Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Maiden ~ Player's Memories

Maiden ~ Player's Memories

Postby Indinera » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:09 pm

Done with the game? If you've got 5 mins, please fill this questionary about Maiden!

https://aldorlea.org/maiden.php

Just copy the questions and answer below them! :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Your opinion about Serina?
Your opinion about Camilla?
Your opinion about Esme?
Your opinion about Matthias?
Who is the strongest character, and why? And the weakest?
Your opinion about the story and dialogues?
Your opinion about the atmosphere and cut scenes?
Your opinion about the music and sounds?
Your opinion about the gameplay?
Your opinion about the title screen?
What was your favorite moment and why?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Maiden ~ Player's Memories

Postby MerryX » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:39 pm

Hi Indi and Crow,
Well, here I am and why am I the first one? I know there must be others out there. Yoo hoo, everyone +::clap

Okay, I had a great time and I loved the blend of the work you did together. I took 20:44 hours but I did dawdle around a bit and went back to get another orb and relic. Even so I suspect I missed a lot of things. I was also a bit interrupted with RL demands (not a demanding cat but just as distracting) so I really need to play again. Maybe even try it on hard mode +::O_o

Mode: Normal
My first score (because I ended up somehow bypassing the last enemy and going straight to Rowena -
Battle Victories: 275
Relics Found: 4/?
Orb(s) Found: 3/8
Difficulty Bonus: 40
Grand Total Score: 400
Grade: B+
After I came back and found the switch for the spikes - thank you Lady JJ and Rabbit +::kiss
Battle Victories: 279
Relics Found: 5/?
Orb(s) Found: 4/8
Difficulty Bonus: 40
Grand Total Score: 439
Grade: A

Your opinion about Serina?
Level 67 - sensible, strong, caring - a hero you could get behind.
Your opinion about Camilla?
Level 62 - loyal, strong, steadfast - a wonderful support for Serina.
Your opinion about Esme?
Level 64 - tough little nut with devastating spells. Sad about her sister going off the rails.
Your opinion about Matthias?
Level 63 - solid, trustworthy, troubled by his friend's choices.
Serina in the end, however Camilla was also very strong throughout. And Esme had some wicked skills also. Matthias was probably the weakest in some ways but his healing skills were vital. I would have to say that this team with their different and new skills was an absolute joy to play.
The story was fantastic and I didn't want it to end...(hint, hint)
Really worked well with the story progression - I am quite sure the blood splatters were all Indi +::biggrin
Good - although I do tend to play with the music low. What I heard didn't jar with my enjoyment.
The battles were awesome and I loved how they levelled up quite quickly and refreshed their HP and MP when they did. That helped a lot! I finally caught onto the Trickster's fine hand - little treasures and bonuses all over, including a wicked sense of humour +::biggrin The side quests were great - would have loved more! And the different dungeons were fun and engaging (on normal mode - maybe a bit hairier in hard).
I loved trying out the different skills and learning what worked - and what didn't. It really helped the game play be very flexible and changing. I liked that a lot +::Thumbup
Absolutely beautiful - the character drawings were amazing. Your work, Crow, I think as it reminded me of Knightess
What was your favourite moment and why?
This is always a tough one - especially since my play was interrupted - however, I think Druid's Bane when we reach Serina and kick Jethro's arse +::YAY It all looks hopeless and then the team wins through and Serina is stronger than ever +::clap

Great work, guys, and I look forward to seeing future collaborations +::heart

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:07 am

A further thought I've been having I thought would be good to share and wondered if others had a similar experience?

I could totally get behind the Relics as I could equip them and move them round where they best worked for the team. However, I really didn't get into the Orbs - I don't think I used them once +:::| Great to collect but once the battles started, I just went into using the technics and didn't scramble into my bag of tricks +::Dunno I'm embarrassed I didn't even experiment with them +:oops:

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:43 am

Some orbs are definitely worth using imo.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Indinera wrote:Some orbs are definitely worth using imo.

I'm absolutely sure you're right, Indi, and now you and Crow have me intrigued with Knightess remastered +::lol I'll have to have a go +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:37 pm

MerryX wrote:
Indinera wrote:Some orbs are definitely worth using imo.

