Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S WHEN THE LIGHT DIES IS OUT!!!

Postby jas » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:06 pm

Yes, I have tried 3 - 5 times.
jas
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:11 pm

jas wrote:Yes, I have tried 3 - 5 times.

Send your savefile to Kes:
gemellegames@gmail.com
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:21 pm

@Darkange
I thought you were saying that only the number of Points required weren't showing, not that you couldn't see the descriptions at all.
If using mouse, hover over the box.
If using arrows/keyboard, move the cursor to the box you're interested in and press Shift.
This info is included in the tutorial scroll about skills if ever you want to check it out again while playing.

I have now tracked down what is happening at the waterfall. Obscure, to say the least, but fortunately not a difficult fix.
Kes
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Taking my time, exploring thoroughly, and look what I got!

So pleased with myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I'll give myself a short break and then go in on either Hard or Legendary, I've not decided which yet.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:06 pm

littlebro wrote:Taking my time, exploring thoroughly, and look what I got!

So pleased with myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I'll give myself a short break and then go in on either Hard or Legendary, I've not decided which yet.

Legend directly .... go hardcore, I believe in you my littlebro +::Dance +::Dance
How many hours did you get at the end for a normal mode playthrough ?
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:15 pm

So pleased with myself.

So awesome!! I'm assuming you found that second safety deposit box? And did you get all 1900 experience points too? I think the experience points are the hardest since there's really no indication what might contain them? A pot? A bush? Anyway, 600 is seriously awesome! Congratulations. +::clap
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:36 pm

Kes wrote:I have now tracked down what is happening at the waterfall. Obscure, to say the least, but fortunately not a difficult fix.

Did you liked how the water was falling top to bottom on the rock continously ? Spooky mysterious thing +::biggrin
So I assume there isn't any item or something happening under the waterfall when you click on it, right ?
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:22 pm

So pleased with myself.

No doubt Kes will be amazed.
Even the Master (ahem, me +::biggrin) couldn't afford such prowess (pt).
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:49 pm

also stuck at mayors house - I sent Kes an email with the save file
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:38 pm

Lady JJ wrote:So awesome!! I'm assuming you found that second safety deposit box? And did you get all 1900 experience points too? I think the experience points are the hardest since there's really no indication what might contain them? A pot? A bush? Anyway, 600 is seriously awesome! Congratulations. +::clap

Yes, the second safety deposit box is in a cellar.
Got all the EXP. I found tons in the catecombs, mostly on the shelves iirc, though, as Rick points out, there's no point searching empty shelves. I don't think I ever found any in a bush. Certainly some were in pots, crates or pieces of furniture, and then there were the baskets as well.

darkange wrote:Legend directly .... go hardcore, I believe in you my littlebro +::Dance +::Dance
How many hours did you get at the end for a normal mode playthrough ?

I think I may, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to download the latest version.
The time showing on my last save file is 10hr 16 min, but that's before the final boss battle, and then there are some scenes to wrap things up, so total time is more than that.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Rabbit » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:00 pm

I've finished too. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, there are some really funny bits in there. Final score only 575, because I missed a few little exp pots somewhere. Going back to try again...

I found lots of little bugs though, some of which may already be mentioned in this topic.
Twilight scroll - tried to use it on Henry, but the scroll disappeared and he didn't get the skill.
Kerith Town - you can get infinite Field Aids by repeatedly checking the pot just below the west exit.
Delverton Forest NE - you can get infinite Mystic Shields by repeatedly checking the skeleton.
Anna's kill reward - after Anna gets 200 kills (actually 203 kills, but whatever), we get a Gromore Potion after EVERY battle!!! (I grinded this out on imps in my second play, just to see what the reward was. I guess everyone will be lvl 99 at the final boss...)
Graphics option in the main menu - when I go here, and press escape to get back out without changing anything, the game crashes. (Script 'Khas Ultra Lighting' line 556: Errno: EACCES occcurred. Permission denied - Graphics Settings.cfg) I didn't actually want to change anything in there, just clicked it by accident, but it was a bit annoying to suddenly lose progress because of a misclick.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Rabbit wrote:I've finished too. I thoroughly enjoyed the story, there are some really funny bits in there. Final score only 575, because I missed a few little exp pots somewhere. Going back to try again...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. You might like to wait until tomorrow and get the fresh download which fixes the bugs you mentioned, except the Khas one which is highly random and which I haven't been able to replicate. As far as I could work out, this must be something to do with the individual computer, because a player sent me a save file with this problem, but on my laptop (mid range, getting old) it was flawless. I could go in and out of that option without any difficulty. Trying to remove it from the Menu at this stage is not possible, otherwise I would.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:31 pm

darkange wrote:So I assume there isn't any item or something happening under the waterfall when you click on it, right ?

That's right, no item, dialogue or anything, just a bit of waterfall with a mind of its own.

That's what I call impressive exploring skills. So easy to overlook something. Congrats.
Kes
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Sun May 01, 2022 3:46 pm

@darkange

I've gone for Legendary, but I'm not sure I shall have much time this week to play.
I noted your post about that first boss. I, ofc, could benefit from having played through once already, so I could go in with a bit more strategy than if I'd gone in blind. I was able to defeat it in one attempt.

I used Vigor Leaves on everyone before the battle, giving them an AGI boost, so I could get more actions in before the enemies. I'd also given Henry's healing skill an upgrade so it was more useful. Energy Flow and All-Rounder to give some protection. I decided to get rid of the minions first, especially the healing wisp, with Sebastian using Sliver to inflict bleeding on the boss, so chipping away at its HP while I was dealing with the others. It required some frantic healing at times and Anna, being an utter wimp, got knocked out at one stage but I was able to get her back on her feet. She was the main potion person. Definitely a scrabble, but I was pleased that I'd done it.

How does this compare with your strategy?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 pm

@littlebro it's not a problem for me if others do it in one go - I don't mind losing to a boss a couple of times before beating it for good - it's like taking breakfast lol ...
Also I sometimes restart before the battle is finished if Bella dies(because I don't want her to lose the MAT) or if 3 members died and I don't really have anything to revive them with or I just feel that it's worth restarting ... so I just click alt + F4 ... then I reenter the game and then I reload and restart battle - that's my secret strategy +::biggrin +::biggrin

1.) I didn't used the agi boost on anybody at that boss with the wisps and I haven't used the prowess points because I wanted to accumulate them ... I didn't know the skills have a description boxes so I was going in blind...

2.) At first I wanted to knock out the healing wisp too but then I realized he only heals the boss so I left the boss with full hp and killed the other wisps first ... then the healing wisp and then the boss using a similar strategy to yours with the bleeding + energy flow +all rounder ... pretty much Anna and the valet were the healers and sustainers.
There will be harder bosses after this one, but it's doable +::Thumbup ... haven't finished the game yet though.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions