Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knightess

Re: New RPG: Knightess

Postby Crow » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:31 pm

Thanks for your input, I will improve on that.

I'm happy to know you are enjoying it!
Crow
Peasant

Re: Knightess

Postby Koni » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:18 pm

How do I survive Long Shore Beach?
I don't have enough money to buy a lot of restorative medicines and with only two warriors, I have no healing.
These monsters are STRONG.
Koni
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Hi Crow,

I have bought the full game following the demo - it looks like a great game so far and I'm really enjoying it. I've run into a snag as it won't let me progress beyond the demo even though I have the Full version. I've tried downloading again, uninstalling and re-downloading and still no luck. I can't move on to Long Shore Beach +::cry

I will email BMT and see if they can help me because clearly others have been able to go further. I am a bit reluctant to re-start the whole game at this point.

Do you have any thoughts?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Koni » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:45 pm

[quote]Postby Koni » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:18 pm

How do I survive Long Shore Beach?
I don't have enough money to buy a lot of restorative medicines and with only two warriors, I have no healing.
These monsters are STRONG./quote]

If you won't help me pass this level, can I please have a refund?

This game is not fun to me now.
Koni
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:25 am

Hi Crow,

HELP +::sos

I am still unable to move on past the Demo - I received an email from Aldorlea Games recommending copying my saves folder from the demo and paste it into the saves folder of the full game.

Unfortunately, all saved demo files are already in the full version and it still says it’s the “end of the demo and to purchase the full version”. I even went back to a previous save but it didn’t work.

I sent the saved file folder to Aldorlea Games in the hope there may be some magic that could be done because I’m fresh out of ideas.

I would so disappointed to not be able to continue your game +::cry

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Crow » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:54 am

Koni wrote:How do I survive Long Shore Beach?
These monsters are STRONG.

If you are having trouble with the enemies, try avoiding and exiting the dungeon to the northwest. Once you exit, head to the village to the north, there you will have access to new items and an Inn. You can return to Long Shore later.
Crow
Peasant

Postby Crow » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:57 am

MerryX wrote:Hi Crow,

HELP +::sos

I am still unable to move on past the Demo - I received an email from Aldorlea Games recommending copying my saves folder from the demo and paste it into the saves folder of the full game.

Unfortunately, all saved demo files are already in the full version and it still says it’s the “end of the demo and to purchase the full version”. I even went back to a previous save but it didn’t work.

I sent the saved file folder to Aldorlea Games in the hope there may be some magic that could be done because I’m fresh out of ideas.

I would so disappointed to not be able to continue your game +::cry

MerryX

MerryX, sorry for the late reply.

I am looking into this right now and I will get back to you with a reply shortly.
Crow
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 pm

Crow wrote:
MerryX, sorry for the late reply.

I am looking into this right now and I will get back to you with a reply shortly.

Thank you very much, Crow - the new save point you sent has helped me move on. I am very excited +::YAY

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Crow,

Update - Still moving along although I would have to agree with Bobcat and Koni earlier about the battles being very hard. I don't mind a bit of struggle but it feels like the "ordinary" fights are even harder than the bosses +::O_o Without a healer in the party, I am spending a lot of time trudging back to Dad's place to heal - at least that's free ;) - usually dragging either a half-dead or fully dead character!! Buying healing items is expensive when taking into account the rate money accumulates is relatively low. So this aspect of the game feels a bit unbalanced - either need Grace back or another healer, or take down the difficulty a notch or increase the rate of money drops could help a lot in future.

On the other hand, it would be a perfect set up battle-wise for the gamers here who love to play hard in extreme mode +::biggrin

All the other parts of the game I am really enjoying - the strong and different characters, the wonderful story line, the incredibly beautiful hand-drawn graphics, etc. The game play is very smooth with no major issues. I am about 6 hours in with characters up to levels 10-11 so still early days...

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:28 pm

Hi Crow,

Not sure if you're keeping an eye on this forum but here's another update.

Currently I'm up to 15.5 hours into the game and have Anastasia (Level 34), Lozen (Level 34), and Grace (Level 33). I'm up to the Three Towers but have needed to backtrack for more supplies.

The battles had balanced out more for a while as the characters got stronger and better gear but now are starting to increase in difficulty so I'm not sure if I am using the right tactics - Anastasia (Combat Stance, Battle Chant and Battle Barrier); Lozen (Heavy Slash, Body and Power Crush, and Sword Madness); and Grace (Ironhide, Regeneration Field, Healing Rain and Restore). Those dragon looking things are incredibly tough and I still haven't found their weakness +::surrender And don't get me started on the damn Golems +::O_o

One issue is in the Dead Man's Field, I can't go down the stairs to get to the treasure chest. I have an idea that may be the one with significant gold which I'll need if I'm to keep supplied with healing and mana potions. If you get a chance, I'd be grateful if you could have a look?

Despite the tough battles, I am enjoying the game a lot +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Crow » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:05 pm

I'm here, MerryX.

Thank you for your kind comments about the game, I'm really happy to know you are enjoying it, specially the compliments on the storyline, that always makes my day.

As for the enemies in the Three Towers, they are all weak against Holy element. Use Anastasia's Holy Blessing on your attackers. As for Lozen, use her Warrior's Aura and then use her Heavy Slash. The Warrior's Aura skills doubles her attack power, that coupled with the Holy Blessing will deal GREAT damage to your enemies.

As for the stairs on Dead Man's Road, that has been fixed already. Can you try downloading the full build again and giving it a try?

Let me know how it goes and if I can help you with anything further.

Thank you very much for your time!
Crow
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:06 pm

Ahha, I knew I was missing something!! Thanks, Crow. I will go back and try out those battle tactics.

As for the stairs on Dead Man's Field, my download time is expired so I'll get onto BMT Micro for a new code. They respond very quickly so hopefully I'll be underway again shortly +::YAY

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:38 pm

Crow wrote:As for the stairs on Dead Man's Road, that has been fixed already. Can you try downloading the full build again and giving it a try?

Hi Crow,

Okay, I have the new password and download but I still can't get to the chest. I can reach the bottom of the stairs but still can't walk over the grass!

I hope I'm downloading it okay as I just save it to where the installer suggests - which is where the "old" version is. Should I save it somewhere else altogether?

Any suggestions?...

MerryX

Hang on...I saved it somewhere else and it WORKED!!! +::YAY
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Crow » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:04 pm

Glad to know it worked!

Did that battle strategy helped you?
Crow
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:16 am

Crow wrote:Glad to know it worked!

Did that battle strategy helped you?

Hi Crow,

Yes, it did - thank you!!

I have now finished the game and I do highly recommend it. Although it was a bit stop/start for me that was partly my fault, I'm afraid, with issues with the demo and missing the changes to address issues like the frozen stairs.

I took about 18 hours to complete and managed to get the team up to Level 40. The story line and the beautiful hand-drawn graphics were an absolute stand out +::heart I can see future wonderful stories ahead - I hope :)

I do think some of the battles were a little too difficult - obviously I managed to make it through but it was a struggle at times that (almost) spoiled the experience. In the end it was so good it didn't for me but it may do so for people who enjoy an easier run. For the extremists, it'll probably end up being a doddle but they are a different breed +::biggrin

Thank you, Crow. It's a wonderful game and I look forward to playing more from you +::Thumbup

All the best,

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Maiden & Knightess - Help and Questions