I'm absolutely sure you're right, Indi, and now you and Crow have me intrigued with Knightess remastered +::lol I'll have to have a go +::biggrin

MerryX

And do try to replay Maiden with a focus on finding the Orbs - and using them!! +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby gje747 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:10 pm

HI
Wont answer all the detailed questions but will say I really enjoyed Maiden. Enjoyed the orbs, enjoyed the gameplay, guide was mainly helpful and the couple of queries I had were answered promptly on the forum. Great balance. Played on normal.
Well done!
gje747
gje747
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:29 pm

gje747 wrote:HI
Wont answer all the detailed questions but will say I really enjoyed Maiden. Enjoyed the orbs, enjoyed the gameplay, guide was mainly helpful and the couple of queries I had were answered promptly on the forum. Great balance. Played on normal.
Well done!
gje747

Glad you liked it so much. I just finished upgrading Knightess so I'd recommend playing this one if you haven't already +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:00 pm

I only got a B score was 386 I think. +40 points also, 2 relics, 4/8 orbs (loved the orbs!) Since I played game sporadically, I lost the focus I usually have. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I'll try to answer some of the questions but will have to replay first. I will say the gameplay was excellent. The art at end spectacular. I really liked Esme especially with the way she fell into a family situation with other characters. The characters all fell into place nicely in terms of supporting roles in the battles.
I must say it was quite difficult to stop when my play time was up (not liking not being able to play like I used to :(
So I will get back to these questions at some point. +::Thumbup
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:17 pm

Your opinion about Serina, Camilla, Esme and Matthias?
They each came in to the story with their own purpose and they stuck to that purpose.
I really thought Camilla became my strongest character, though none of them would have succeeded without the support of the other 3. It was a really well balanced team.
This is not an epic game, doesn't pretend to be. And that's fine because it's long enough to tell a story and let the player learn a bit about the characters and it's fun to play. I thought there was just enough dialogue to keep the player engaged in the plot without becoming a wordy novel. Players who would rather 'fight' than 'read' will appreciate the lack of constant chattering.
Cut scenes were done well. Long enough to add to the storytelling without becoming a TLDR.
I usually play with the sound off, so I'll pass on this area.
I really liked having lots of different enemies with their own strengths and weaknesses. It made battling more enjoyable because it wasn't just a matter of whack-a-mole, i.e. whoever had the most HP's wins the battle. You definitely needed a strategy for the different characters. Also liked that in groups, some were more susceptible to physical hits while others were only affected by magic. It made the battles more fun. And the learning curves of knowing how to defeat each foe was rewarded in that they'd reappear later in the game, sometimes stronger but still prey to previously learned strategies.
The artwork was absolutely stunning throughout.
What was your favorite moment and why?
Favorite moment was when I realized those orbs were absolute game changers in battle. Favorite time was when I had to rely upon the group sans Serina. That's when I came to realize just how powerful Camilla was.
Your thoughts in general?
I had fun playing this game. I was about halfway through before I found my first orb. That was about the same time I discovered that though no secret rooms in this game, there are definitely secret caches. My next playthrough (and there will be a next), I'll spend more time exploring right from the beginning. My playing time was about 16 hours, but that's because I didn't do any exploring at all in the first several hours. I'm sure my next playthrough will take a bit longer. I only found 1 sidequest. I'm betting there are others I missed.
I thought Serina's story (being the last of Druid's blood) was a little bit of a leap of faith, but, hey, it's a game. And I expected that tree/golem/whatever to finally be refreshed and jump in to the final battle, but he must not be fully recovered yet. All in all, there are a few loose ends to justify a sequel and I'll definitely play that sequel if Crow and Aldorea decide to team up again. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:50 pm

Thanks for your entry and glad you enjoyed it so much +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:54 pm

Added this in case some of you are interested.

viewtopic.php?f=232&t=10502

For anyone who enjoyed Maiden it feels obvious to me you'll enjoy Knightess too.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Maiden & Knightess - Help and Questions