Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Re: Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:29 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
D-Squall wrote:The monkey that you see in Thorn fortress then in Goat and Lion didn't gave me any ring, just wanted to point that out.

And you interacted with that brown monkey earlier to the right outside the fortress? I wonder if you have to interact with them inside the castle as well, when they just scamper away and seem to do nothing else? I don't remember what the Monkey Ring does, but I do remember it wasn't anything I'd want to keep equipped.

Edit- I ordered a hard drive reader this morning so should be able to recover those notes sometime over the weekend.

No hurry with that, I'm just pointing things that you might wanna add to your walkthrough. Funny thing is, I went to Goat/Lion again and the monkey was there again, this time he gave me the ring.

You also forgot to mention where is Secret Room 158 and 159.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:28 pm

D-Squall wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:
D-Squall wrote:The monkey that you see in Thorn fortress then in Goat and Lion didn't gave me any ring, just wanted to point that out.

And you interacted with that brown monkey earlier to the right outside the fortress? I wonder if you have to interact with them inside the castle as well, when they just scamper away and seem to do nothing else? I don't remember what the Monkey Ring does, but I do remember it wasn't anything I'd want to keep equipped.

Edit- I ordered a hard drive reader this morning so should be able to recover those notes sometime over the weekend.

No hurry with that, I'm just pointing things that you might wanna add to your walkthrough. Funny thing is, I went to Goat/Lion again and the monkey was there again, this time he gave me the ring.
You also forgot to mention where is Secret Room 158 and 159.

So maybe you need to interact with the monkey a set number of times? Glad you got the ring though. What did you think of its effect? Is it usable?

Missing SRs 158 and 159 definitely needs to be rectified. As soon as I can get to the game and the dozens upon dozens of saved games, I'll comb through all these past posts and see what I can update. Fortunately I have a list detailing where all those saved games are. Gosh, @Kale really puts me to shame with walkthroughs. But I try. I don't mind if the walkthrough is incomplete, this is Indy's game after all and who knows how many secrets I might have missed, but I would hate to be pointing people in the wrong direction, like with the Leaf Bird quest. I'm counting on you to post how it worked out and what bow Sarah used. ;)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 pm

So... where is Secret Room 159? +::lol
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:28 pm

D-Squall wrote:So... where is Secret Room 159? +::lol

This may very well be the one I never found. Seraphus says he found it.
https://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10294&p=321016&hilit=159#p321016
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:26 pm

Hmm that seems a bit vague. I don't know what torture place he's talking about. I can't seem to recall any torture place at that point of the game.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:46 pm

D-Squall wrote:Hmm that seems a bit vague. I don't know what torture place he's talking about. I can't seem to recall any torture place at that point of the game.

Did you find SR 158?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:41 am

Yes, it's on Ancient Thorn Fortress, I feel very stupid for missing 159 because it doesn't seem very hard to find, it's just that I missed something.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Rabbit » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:45 am

In my notes for secret room 159, I have:
Spoiler: show
Abbaoth Monastery Lv0, just after coming back upstairs from the top left part of Lv-1
Perhaps that will help...
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:47 am

Rabbit wrote:In my notes for secret room 159, I have:
Spoiler: show
Abbaoth Monastery Lv0, just after coming back upstairs from the top left part of Lv-1
Perhaps that will help...

Oh, so it is on the damn monastery then. Thank you very much, I thought it was still on Ancient Thorn Fortress.

espiri
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:16 pm

@Lady JJ - Regarding the assassin's quest, the quest is triggered ONLY if you refused to give Thurngard a raise. You can't trigger the quest with Cryptopher without this condition. And yes, you shouldn't talk to Sarah before accepting the quest because she will get angry and leave before the assassin show up.

After I completed the Assassin's quest, I talked to Sarah and Random still forbids her to have a bath outisde. Then I left and came back to the farm, this time she was on the back of the farmhouse. Since I had the Thorn Bow equipped, I managed to complete the quest.

So, the order is:
-Refuse Thurngard's raise twice
-Leave the farm without talking to Sarah
-Go to the Guild of Shadows and get the assassin's quest
-Go back to the farm and Sarah will say she killed the assassin
-Talk to Sarah again to make her angry
-Leave the farm and return
-This time Sarah will be in the back of the house, talk to her and if you had a good bow equipped on her, she will shoot the leaf bird.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:37 pm

D-Squall wrote:@Lady JJ - Regarding the assassin's quest, the quest is triggered ONLY if you refused to give Thurngard a raise. You can't trigger the quest with Cryptopher without this condition. And yes, you shouldn't talk to Sarah before accepting the quest because she will get angry.

After I completed the Assassin's quest, I talked to Sarah and Random still forbids her to have a bath outisde. Then I left and came back to the farm, this time she was on the back of the farmhouse. Since I had the Thorn Bow equipped, I managed to complete the quest.

So, the order is:
-Refuse Thurngard's raise twice
-Leave the farm without talking to Sarah
-Go to the Guild of Shadows and get the assassin's quest
-Go back to the farm and Sarah will say she killed the assassin
-Talk to Sarah again to make her angry
-Leave the farm and return
-This time Sarah will be in the back of the house, talk to her and if you had a good bow equipped on her, she will shoot the leaf bird.

This is an awesome find, D-Squall! I'm pretty sure that's what I did, but it's great to have it listed out like this AND VERIFIED!

Turns out I ordered the wrong SSD reader, so I ordered another, but I won't get it until sometime tomorrow. It's still going to be another couple of days before I can check my notes for those missing secret rooms and add your corrections to the walkthrough.

I'm glad you also verified the Thorn Bow works. I remember deliberately repeating that part with different bows and the Thorn Bow was the only one that worked for me, which surprised me because there are certainly better bows for Sarah, but they all failed. She shoots and either nothing happens or they see/hear something fly away. I've kind of forgotten what exactly happened with the other bows.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 am

You're welcome Lady JJ, to tell you the truth I was a little scared that things wouldn't work out and that I might make a mistake in following the right order, but all ended up well.

So, any hint in completing Sidequest 21. I thought it was just the drows from that guild, but it is still on my quest menu.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:27 am

D-Squall wrote:You're welcome Lady JJ, to tell you the truth I was a little scared that things wouldn't work out and that I might make a mistake in following the right order, but all ended up well.

So, any hint in completing Sidequest 21. I thought it was just the drows from that guild, but it is still on my quest menu.

It's on your quest menu, so I'm assuming you got the letter from the fisherman. What does the quest say?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:35 am

"Pre-empt the rival Drows of the Black Circle"

Also, Yveen doesn't set a third teleporter for me to complete the sunflower quest. None of the 4 option works.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:23 am

D-Squall wrote:"Pre-empt the rival Drows of the Black Circle"

Also, Yveen doesn't set a third teleporter for me to complete the sunflower quest. None of the 4 option works.

I need to pass on these questions until I can get to that hard drive. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Last edited by Lady JJ on Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions