Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Re: Laxius Soul Walkthrough Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:37 am

Touching the end wall was just to Louthros say that he killed Mikkelsen and the frog problem won't come back, there is nothing about Drows.

And Yveen doesn't set the teleport, and what do you mean by right away? If it is right away as soon as you return to Azan from the MSI, then your walkthrough needs to be edited because it's the last thing that it says you should do before the Celestial Palace.

And I guess the dialogue is bugged because depending on the option that I chose, Random repeats the same dialogue making me choose the option again.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:20 am

Doesn't the walkthrough say that she opens a portal to Celestial Palace, you enter and immediately come back, ask her to open a portal to Azan and she does? And I don't know what those options are with Random. I really think I need to have the game in front of me to be able to come up with anything intelligent and that's not happening for a day or two.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 pm

If you go to Celestial Palace and come back, she opens a portal to Azan.
After I accept the quest, I return to the MSI and Random asked Yveen to set a teleport to the sunflower crops. She complains about her palace and then four options appears for me to choose, but all four doesn't work. I boosted Random with all kinds of boots but nothing changed.

Spoiler: show

I even tried an old savefile before going to Azan and tried this quest before any other to see if the problem was that I completed many other quests before trying this one, but it says the same.

And what about SQ 21? Nothing?
EDIT: Forget about quest 21, I went to an old savefile to check something and ended up finding out by accident.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:38 pm

I remember 'You know I'm right, just do it' being the answer. I wonder if that has to be the first answer, the first time she's approached about it?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Tried that option and all the others (I have saved just before returning to the MSI) and all four options she says something but no teleporter. Also, some of the options puts the event on loop, a bug that Indinera should look up.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:30 pm

Did you ever find SR 159? I can add a bit to what was posted earlier. As soon as you reach the top of those stairs in the Abboath Monastery, look down. There's a semi-circle floor decoration, pentagram actually. Walk through the center to reach SR 159 and see the rest of the pentagram. Two treasure chests there, one with an Ancient Hammer, the other with a Sacred Staff.

I did finally get the correct reader, then had to figure out what the BitBlocker recovery code was (thank goodness for Google), and I now have access to all those files. Give me a chance to install Laxius Soul on this computer and transfer my save files over. Then I'll replay how to get Yveen to open that portal. Just one more thing, who is the leader of your party?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:38 pm

D-Squall wrote:Tried that option and all the others (I have saved just before returning to the MSI) and all four options she says something but no teleporter. Also, some of the options puts the event on loop, a bug that Indinera should look up.

Where is she again when she offers those possibilities?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:51 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Did you ever find SR 159? I can add a bit to what was posted earlier. As soon as you reach the top of those stairs in the Abboath Monastery, look down. There's a semi-circle floor decoration, pentagram actually. Walk through the center to reach SR 159 and see the rest of the pentagram. Two treasure chests there, one with an Ancient Hammer, the other with a Sacred Staff.

I found the Secret Room.

Lady JJ wrote:I did finally get the correct reader, then had to figure out what the BitBlocker recovery code was (thank goodness for Google), and I now have access to all those files. Give me a chance to install Laxius Soul on this computer and transfer my save files over. Then I'll replay how to get Yveen to open that portal. Just one more thing, who is the leader of your party?

Random was the leader, even though when asked to change the leader, it said that the current leader was Yveen.

Indinera wrote:Where is she again when she offers those possibilities?

Yveen? She was with me (in the party). The event is triggered on the MSI after I triggered the quest.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:57 pm

I don't think the position in the party is the same as the leader. At some point you're asked who you want to be the leader. I selected Yveen the first time I played since it is, after all, her palace. She never opened a portal for me but I wasn't all that interested in completing all the quests my first playthrough. When I played the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... I always selected Random as the leader and I always got Yveen to open the portal. So maybe it makes a difference? Yveen is more likely to comply with Random's wishes if he's the leader? Do you have a save before you ever enter MSI and have that first conversation with Yveen, before selecting the leader and entering the portal to the Celestial Palace? All I can tell you is I selected Random as the leader, entered the portal, immediately came back (which was actually posted by someone else on the forum), and Yveen opened the portal to the sunflowers after I answered, You know I'm right.

