Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Re: Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Bathtub quest- Does the older sister even give you a chance to input the name of the area? If a screen doesn't pop up where you can input the name, then you don't have the latest build. And, if you don't have the latest build, then you can't solve the Piso King quest.

Quest 18- You had the dream where Bokden talked about his friend having the recipe? You got the quest from Kalysto? I don't know what else to tell you. If Bokden told you about his friend in the dream, then you should get the recipe. I wish Indy would weigh in on these quests because he's the only one who knows exactly what needs to be done and in what order.

Quest 21- I think the only thing you need to do is have Wendala in your party. I don't know what else to say.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Marc » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:08 am

Lady JJ wrote:Bathtub quest- Does the older sister even give you a chance to input the name of the area? If a screen doesn't pop up where you can input the name, then you don't have the latest build. And, if you don't have the latest build, then you can't solve the Piso King quest.

Quest 18- You had the dream where Bokden talked about his friend having the recipe? You got the quest from Kalysto? I don't know what else to tell you. If Bokden told you about his friend in the dream, then you should get the recipe. I wish Indy would weigh in on these quests because he's the only one who knows exactly what needs to be done and in what order.

Quest 21- I think the only thing you need to do is have Wendala in your party. I don't know what else to say.

Where can i find the latest version? i did not get the screen to enter the name, but the sister tells me it is the wrong name (or something like that, can't remember exactly) so i guess i do not have the latest version.
Marc
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:01 pm

Contact BMT and ask them for another link. I do it by finding the email they sent me with the download link and replying to it stating that I am aware there is a new download available and I'd like to have a new download link. They've always sent a new link within a day. If that doesn't work, send a PM to Indy.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby bobfarq » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:53 am

Lady JJ wrote:Contact BMT and ask them for another link. I do it by finding the email they sent me with the download link and replying to it stating that I am aware there is a new download available and I'd like to have a new download link. They've always sent a new link within a day. If that doesn't work, send a PM to Indy.

Best of luck with that. They didn't reply to me. I will try again as I am really not sure whether I have the latest version or not. It is different from the previous version but the Piso King quest cannot be done. Is there a way of seeing what version you have? If so, could Indy tell us the latest version, so we know we are up to date?

As for the others

Quest 18 - Sometimes you can cut short conversations without realising (I did that in Vuurm). Bodken says more in that dream than the rest of the game. If you allowed him to say his bit then Thurngaard will give up the recipe. Baretta has to be in the party in the Inn as it is her recollection of the dream that leads her to challenging him. Also of course you must have one slainth, one mithril, one duskdew and one dawndust available. It is a one off chance, you cannot go off and find the ores and return.

Quest 21. A little more info
Spoiler: show
After Aboath when you return to the Ancient Thorn Fortress and get to the door which contains the stone, go into the second door up to the throne and talk to the Drow.
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby bobfarq » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:38 am

I am trying to finish off the 'difficult' quests and failing badly. How on earth do I get the leaf bird? I have been to the farm loaads of separate times, but Sarah just stands at the front and says there are no bathtubs. She never goes to the back and gets mad and shoots a leaf bird. Also when does Thurgnaard make an appearance? Do you have to get the leaf bird first? Whenever I go to the farm he is nowhere to be seen. Also without seeing Thurngaard it appears the Shadow guild will not give the quest. Bit stumped here.
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby bobfarq » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:07 pm

Can anyone tell me where I find Thurngaard at the farm. I have looked everywhere but can find no sign of him. Sarah is out the front, Wendala is upstairs and Sandy in the little shed. I even went back to when Thurngaard was recruited to make sure I had actually hired him. I paid him 900g and off he went to the farm. But when I get to the farm he is nowhere to be found. Where is he?
bobfarq
Wanderer

Postby Marc » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:01 pm

bobfarq wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Contact BMT and ask them for another link. I do it by finding the email they sent me with the download link and replying to it stating that I am aware there is a new download available and I'd like to have a new download link. They've always sent a new link within a day. If that doesn't work, send a PM to Indy.

Best of luck with that. They didn't reply to me. I will try again as I am really not sure whether I have the latest version or not. It is different from the previous version but the Piso King quest cannot be done. Is there a way of seeing what version you have? If so, could Indy tell us the latest version, so we know we are up to date?

As for the others

Quest 18 - Sometimes you can cut short conversations without realising (I did that in Vuurm). Bodken says more in that dream than the rest of the game. If you allowed him to say his bit then Thurngaard will give up the recipe. Baretta has to be in the party in the Inn as it is her recollection of the dream that leads her to challenging him. Also of course you must have one slainth, one mithril, one duskdew and one dawndust available. It is a one off chance, you cannot go off and find the ores and return.

Quest 21. A little more info
Spoiler: show
After Aboath when you return to the Ancient Thorn Fortress and get to the door which contains the stone, go into the second door up to the throne and talk to the Drow.

I did get an answer from BMT but i think they only reset my password and didn't put a new link, because at Q18 Thurngaard still don't give any recipe. I have all the ingrediants available. I spoke to Bokden in the dream. It is starting to get frustrating to play a game and can't finish all sidequests +::Annoyed
Marc
Wanderer

Postby Seraphus » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:37 am

Hey JJ, I went through all of the starting Azan part to dig out some stuff and here's some findings (I admit I didn't read all the other comments, though, so it's possible some stuff has been said):

- You can clear the GoA quest by just having Wendala try 5x. No need for Sniper.

