Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

ALDORLEA'S ODESSA IS OUT!!!!!!!

Re: ALDORLEA'S ODESSA IS OUT!!!!!!!

Postby crawfors » Sat May 28, 2022 8:22 pm

i strongly agree with indy here

it's a weird player pet peeve to be upset you can't get into every single house LOL

in your defense though- i've encountered other players that it drove them nuts and I just didn't understand their perspective.

like bro, why you so nosey? you need in every house?
you don't live there

lmao

don't let it detract from an actual good game
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

I did it back then in 2001, too, and other games have done it too (including pro ones). I can understand preferring the alternative np but I wouldn't call that a game-breaker (no pun intended lol)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 28, 2022 9:35 pm

I've played several games where the buildings were not 'enterable.' It doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. The only thing I would object to would be inconsistency, that, lo and behold, there was a building in that third town that you actually could enter, but because you never even tried, you lost out on that ultra defense-breaking sword. Otherwise, yeah, it's really kind of funny that rpg's encourage even good heroes to steal the residents blind in their own homes. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sat May 28, 2022 11:25 pm

Just finished demo...can't buy til Tuesday so I'm on the edge of my seat. A little hard to see but I managed. The cut scenes are great feeding into the story line. It's nice to see something completely different from the norm. Very impressed so far as far as going into houses getting used to not being able to loot houses lately. But not being able to leave town to go back to earn more gold in area before entering the last town on demo kind of bugged me because I bought weapons first...gotta have good weapons and ended up selling supplies +::Annoyed Can't wait to buy asap! Thanks for a really good game that looks re-playable many times down the road! +::Thumbup

Oh, I forgot when I first started demo got the loading circle sign and didn't load, took third try of closing and re-starting but it started fine no problems on 3rd time. No exit except for F4 and close, no dash...those did bug me a little.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby kimo » Sun May 29, 2022 12:32 am

Lady JJ wrote:I've played several games where the buildings were not 'enterable.' It doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. The only thing I would object to would be inconsistency, that, lo and behold, there was a building in that third town that you actually could enter, but because you never even tried, you lost out on that ultra defense-breaking sword. Otherwise, yeah, it's really kind of funny that rpg's encourage even good heroes to steal the residents blind in their own homes. :)

I have always thought it's strange that a Paladin character can steal from villagers without remorse or even a question like "Are you sure?" But it is equally "strange" that everyone greets you at their door. Shopkeepers in RL don't sell stuff from their doorway and "window shopping/browsing the shelves" is a way of life for many people.

ZuluKat wrote:Oh, I forgot when I first started demo got the loading circle sign and didn't load, took third try of closing and re-starting but it started fine no problems on 3rd time. No exit except for F4 and close, no dash...those did bug me a little.

I mentioned the same thing in another post. I opened Window's "Task Manager" with <Ctrl><Alt><Del> and found multiple instances of NW.js were running as if they had not properly terminated when the game was previously closed. I just selected the program and "Stopped" it. A PITA, but that's the worst thing I have found so far.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Tomas » Sun May 29, 2022 8:10 am

Indinera wrote:As this was made with the same engine as Night of the Stars, I can only ask: did you experience the same thing with the aforementioned game?

Night of the Stars behaves the same, but it has an option for "Full Screen" in menu. Unless I am not missing something, there is no such thing in ODESSA.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun May 29, 2022 8:25 am

Tomas wrote:
Indinera wrote:As this was made with the same engine as Night of the Stars, I can only ask: did you experience the same thing with the aforementioned game?

Night of the Stars behaves the same, but it has an option for "Full Screen" in menu. Unless I am not missing something, there is no such thing in ODESSA.

Then... There's probably a way to add it, I'll look into it +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon May 30, 2022 7:37 am

@Tomas:
Full version updated now featuring the "full screen" option like in NOTS +::wizard 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon May 30, 2022 7:39 am

Great!
Thank you, Indi. I am downloading the new version right now.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon May 30, 2022 7:57 am

Awesome, please let me know if all is OK with it +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 am

The Full Screen mode seems to works fine now. +::Thumbup
Thank you.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon May 30, 2022 11:12 am

You're welcome, happy to hear, and have fun! +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Tue May 31, 2022 6:40 am

darkange wrote:you can't enter houses and you can talk to people only from outside .... pff ... I rest my case... rpg maker mz is still the worse one ever invented- apart from better graphics, they literally removed almost everything that was good in the previous rpg maker software ... why on earth would they remove getting into houses is beyond me ... or this is happening only for this game ?

There was another game here by another developer, where you couldn't enter the houses, and where you could only talk/buy from the person standing outside the house. I didn't buy that game because it felt only half-finished because of that.

Personally, I love going into houses, looking around, finding chests and basements, etc. I don't mind some houses being locked, but not being able to enter any house is a no-no for me.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue May 31, 2022 9:27 am

What you "lose" in small houses, you get back in dungeons. There's a lot of exploration, secret rooms, cute animals to interact with - and visible enemies, with a new innovative "radar" system! +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:10 am

Thanks for the new download update.
ZuluKat
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Odessa - Help and Questions