Hopefully Indy will have a better answer for you.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Oh, you got it wrong. I'm not talking about who's in front of the party when I control, I'm talking about choosing a leader for the palace when asked. I choose Random, but you can change the leadership before entering the palace, and it said that Yveen was the leader, that's what I meant.

I'm still waiting for some answers regarding that, this is the only quest missing and I just want to be sure.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:34 am

The closest save I have is just before Random asks anyone who's not going to fight to unequip any good equipment. The only portal open is the portal to the Celestial Palace. I exit the menu and the scene changes to just in front of the portal. Yveen is in the lead with Random, Luciana, Louthros, and Zelina following. I don't know if Luck is important, but it usually is with Indy, so I'll mention it. Random's luck is 550. I don't have the Sunflower quest yet as I haven't yet brought Louthros to the bath house in Azan. I go to step into the Celestial Portal and select the option to Change Leader. I'm told Yveen is currently my leader. I select Random and enter the portal. I immediately leave the portal and Random asks Yveen to open a portal to Azan. She opens that portal. I go to Azan and to the bath house, more correctly Royal Thermals, talk to the girls and go under the bath to the end, Louthros announces he's already killed Mikkelsen. I go to the Guild of Indinera to report Mikkelsen's death and am then given the Sunflower Quest. I return to the MSI. As soon as I land back in the MSI Random asks Yveen to open a portal to the Sunflower Crops. Yveen is hesitant, Random says 'You know I'm right, just do it!' and Yveen opens the portal. I tried this with Random as leader, Yveen as leader and Luciana as leader. Didn't make a difference, Yveen opened the portal each time. I've done it over and over using different leaders (doesn't seem to make a difference) and different option. 'We'll do the crops after' and 'You know I'm right' both seem to work, the first and fourth don't work.

I managed to lower Random's luck by unequipping him of all except his Laxius Armor (which you can't unequip), Luck didn't change much, but then I equipped him with the Torture Book. I did this in Azan before returning to MSI. Random's luck was drastically lowered from 674 (I think completing the 4th Indinera Guild quest raised it from the earlier 550) to a measly 310. This time, Yveen refused to open the Sunflower portal. I'd definitely look at what Random's luck is.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 am

I'll see if I can get it right when I reach this part again, had to reload from a previous save file since I had missed Quest 21.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 pm

I edited the post to include Secret Rooms 158 and 159. In doing so, I found that the Abbaoth Monastery directions are woefully incomplete. There's a short sentence there that reads Finish Abbaoth Monastery. I suspect that was a message to remind me to finish that section before posting and I just plain forgot about it. I'll replay that section and rectify that sometime this week. I read on Discord that a player is going through the game noting inconsistencies, I wouldn't call them bugs as they're not game breaking, just things like the game saying TP when it actually affects FP, things like that. Indy has indicated he may then update the game. I'll also look through all the responses on this post and update the walkthrough as needed.

Edit- Almost forgot about the windmills
Windmills in the Zombie Dream
Akherburg tells Baretta it's too dangerous here and she should get some reinforcements. To the left of where he's standing is a room with two panels against the back wall. Walk between those two panels to enter a secret room. In that room, there is some smoke or something coming from the left wall, about midway up. Walk through that smoke to the windmill room. Nothing in the windmill room but windmills, but I believe you have to see them, maybe even touch them, before they'll show up in the MSI.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 am

D-Squall wrote:Is there any Secret Room on the Hall of Failed Dreams or in Jadaya?

Not that I've ever found. And I pretty much found them all (with the help of this forum) except for the last SR 191 in the Psychodrium.

Yeah, these are really hard. D-005 is in the top left room with the playground set, back wall between a sink and a cabinet. A broom and Wendy are to the right of that cabinet. D-006 is in the rocket ship room itself, the room where Yveen asks if this is how they're going to leave. To the left and slightly in front of that rocket ship, is a white dome structure. That structure is the entrance to D-006.

I'm also going to add your info about the Rocketship Dream being available before you leave the MSI for the second visit to Thorn Fortress. Thank you for posting that. I think it's important that the walkthrough mention everything that must be done to get the 'good' ending, and I know getting all, or some, or most of the dreams is part of that equation.

Did you finish Quest 21?
Last edited by Lady JJ on Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:16 am

I managed to convince Yveen to create a third portal, it seems that LUK was the problem for me before.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions