Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Where is the cat?

Where is the cat?

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:59 am

I wanted to fight Lexus but when looking at the guide, I found out I needed to find a cat. I went to the spot near the pounds, nothing. I tried to play from the beginning... i even try to find a cat in Faust, near the church, exiting the holy shrine, no cat near the church either.
Everybody here has succeed this moment, but I can't by myself.
Explicit help is needed, please... +::Dunno
Gorilla4
Bard

Re: Where is the cat?

Postby D-Squall » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:57 pm

IIRC The cat can be spotted once before going to the Holy Shrine, he's at the entrance of the town to the right. Lucius (?) will scare him away. Once you complete the Holy Shrine and return to Faust with Piper, you can find the cat at the same spot and hand him to Sarah (the girl who is obssessed with the hero), then check on Sarah again after a while and the cat will vanish from her house. You can spot the cat in a few spots in town before leaving for Evil Shrine, but I think that's not necessary to make her join later. Now I don't remember exactly where the cat be found in Evil Shrine, if it is in the same screen where you put the orbs or inside some secret room... try checking on those.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:07 pm

D-Squall wrote:You can spot the cat in a few spots in town before leaving for Evil Shrine, but I think that's not necessary to make her join later. Now I don't remember exactly where the cat be found in Evil Shrine, if it is in the same screen where you put the orbs or inside some secret room... try checking on those.

@Gorilla4
There are soooooo many time sensitive quests in this game that I think it is virtually impossible to complete all of them. Just doing some tasks out of the intended order will sometimes lock you out of another task.

That black cat is everywhere and I agree with @D-Squall that you can probably wait until the Evil Shrine to get the cat without "requiring" previous encounters. My old notes say the cat can be found on the way to finding the first orb near the area where the orb pillars can be found. Again, my notes say to get the cat and 1st orb in the right side of the Evil Shrine near the entrance and next to a chest with a Herbafolium. There is a Darkling (?) on a nearby wall, an Opaline Pearl on a chair and another chest too. There is a "secret" path to the north to cross the stones after finding the cat that will get you to the 1st orb.

I have a note to save often in this Shrine.

I hope any of this is helpful. This is one extremely difficult game but well worth the effort.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:34 pm

Thank you guys for your help. I didn't play with the guide so I think that is why I am in this mess (and didn't explore much Faust). I took a save from when I first entered in the evil shrine and I follow the guide and went to the pound near the secret path. There was no cat. I entered the secret room and no cat in it too.

I had a save spot from much later. The first time I was conscient about that cat, was when I fought the fiend king, near a door in the unlocked part. It was saying that the cat ran away because he was scared.

Do you have to find that cat again?

Lexus doesn't want to fight over and over. I can't progress.
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:10 pm

And why exactly Lexus doesn't want to fight me and vanished as I approach her?
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:32 pm

Ok, thanks to you all. I finally found the cat!!! I missed her from the beginning. She was standing at the entry of the village. You had to trigger a scene with her and she would appear in the evil shrine.
Because of her, Lexus finally decide to fight.

I am glad it was not some kind of bug, and glad of this beautiful short story +::heart
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:57 pm

Gorilla4 wrote:Ok, thanks to you all. I finally found the cat!!! I missed her from the beginning. She was standing at the entry of the village. You had to trigger a scene with her and she would appear in the evil shrine.
Because of her, Lexus finally decide to fight.

Glad to hear about your success. My notes say to check those shrubs on the right side just before the village entrance for anyone else who might be looking for that cat in the future. There are so many event triggers in this game that I'm not surprised that first encounter triggered the Evil Shrine appearance.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:51 pm

As I always find Salem in all my playthroughs, I had no idea that Lexus wouldn't want to fight if she wasn't with me. But it makes sense since Salem's the one who convices Lexus to give the hero a chance. Happy to know that you managed to find her.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Gorilla4 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:49 pm

+::Dance
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby bgillisp » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:24 am

I'm stuck on this cat too. I got to the goddess, and on the way the cat ran off after a battle. I've checked secret rooms 3 4 and 5 here (those are the ones I've found so far there), no cat. There is a cat still with Sarah, all it does is look puzzled when I talk to it.

What do I have to do to get the cat so I can progress?
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Rabbit » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:41 pm

It sounds like you're fine. The cat is not supposed to be in your party when you first talk to Lexus. If you've been kind to the cat from the beginning, she will appear in a cutscene when needed...
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby bgillisp » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:53 pm

Actually the cat didn't. I spoke to her over and over nothing happened. I finally found it hiding in the shadows on floor 1 of the dungeon.

Spoiler: show
Its right by the secret room too, but as dark as that dungeon is and it being on the other side of a poison tile I never saw it as only its paw barely glanced the light radius.

I do think there is something off on that event though as the cat never left Sarah, I got no prompt it was gone ever. All that happened was I talked to the cat, it now lived with Sarah. Then I fought a boss and the cat ran off from the party (but was never IN my party to begin with, so that was odd), and Lexus refused to ever talk to me. I could spam it over and over, nothing. I even went back to town and the cat was still with Sarah, nothing was happening.

I finally then found it on floor 1, it ran to secret room 3 I found it there, then talked to Lexus and the game progressed. Though I am confused as how did the cat get here if it never left Sarah and there was no scene for it?
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Is it still with Sarah when it's with you in your party?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby bgillisp » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:09 pm

Didn't check that point as I still need to leave the shrine now. What I'm wondering more on though is how was the cat in the shrine in the first place if it was with Sarah and had never left her? And how did the cat flee if it was never in my party? That's what I was wondering about and think might be a little bugged.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:21 pm

The cat doesn't stay with Sarah. The cat does whatever it wants.
There is a bug for sure if the cat is in your party AND with Sarah at the same time, though.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Night of the Stars - Help and Questions