Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius S____ (2018?)

Re: Laxius S____ (2016?)

Postby bclouds » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Do you have a day job too Indie or do you make enough money to support yourself from the games you create?

I really love Dreamscape the most of all your games, it is very unique and refreshing and all so brilliant too!
Second favourite game has to be Laxius Force 3 as it is totally EPIC and fast paced.
bclouds
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Do you have a day job too Indie or do you make enough money to support yourself from the games you create?

Full indie ever since I started ^^

I really love Dreamscape the most of all your games, it is very unique and refreshing and all so brilliant too!
Second favourite game has to be Laxius Force 3 as it is totally EPIC and fast paced.

I like all of them, really, and both DSC and LF3 are really cool (and LF3 is incredibly epic IMO) but still my fav remain Asguaard and TBOL. I always felt the happiest/most fulfilled about these two.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bclouds » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:22 pm

I kinda liked Asguuard but got a bit bored of its fairies and dwarfs. I do love its music, combat moves and secrets though and it was very good value for money. Did that game ever end, LOL!

I loved the twist of TBOL, I never saw it coming and never seen it happen in a game before.
bclouds
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Yes of course the twist in TBOL is a killer.

Moonchild is another good one. ^^
And my other games have twists too but necessarily the big bad one at the end like TBOL and MC.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Thaumaturgist » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Tomas wrote:
Thaumaturgist wrote:Btw, few weeks ago I wrote an article-review of the first trilogy for a famous local gaming site, I wonder about translating it, since I believe few people got interested by the games from the review. +::Dunno

Could you please post a link to the article? I'm curious to see it.

I dont really see a point in posting it, since its in bulgarian, but, oh well, here it is. And, yes. I know there is a repeating screenshot, someone double posted it +::biggrin

https://nexttv.bg/games/pogled-nazad-laxius-power
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby loof123 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Indinera wrote:Yes of course the twist in TBOL is a killer.

Moonchild is another good one. ^^
And my other games have twists too but necessarily the big bad one at the end like TBOL and MC.

I was actually expecting somebody to betray us in the end with MC, but I always thought it would be Gabriel. :p
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks Thauma! Article is very big lol

@Loof:
Gabriel was always badmouthing everyone xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:I dont really see a point in posting it, since its in bulgarian, but, oh well, here it is. And, yes. I know there is a repeating screenshot, someone double posted it +::biggrin

Thank you. With Google translator, I was able to understand most of it.
Very thorough article and I enjoyed reading it. +::Thumbup
How many LP fans are there in Bulgaria?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Thaumaturgist » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 am

Back in the day, bulgarian fans were quite a lot when the old forum was up, cant say how it is nowadays.
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby krysh » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi there, I was just wondering if we could get some more details about the upcoming Laxius title?

I am a loooong time fan of the games, since 2001 when the first LP got released. I remember I used to translate some articles about Laxius Power 3 from Czech to English for Indy back in the day :)

Every now and then, I remember how amazing time I had with LP titles. Seriously and honestly - these have been one of the best gaming days in my life. And I am a gamer who plays most of AAA titles. Such an impact did those games left on me Indy! :) And that's because there is something amazing about Indy's games. The deep characters, stories, secrets, the overall feel... you can hardly find that in current games.

I still remember my first big fight with the dragon in the maze and getting my first A-maze-ing Rapier haha! Or that shocking moment at SankT Leona's hospital.

Laxius games will always have a special place in my heart :)

Any details about the release please? I'm not sure how much longer I can wait! :))
krysh
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi there, I was just wondering if we could get some more details about the upcoming Laxius title?

Hi, I've got other projects to release first I'm afraid.
It's also difficult to gather the adequate visuals for LS.
The new direction of RPG Maker is resolutely very square-ish and "chiby-style" and it's not the style I'd like for a new Laxius title.

I am a loooong time fan of the games, since 2001 when the first LP got released. I remember I used to translate some articles about Laxius Power 3 from Czech to English for Indy back in the day :)

Awww what was your forum name? (assuming you were registered)

Every now and then, I remember how amazing time I had with LP titles. Seriously and honestly - these have been one of the best gaming days in my life. And I am a gamer who plays most of AAA titles. Such an impact did those games left on me Indy! :) And that's because there is something amazing about Indy's games. The deep characters, stories, secrets, the overall feel... you can hardly find that in current games.

Thank you. ^^

Have you tried Laxius Force 1-3 too?

And maybe you can find it in my other games though? Have you tried The Book of Legends (30+ characters), Asguaard (huge world) or the full Millennium series (about 20 characters in total).

All in all I've made much much more than just LP. +::O_o

I still remember my first big fight with the dragon in the maze and getting my first A-maze-ing Rapier haha! Or that shocking moment at SankT Leona's hospital.

Glad to see there are still fans out there. +::Thumbup +::wizard

Laxius games will always have a special place in my heart :)
Any details about the release please? I'm not sure how much longer I can wait!

Ah you'll have to... I don't want to create LS on the old RM and the new one is not too good for the style I'd like for it... +::Dunno +::Dunno +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Indinera wrote:It's also difficult to gather the adequate visuals for LS.
The new direction of RPG Maker is resolutely very square-ish and "chiby-style" and it's not the style I'd like for a new Laxius title.

Glad to hear that. I kind of got used to that look to some extent, but it would certainly not be "Laxius" enough!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Well IMO all new RMs were a (big) step back from the XP tileset-wise.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:19 pm

What I like about them is that they are more colorful. But other than that, yes, a big step back.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby krysh » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi, I've got other projects to release first I'm afraid.
It's also difficult to gather the adequate visuals for LS.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate the detailed update! I understand you have some direction in mind that you'd like to take with new Laxius title. No rush! I'll keep waiting even if it had to take another 10 years :)

Awww what was your forum name? (assuming you were registered)

My forum name was "specter" but I'm not sure if you'll remember me because there have been other people who were way more active than me. I only remember you sent me a PM directly asking if I could help with translating the review. I was honored!

Thank you. ^^

Have you tried Laxius Force 1-3 too?

And maybe you can find it in my other games though? Have you tried The Book of Legends (30+ characters), Asguaard (huge world) or the full Millennium series (about 20 characters in total).

All in all I've made much much more than just LP. +::O_o

You're welcome :)
I have of course finished LF series as well as 3 Stars of Destiny which I both liked very much. I remember I've tried Millennium and Asguaard few years ago but I also remember it didn't replace the void Laxius titles left in me :)
However, I will definitely have to give other titles another try because it's been a long time since I've played one of your games.

I remember the time you have progressed from being a non-profit developer to making it your actual job as if it was yesterday. I wasn't pleased with you going commercial and starting to charge money for your games. Needless to say I was young and naive and didn't know much about gaming industry and your situation/passion. I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize and to say I am very happy to see you where you are now - a successful game developer! +::Thumbup
krysh
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions