Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

When the Light Dies - Player's Memories

When the Light Dies - Player's Memories

Postby Indinera » Thu May 19, 2022 9:04 am

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this funny questionary about When the Light Dies!

https://aldorlea.org/whenthelightdies.php

So your feedback also lives forever!!!! (hopefully +::biggrin )
Just copy the questions and answer below them! :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Since the questionary is big, to avoid any stupid loss due to internet connections stopping (I've been there lol), maybe copy it in a word document and save it before sending.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Your opinion about Rick?
Your opinion about Anna?
Your opinion about Sebastian?
Your opinion about Henry?
Your opinion about Bella?
Who is the strongest character, and why? And the weakest?
Your opinion about the story?
Your opinion about the graphics and sounds?
Your opinion about the gameplay?
What was your favorite moment and why?
How does this game compare to past Gemelle games (Undefeated, The Tale of a Common Man, A Timely Intervention, Shadows & Lies)?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: When the Light Dies - Player's Memories

Postby darkange » Sun May 22, 2022 9:29 pm

Your opinion about Rick?
Cool guy ... I liked the creativity in his lines every time he told the team to not wander around in different lines of dialogues ... but at some point I really wanted to explore the map and do more side quests or stuff like that - I wanted to boss the bossy Rick lol ... best enemies - killed the most enemies with him ... I kept the prowess points and learned his last skill first to overkill an enemy for my own personal pleasure.

Your opinion about Anna?
Typical girl who wants to show others she is an independent tough woman, never liked those - didn't impress me much but I felt sorry for her because of the unintentional dagger. Her last skill was also great - landed stuns even at bosses despite saying it doesnt work on them.

The most decent and likeable character - He was a great fighter in the end and I really liked his personality. I think it was intentional to make him look like he is "just an idiot" in the beginning only to end up the most morally correct character from the entire party.... the irony on that +::biggrin

Really pretentious bastard, with very bad character traits - lucky for him he was the only healer in the party.... but I still didn't like him. Wise decision from me to rename him in the beginning.

I still have mixed opinions about her - I didn't really knew if she was evil or not until the end of the game - she was mysterious and too knowledgeable.

For fighting : the strongest - Rick - obvious reasons... weakest ? The bastard valet :razz:
For personality : the strongest - Sebastian - his evolution from ignorant to strong role male model was great....

The story kept me interested because anything could have happened at the end ... I also like the maturity of the dialogues that are characteristic to games made by Kes - you can just recognize his signature move in the story.

Great soundtrack, great graphics, cut scenes improved, everything was smooth. Like somebody else said on the forum - the horse carts moving on the map was a nice little thing to watch.

I like the new turn based battle systems and as usual the max difficulty is right up my alley.

Seeing how Sebastian evolves and changes - I have a soft spot for character evolution that seems real and not forced.

How does this game compare to past Gemelle games (Undefeated, The Tale of a Common Man, A Timely Intervention, Shadows & Lies)?
As I mentioned on the forum - my number one remains a Timely intervention then the tale of a common man then Shadows & lies then this one ...
I put it last because it's kind of short and very few side quests compared to the other ones.... but overall they are all great.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Re: When the Light Dies - Player's Memories

Postby D-Squall » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:55 pm

Your opinion about Rick?

A cool and determined mercenary with a strong resolve, to finish his comissions no matter what. He was always serious and always focused on what was important. I like that even though Anna was a part of his comssion, he was determined in helping her get rid of her cursed knife, which tells a lot of how loyal he is, since it was indirectly his fault as well that Anna ended up cursed. And it was cool to see him throwing his mace to break the crystal that finally freed Anna from her curse.

Your opinion about Anna?

Strong and indenpendent woman who was always angry at something, which she had reasons to be. She just wanted to move somewhere else to find a job, ended up being sidetracked from her journey because of others and ended up picking a cursed knife that was draining her life away. Survival was all that mattered to her and she wasn't wrong, it was her life that was at risk so she had to hurry to find a way to save herself.

At first, I thought he was like Professor Lockhart from Harry Potter series, someone who is actually a coward but pretends to be the most corageous and bravest of all men, but he wasn't like that. While he had a fame of an idiot, he proved not only the player, but all around him that they were wrong. He did everything for his beloved without thinking of the dangers that he might endure. A nice character.

Pitful. He was the only one who I disliked, all thanks to his elitist attitude and his constant thoughts where he degraded the party. A coward that was never brave enough to say he thought of anyone here aloud, especially what he thinks of Anna.

Too mysterious to actually make an impression, one could think she was plotting something against the party but in the end that didn't happened. What I like about her is that she was always confindent in her skills.

Strongest: Rick. Even his normal attacks dealt decent damages to enemies and his skills always took out almost 1/3 or half of the enemy's HP.
Weakest: Henry, but he compensated with his healing spells.

When I saw the game's name I thought of some evil creature trying to take out the light of the world lol. But after playing an hour of the game, you do realise it was a cursed knife that was draining the life of one of your companions. The mystery what could happen was enough to make me keep playing to find out if they were going to succeed or not. And I was relieved they did, because if you played past Aldorlea Games, you're well aware that anything could happen at the end. lol

Graphics and musics in Kes games are great as always. Some things that might come out as minor stuff and may go unnoticed to a few, it actually enhances the experience to me. Like when a NPC is sitting and you talk to them and they just turn your face to you instead of facing you as a whole, those two ladies walking together on a town and that little girl who was playing skipping rope. All these little things brings life to the world of the game.

It could be better. I like the Skill Tree, it was a nice addition, but the game's lenght didn't helped exploring the full potential of it. First of all, if you don't skip battles and keep using your skills to earn points, you'll have enough Prowess Points to master all skills of the tree. But you learn the last few ones towards the end of the game, which leaves you with little room to try all those recent mastered skills because the game is about to end.

That moment at the INN where everyone finds out that it was Henry who started all this mess, by hiring a mercenary to make Anna out of the way, which led to making Rick involved in same mess as well. It was a fun scene with funny dialogues at the middle.

Tale of a Common Man and Undefeated are still my favorites, but this one comes at last because of its length. The game was too small and I couldn't enjoy it like the others and I felt like I didn't had the chance explore the game's features fully. If I had to rank all Gemelle Games so far, it would be:
1. Tale of a Common Man
2. Undefeated
3. Shadows and Lies
4. A Timely Intervention
5. When the Light Dies
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Return to When the Light Dies - Help and Questions