Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Don't be afraid to post here too ^^

Don't be afraid to post here too ^^

Postby Indinera » Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 pm

I mean, in the game's dedicated forum. ;)

Kes and I will try to reply as well! +::wizard +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Don't be afraid to post here too ^^

Postby darkange » Tue May 03, 2022 12:18 pm

mkay ... the music from solvar battle is ultra epic +::wizard
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue May 03, 2022 12:38 pm

darkange wrote:mkay ... the music from solvar battle is ultra epic +::wizard

Many tunes of this game are +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kes » Tue May 03, 2022 2:19 pm

darkange wrote:mkay ... the music from solvar battle is ultra epic +::wizard

I did strongly consider using that as the game's theme music, but as most people click through to loading their save file as rapidly as possible, only a few seconds would ever be heard. I thought it was too good not to be heard at more length, and thought it made a great battle theme.
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Tue May 03, 2022 8:50 pm

yes ... it's better that way - solvar, winfyr and the final boss were my favourite battles ...
I finished with the record of 18 and a half hours ... close to double the time advertised lolo

Got an exploration score of 575 - missed one experience pouch and got all secret rooms and all other stuff ... Rick killed most enemies as expected , followed closely by Bella then Sebastian.
Overall it was great and it has some things developed better than your past games Kes, but I think A timely intervention is still on the first place for me(that game resonated with me the most), followed closely by A tale of a common man and Shadows and Lies ...
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Wed May 04, 2022 8:24 am

darkange wrote:
Overall it was great and it has some things developed better than your past games Kes, but I think A timely intervention is still on the first place for me(that game resonated with me the most), followed closely by A tale of a common man and Shadows and Lies ...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know people have different preferences for which of my games they like the most. Indy almost always says Tale of a Common Man because of the story, and I can see why it's a favourite for a lot of people. But it's nice to see A Timely Intervention get the vote for once. I think there's more to it than a casual glance suggests.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed May 04, 2022 8:37 am

Kes wrote:
darkange wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I know people have different preferences for which of my games they like the most. Indy almost always says Tale of a Common Man because of the story, and I can see why it's a favourite for a lot of people. But it's nice to see A Timely Intervention get the vote for once. I think there's more to it than a casual glance suggests.

I also like Undefeated. The army aspect is very well done and I'm a sucker for that kind of story.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Wed May 04, 2022 10:45 am

Kes wrote: But it's nice to see A Timely Intervention get the vote for once. I think there's more to it than a casual glance suggests.

First of all the game is way bigger than the rest ... 30 + hours as advertised when you buy it ... second I always like the time travel concept ...
3.) My favourite moment is with Jallund at the end when he realizes that people still want to help him when he is a vegetable - I found that moment very emotional for me for some reason and it beats all other moments.

But there is one thing that you should definitely keep for your future games - the progressive battle system where everybody attacks one at a time - that makes more sense.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Wed May 04, 2022 9:27 pm

darkange wrote:
First of all the game is way bigger than the rest ... 30 + hours as advertised when you buy it ... second I always like the time travel concept ...
3.) My favourite moment is with Jallund at the end when he realizes that people still want to help him when he is a vegetable - I found that moment very emotional for me for some reason and it beats all other moments.

One of the things I liked playing around with was 'modern' language - how it's so easy to use a word that is common for us, but quite out of place in that setting. Also coming up with a 'scientific' explanation of what magic is. And you're right about that moment at the end, it potentially hits at a number of different levels.

darkange wrote:But there is one thing that you should definitely keep for your future games - the progressive battle system where everybody attacks one at a time - that makes more sense.

I intend to, it's my favourite battle system. One of the reasons for this game taking so long to develop was the amount of time, effort and frustration forcing the engine I've been using to do this when it was never designed to. I shall have to change engines if I want to use this type of system again.
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Thu May 05, 2022 10:22 am

Kes wrote:
I intend to, it's my favourite battle system. One of the reasons for this game taking so long to develop was the amount of time, effort and frustration forcing the engine I've been using to do this when it was never designed to. I shall have to change engines if I want to use this type of system again.

Changing engine means a new rpg maker ?
If that's the case... don't use the one from "night of the stars " ... that one kills me with the graphics +::cry
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Thu May 05, 2022 7:33 pm

darkange wrote:Changing engine means a new rpg maker ?
If that's the case... don't use the one from "night of the stars " ... that one kills me with the graphics +::cry

That could mean lots of things e.g. you didn't like the style of the tiles or the sprites, or the graphics kept glitching, or the lighting effects kept lagging or maybe something else.
Could you say a little more of what you mean?
Kes
Explorer

Postby darkange » Thu May 05, 2022 9:14 pm

Okay... it was too flashy for me : didn't like the lightning effects and the battle animations mainly - too many special effects
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kes » Fri May 06, 2022 6:07 am

darkange wrote:Okay... it was too flashy for me : didn't like the lightning effects and the battle animations mainly - too many special effects

I think my overall visual style will remain much as it is now, not becoming static but continuing the slow evolution that's been part of each game. That will, though, involve a lot of work creating graphics, as there is very, very little for the latest engine that isn't in the main style.
Kes
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 am

darkange wrote:Okay... it was too flashy for me : didn't like the lightning effects and the battle animations mainly - too many special effects

Poor NOTS! +::cry

I agree it was a bit different from even MY style too, but I wanted to try and make a competent game with the available resources. Given what I had set out to do, I think it was successful.

Also do you mean the lightNING or lightING effects? I personally thought they added quite a lot to the atmosphere.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Fri May 06, 2022 12:10 pm

Indinera wrote:Also do you mean the lightNING or lightING effects? I personally thought they added quite a lot to the atmosphere.

I added a N letter because I am such a generous soul with my letters +::heart ... it was the lightING
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions