Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Laxius S____ (2018?)

Re: Laxius S____ (2016?)

Postby Indinera » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:But you must have put a lot of work in it already. Would you want to put it all to waste?

Not at all. It's a good story.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Well then ... can't wait to meet the bird girl! +::clap
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby aizen57 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Will LS be released one day?
What would be the adequate material to make it?
We are 1000+ people waiting for this game, it's been so many years.
aizen57
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Will LS be released one day?

Probably, yes.

What would be the adequate material to make it?

Quality graphics. I use a software that comes with graphics to use but since 2006 and the moment I started the Laxius Force series, the quality in terms of tilesets has never been as good again.
Laxius is an "high fantasy" story, it needs graphics to depict it properly.

We are 1000+ people waiting for this game, it's been so many years.

I dunno if it's that many people. :)
I don't particularly see many people asking for it except for the occasional post.

Laxius is a lot of work. More than most games. People nowadays prefer to buy short stuff worth 2 or 3 hours at a smaller price (even if overall they get far less playing time for their dollar). Back in 2008, length and depth had much more appeal, now it's really a race to the bottom, with fewer and fewer people supporting long and complex games. For the dev, making big games is not rewarding at all.
I'm "resisting", still consistently releasing games around the 20-30h mark... but if people prefer to buy at $5 a game worth 2 hours of playtime (and overall they do), what place is left for big games worth 80 hours?
I still want to make it, hence my 1st reply above, but there are also reasons why it's taking a long time.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Indinera wrote:I dunno if it's that many people.
I don't particularly see much people asking for it except for the occasional post.

I also think that there's a lot more people out there who'd love to play LS than the ones who post their wishes here. Frequent forum visitors know that you're not working on it yet, so there's no real use in asking for it all the time. I myself don't, but still it's definitely the game I'm waiting and hoping for the most.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 pm

I do include you in the people manifesting their wish to see it. ;)
Same with Tomas or D-Squall.

But still a far cry from 1000. +::biggrin

Stats are stats, too.
I know what people buy, in my own catalogue of course, but not just limited to it. I also have insider figures from other people.
The fact remains the trend has changed and now what people want is short games at lower price. I dunno, maybe they feel safer if they spend less, even if in all likelihood they'll also get (much) less. This situation has made it difficult to make a game like LS top priority.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Well, you certainly know better about this business than I do, But it's a pity. Yet I understand it's the way everything goes. Things have to be available as quickly as possible, for a low price, even if it's kind of deceiving (because as you said, people actually get less when purchasing a much shorter game).
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:35 pm

I can't commend people for their behavior in general, and this is no exception... +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:43 pm

True!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Totinos » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Indinera wrote:I do include you in the people manifesting their wish to see it. ;)

But still a far cry from 1000. +::biggrin

Stats are stats, too.
I know what people buy, in my own catalogue of course, but not just limited to it. I also have insider figures from other people.
The fact remains the trend has changed and now what people want is short games at lower price. I dunno, maybe they feel safer if they spend less, even if in all likelihood they'll also get (much) less. This situation has made it difficult to make a game like LS top priority.

Are you saying the best thing is to buy the games on this site at full price so you are being compensated for the 100s of hours you put in to making the games? Will that help you get the assets you need and Laxius S can be more of a top priority?

How does Steam work, when someone buys a game there how much % do you get back? Does it hurt when they have 90% off sales and you only get maybe 50 cents a game or is it ok because many people buy?

I found out about a lot of the games on steam but I think I will buy here now since you get 100% of the money. Also I'll try and buy those deluxe extras on steam for the games I already have like Millennium 1-5.
Totinos
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Indinera wrote:Same with Tomas or D-Squall.

Indeed, I want LS badly. +::cry
You did plenty of great games, but Laxius will always be Nr. 1 for me.

And yes, people preferring shorter games is a sad truth. But Random and his friends fear of no-one. So LS will be released one day. +::clap
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Are you saying the best thing is to buy the games on this site at full price so you are being compensated for the 100s of hours you put in to making the games?

The best thing for me is ALWAYS when people buy on Aldorlea lol

Will that help you get the assets you need and Laxius S can be more of a top priority?

If people show interest in the bigger games like LF, The Book of Legends and Asguaard, it totally increases the priority of LS, of course.

How does Steam work, when someone buys a game there how much % do you get back?

The % I get is irrelevant. The real question is, what people buy more: small game at $4 or bigger game at $15. Unfortunately it's the former, even if the "bigger game" is 10x bigger.

Does it hurt when they have 90% off sales and you only get maybe 50 cents a game or is it ok because many people buy?

It has more to do with what people want. It takes a lot of efforts to make a 50+ hours epic and if people prefer 5h short games it makes the efforts look even bigger. We are now in a society of fast everything where (almost) nobody wants to take the time to be involved in something long/deep/complex.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Tomas wrote:
Indinera wrote:Same with Tomas or D-Squall.

Indeed, I want LS badly. +::cry
You did plenty of great games, but Laxius will always be Nr. 1 for me.

And yes, people preferring shorter games is a sad truth. But Random and his friends fear of no-one. So LS will be released one day. +::clap

So far I can affirm I totally want to make it.
But it's fallen a bit behind due to unfavorable circs. +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Indinera wrote:I do include you in the people manifesting their wish to see it.

I also look foward to Laxius S and always will, no matter how much time it is taking to be done. I love the Laxius series and even though I don't play for more than a year now, I still remember with care the story and characters (that includes the Power series) and I wil wait for the S series to come out someday.

I guess I'm one of the few who still likes longer games, even If I have little to play them and may take ages to finish lol I love them, because with larger games you don't have that incomplete feeling when you finish them, some games are so small and when you finish them you ask yourself: "That's it?"
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby briony » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:53 am

D-Squall wrote:
Indinera wrote:I do include you in the people manifesting their wish to see it.

I also look foward to Laxius S and always will, no matter how much time it is taking to be done. I love the Laxius series and even though I don't play for more than a year now, I still remember with care the story and characters (that includes the Power series) and I wil wait for the S series to come out someday.

I guess I'm one of the few who still likes longer games, even If I have little to play them and may take ages to finish lol I love them, because with larger games you don't have that incomplete feeling when you finish them, some games are so small and when you finish them you ask yourself: "That's it?"

I would agree with you there- love the longer games too
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions