Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S NIGHT OF THE STARS IS OUT!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S NIGHT OF THE STARS IS OUT!!!!

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:03 am

Thanks though for this great game!!!

Thanks! +::wizard
15 secret rooms, 21 relics, 21 sidequests, 57 "things" to find, plus some more that don't fall in any of these 3 categories! 8)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:40 am

The Demo game is running very sloooow for me. This is something new for me. It can take up to 15 seconds after I right click to go to the menu if I want to check inventory, save, use equip, whatever - a bit less for other commands or moving between maps. I know we live in a time of almost immediate gratification and we need to exercise more patience and a bit of Zen, but this is ridiculous :(

I have tried to guess on what to shut down to help it. I turned wide screen off, special effects, etc and I'm not sure what else to do to make it run a bit quicker. I did select the brighter light for poorer vision - would that be doing it?

Anyone able to provide any help or suggestions? Indiiiiiii +::surrender +::sos

MerryX

Never mind, Indi...your Update today just fixed it. Woohoo +::YAY - I'm off to buy the game (and probably the guide too as I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!!) ;)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:49 am

I agree with MerryX that loading time is a bit slow. Not as slow for me as it is for MerryX, but I can see the circle moving around a few times before I get to the different things, like when I want to save and equip, and such.

This seems to be a new engine with which the game has been made. Personally, I prefer Unity. It runs fast and smooth. Orfeas is using it, and I have never had waiting issues with games made with Unity.

But I see that a new version has come out, so I will download that one.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:50 am

Valdy wrote:I agree with MerryX that loading time is a bit slow. Not as slow for me as it is for MerryX, but I can see the circle moving around a few times before I get to the different things, like when I want to save and equip, and such.

This seems to be a new engine with which the game has been made. Personally, I prefer Unity. It runs fast and smooth. Orfeas is using it, and I have never had waiting issues with games made with Unity.

But I see that a new version has come out, so I will download that one.

Have you tried the updated demo (available for about 2h only)?

Never mind, talked too soon lol

Also isn't orfeas on rpg maker? +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:01 am

MerryX wrote:Never mind, Indi...your Update today just fixed it. Woohoo +::YAY - I'm off to buy the game (and probably the guide too as I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!!) ;)

Spoke too soon - I've just bought the game and guide, and the file link I get to download is "NOTS-DEMO-V2.exe" - I checked and it is still the Demo version and I can't move on to the Evil Shrine +::cry

Has there been a mix up with the files at BMT Micro as I can't download the FULL version.

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 am

Sorry Indi, yes, Orfeas does use RPG Maker. I must get it mixed up with other devs who are now using Unity.

Anyhoo... I downloaded the new demo, and although it's fast at the beginning of the game, the further I go around the town the more I get delays again. That's even before I get to the first shrine. The twirling ring is moving a couple of times before it has loaded the new section. And after the first fight in the shrine, again it takes a couple of seconds to acknowledge the end of the fight.
I don't want to go through the whole game with delays every time a scene switches.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:46 am

MerryX wrote:
MerryX wrote:Never mind, Indi...your Update today just fixed it. Woohoo +::YAY - I'm off to buy the game (and probably the guide too as I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!!) ;)

Spoke too soon - I've just bought the game and guide, and the file link I get to download is "NOTS-DEMO-V2.exe" - I checked and it is still the Demo version and I can't move on to the Evil Shrine +::cry

Has there been a mix up with the files at BMT Micro as I can't download the FULL version.

MerryX

Sorry, mix up with the files. Please try now.
NOTS-FULL-V2.exe
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:47 am

Valdy wrote:Sorry Indi, yes, Orfeas does use RPG Maker. I must get it mixed up with other devs who are now using Unity.

Anyhoo... I downloaded the new demo, and although it's fast at the beginning of the game, the further I go around the town the more I get delays again. That's even before I get to the first shrine. The twirling ring is moving a couple of times before it has loaded the new section. And after the first fight in the shrine, again it takes a couple of seconds to acknowledge the end of the fight.
I don't want to go through the whole game with delays every time a scene switches.

This version?

https://www.aldorlea.org/Games/NOTS-DEMO.exe

(maybe delete any old one to be on the safe side)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:47 am

Indinera wrote:Sorry, mix up with the files. Please try now.
NOTS-FULL-V2.exe

Thanks so much, Indi +::kiss +::Thumbup All good and ready to roll tomorrow +::Dance

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:07 am

MerryX wrote:
Indinera wrote:Sorry, mix up with the files. Please try now.
NOTS-FULL-V2.exe

Thanks so much, Indi +::kiss +::Thumbup All good and ready to roll tomorrow +::Dance

MerryX

Hopefully, crossing fingers
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 am

Are you sure it was the latest version Valdy? I've heard good things about the update so far.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Shotz! » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Hello,

I have tried to download the demo a few times now, from the new link provided, and am still getting the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" message and can't start the game. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:11 pm

Shotz! wrote:Hello,

I have tried to download the demo a few times now, from the new link provided, and am still getting the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" message and can't start the game. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Are you sure it's downloading properly? This sounds like an incomplete installation. Have you got smth like an anti virus running in the background?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Shotz! » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Indinera wrote:
Shotz! wrote:Hello,

Are you sure it's downloading properly? This sounds like an incomplete installation. Have you got smth like an anti virus running in the background?

I turned it off after the first time. I had this happen with another game a while ago, and someone posted a fix, but I don't remember what it was. LoL I've been searching but can't remember which game.
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:20 pm

This maybe?

https://ibb.co/KWh9y44

With the file looking like this?

https://m.imgur.com/a/ELBSdcz
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Stars - Help and Questions