- The Second Sloth does spawn after getting Wendala back, but more relevantly, if you kill the first sloth with wendala it seems it becomes impossible to kill the second one (as he simply does not spawn).
-> Specifically, the second sloth has 2 triggers:
--> 1. Kill the First Sloth
--> 2. Get Wendala *back*, in this order.
---> So Getting her back first will lock you out of the second sloth, at least, in my version so far.

- Doing the guild of archery quests first will give you better GoH rewards, however, this means farming out the kiwi feathers without using the Indinera Owls (or handing the quests in in the right order, which is definitely easier to do)
-> In fact, this gives you the enchanted bow, a really good bow for Sarah that has high atk and boosts her attack speed. I can confirm clearing the hunter quest (aka killing the owls) is fine, so no need to grind out feathers.

- Theoretically the best advice is to do all the content without accepting the quest to renovate the houses. This way Wendala is with you, then right before the outpost you go back, take the quest, use labour day once, go back to the outpost, go back, get Wendala (she becomes available as soon as you tap the door), kill sloth 2 and finish the Azan section.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby secasus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:22 am

MSI- Check in again at the MSI. In particular, check the Mecha-Tree. Use the menu option <Exit Danger> to go to the entrance map, then exit south and you'll be back in the MSI Deluxe Bedrooms. Now you have a couple of nice bows and, with Baretta's Portable Weaponry skill, anyone can use them. Check the music room on Lvl 2. If you look hard, there are eyes hiding in the wall behind the drums. It's a BOSS cat fight.

Lady JJ, I fought a BOSS cat there earlier before I left MSI. In this part on your guide is a second BOSS cat fight? I've clicked on everything in both Levl2 (where Coryool is by the pool) and in Barett'Art room and can't find another BOSS cat fight here.

My first game through I didn't rely on your guide, and since I missed so many things, I started a new game (after a short break) and your guide has been exceptionally helpful. Thank you!
secasus
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:03 pm

secasus wrote:
MSI- Check in again at the MSI. In particular, check the Mecha-Tree. Use the menu option <Exit Danger> to go to the entrance map, then exit south and you'll be back in the MSI Deluxe Bedrooms. Now you have a couple of nice bows and, with Baretta's Portable Weaponry skill, anyone can use them. Check the music room on Lvl 2. If you look hard, there are eyes hiding in the wall behind the drums. It's a BOSS cat fight.

Lady JJ, I fought a BOSS cat there earlier before I left MSI. In this part on your guide is a second BOSS cat fight? I've clicked on everything in both Levl2 (where Coryool is by the pool) and in Barett'Art room and can't find another BOSS cat fight here.

My first game through I didn't rely on your guide, and since I missed so many things, I started a new game (after a short break) and your guide has been exceptionally helpful. Thank you!

Like so many events in this game, and in most of Indy's games, you can only trigger some events if a very specific set of criteria has been met. In this case, the first time you enter Baretta's Art Room, you must have
(1) Shaapashaa Nips in inventory
(2) SQ #9- Find and kill the Piso King, quest can be either still active or completed
(3) completed Guild of Hunters Q #4- Kill the gang of dangerous wild cats

If you don't have these 3 requirements the first time you enter, then you've lost that opportunity for this boss fight. Reentering the room with the required criteria won't trigger the battle. I wouldn't lose any sleep over missing this battle. You hardly need the experience by this point in the game and I don't remember there being anything special in the battle drops.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby secasus » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:22 pm

Thank you, once again! This is helpful.
secasus
Peasant

Postby Drake707 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Brocel-Handers and Razan are both gone. Wendala is still obsessed with finding Coryool. Circle through the manor in the same way you did previously, starting with the stairs that lead down to the lower area of Lv-1. Downstairs, search the room to the left of those stairs for Secret Room 27 where Wendala gets a nice MAT boost. Back to the main floor, then down to the Chapel which has been destroyed. There is a treasure chest here now and a few nice items at the ??'s. Return to the main floor and explore the right section of Lv-1 by taking the next stairway. Return to the main floor and continue to the upper left section and take that stairway down to the garden area. Secret Room 28 is where Secret Room 25 was, behind the empty frame. Coryool is in the garden. Enter the hole in the garden to arrive to a new, unexplored area.

I've started a fresh playthrough (again), it's been a while, so I haven't caught up with the forum, so if someone already wrote this and I missed it, I apologize. When you loot the chest in the chapel, at some point, you can return to it and it becomes a mimic so you can fight it there. On my last playthrough, idk why, I have it in my head that I fought the same mimic twice, i.e., that the fight can be triggered twice. @Indinera or anyone can you please confirm if it's true or just a figment of my imagination because I can't seem to trigger the second fight in any way.
Drake707
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:12 pm

I think the Mimic in the main hall of the chapel can only be fought once.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Drake707 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Indinera wrote:I think the Mimic in the main hall of the chapel can only be fought once.

Thanks Indy, I spent the last 5 hours grinding spells there and even thinking about reloading an earlier save... +::fear
Drake707
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 pm

Drake707 wrote:
Indinera wrote:I think the Mimic in the main hall of the chapel can only be fought once.

Thanks Indy, I spent the last 5 hours grinding spells there and even thinking about reloading an earlier save... +::fear

No worries +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions