JJ wrote:Can you do me a favor, D-Squall, since you have the newest build, can you see if you can find/enter that last secret room? I thought I had the latest build and I could never find it. Seraphus once posted where you find it, but I don't know of anyone who was able to find/enter it with his instructions. So, if you do find it, and I think you need to have the good ending and it's just before the final battle (sorry if I'm being vague, without my notes my memory is a sieve), it'd be great if you could post that the secret room is actually there. Thanks.

I'll try, I'll ask Indinera the latest version just to be sure. I don't know how much versions the game had since my last playthrough, which was like a few months ago.

Lady JJ wrote:Where are you in the game? Were you able to get Sarah to shoot the Leaf Bird? Things that I remember are (and perhaps not in this order), you need to hire the guard who gave you the ore recipe, at some point he asks you for a raise and you need to refuse him. That causes him to leave and then Sarah is out front by the bathtub. When the assassin comes, Sarah (not the guard) kills the assassin. Then Sarah and her tub move to the back yard. It is very important to keep Sarah equipped with the correct bow before she leaves the party for good in the MSI. I kept her equipped with a Thorn Bow, though I don't know why the more elaborate bows didn't work for me. At some time, Random goes to the farm, sees Sarah in the back yard ready to take her bath, they have a fight, she shoots her arrow into the air, the Leaf Bird falls dead. If I ever replay this game, I'll pay special attention to this part and see if there's something else I might have missed. It worked for me, it's worked for others, and yet many people say they were never able to either get Sarah to move to the back yard with her tub or, she did but she didn't shoot down any bird. So as long as you're replaying, maybe you could lend some insight into this quest as well. I don't believe the quest is bugged, I just think it's a convoluted set of actions that must be taken.

I'll try, I'm at the MSI after curing Luci and about to leave for my second visit to Thorn Fortress. I guess I still have time to try all those things you mentioned.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:26 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I didn't focus on the specifics of the dreams of the walkthrough or the specifics of the quests because I thought they were being laid out by others. The walkthrough generally focuses on the main story.

I understand that you didn't wanted to focus on dreams, but the fact is that you forgot to mention the Rocketship Dream that is available before you leave the MSI for the second visit on Thorn Fortress.

I'll reread the walkthrough and revise it when I can gain access to my notes. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:41 pm

Does equipping Sarah with the Thron Bow before she leaves the party is really mandatory to complete the Leaf bird quest? It seems very absurd to me since it takes a long time from the last time we control her to the completion of this quest.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:15 pm

D-Squall wrote:Does equipping Sarah with the Thron Bow before she leaves the party is really mandatory to complete the Leaf bird quest? It seems very absurd to me since it takes a long time from the last time we control her to the completion of this quest.

All I can tell you is that's the only bow that I could make the event happen with. I think this is a question for Indy. Only he would know definitively. And, you're right, it's a long way to reload back if you don't have the right bow, so a straight answer from Indy would definitely be appreciated.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:57 pm

It does work with several bows. Mithril or Blitzkill will easy hit the bird for instance.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:38 am

Is there any Secret Room on the Hall of Failed Dreams or in Jadaya?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:20 am

D-Squall wrote:Is there any Secret Room on the Hall of Failed Dreams or in Jadaya?

I can't help until I can get those files off my old computer and that's going to take some time. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:49 pm

The monkey that you see in Thorn fortress then in Goat and Lion didn't gave me any ring, just wanted to point that out.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:05 pm

D-Squall wrote:The monkey that you see in Thorn fortress then in Goat and Lion didn't gave me any ring, just wanted to point that out.

And you interacted with that brown monkey earlier to the right outside the fortress? I wonder if you have to interact with them inside the castle as well, when they just scamper away and seem to do nothing else? I don't remember what the Monkey Ring does, but I do remember it wasn't anything I'd want to keep equipped.

Edit- I ordered a hard drive reader this morning so should be able to recover those notes sometime over the weekend.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions