possibly come to Atlanta? +::YAY +::YAY
Image Image
I must cherish every moment, for it soon will rush away
And be lost to me forever, as a part of yesterday
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Re: Vani's Creativity

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:38 am

+::O_o You sound like everyone I know. Lolz. But my Granndma would add "lazy" to that, too.
Though, recently, I've wondered why I didn't take up nursing. +:oops: Most of my psychology classmates just took psychology so that by the next semester they could go into nursing because they failed to get the 80+ score in the entrance exam to qualify for nursing.

>.> Then they took my results paper and saw that I got 92%--which gave me the freedom to choose any course I wanted. +:oops:

And yeah, may be... but in two years. +::biggrin My Grandma is having doubts of retiring. +::O_o She's a type of person who'd go crazy if she stays put 'coz she's been on the go since she got out of college (she landed a job right away 'coz she's the top one of her class).
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:42 pm

So why not do it? +::YAY It's a profession you can practice anywhere in the
world! Getting a job is a breeze! Around here, they'll pay you $5,000 just
to accept a job, up front! And the salary is not too bad. Here a nurse generally
earns around $60,000 a year, and up in New York, it's over $100,000. And, there
is ample opportunity to use creativity in your job!! +::YAY +::Thumbup
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:59 pm

+::O_o The amount of money DOES impress me. Actually, it rendered me speechless. I know that nurses are in demand, but I never knew they were payed that much. *Brains is doing multiply currency conversions (even though, I suck at Math when it comes to money I get an A+)*

Though, I'm not sure if I can still get into nursing... +:oops: My grades aren't what you would say +:oops: , presentable since I'm too lazy. T.T

But may be if I took Biology next semester... >.> Then after getting a dose of Biology for four years, I'd go into nursing. A long run but I might just get it. >.>
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:23 pm

That's my girl. +::YAY Seriously, you really should do it. And by the way, that
salary is based on only working 3 days a week as I do. Leaves lots of time for
gaming and creativity. And if you ever need extra cash, overtime is always
available. I get called all the time, begging me to come in! Do the math...
get time and a half for that. Plus....$4 extra per HOUR for working weekends
and nights! (So, $8/hour extra for working a weekend night!)You can always
come to America to practice!
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:28 pm

My avaricious self is pushing me towards >.>
I'll be considering this especially since enrollment for the next semester is in two weeks
However, I'd have to talk to my Dad about it first
Though, I don't think he'd mind :D
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Though the money is nice, I truly love being a nurse. I've done it for 35 years now
and haven't regretted it for one second! It is in my heart and soul, and I can't even
separate it out of my identity now. Bet Dad and Grandmom would agree to it....
talk to them! But don't do it on a whim. It does take dedication and determination.
You'll have to give up the "lazies"! +::biggrin +::O_o
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I want to get rid of the "lazies"
I'll really do some heavy thinking on it.
I've got nothing much to do since there's no school and my schedule is empty.
And my uncles insist I have an hour of meditation once a day (that and a banana). +::biggrin
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Your Uncles are wise! And this Oracle agrees with them. And as you sit eating
your banana and meditating... +::lol consider this: You are upon a great threshold
in life. You must begin your quest! You have the potential to be a great healer!
+::YAY Go forth young one....your future awaits! This I know because you are
one of the few who has solved the "riddle" so quickly!! There is great power in
your mind!! HEHEHE. Pardon me, I slip so easilly into delusion! He He +::biggrin
DO IT! +::kiss +::heart
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 pm

+::biggrin Thanks!
And don't worry, I step into delusions easily, too. ^^
+::YAY I knew it!I got the riddle! +::Dance +::Dance +::Dance
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby titaness » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Maybe, maybe not. :razz: I could have been talking about the "great riddle of life"! +::lol :razz:
Image Image
titaness
PhysicMage of Arkadya

First Kiss (Short Story)

Postby vanijane » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 am

A random short-story after having a five-hour lunch with one of my best friends! +::biggrin It's told in a first person narrative because I made this inspired by what my best friend went through on her first kiss. :razz: Have fun reading!
-----

I sit by him, looking at the waves on the beach. I sit by him, feeling the late afternoon breeze of the sea. I sit by him, looking past the head of his brother.

"Bryan!" He scolds his brother for the umpteenth time. "Get outta here!"

Finally, Bryan gets the message and leaves without another word. He didn't grunt mockingly or teasingly, he just leaves and I wonder if he offended him or if Bryan just didn't care.

I'm either terrified or nervous, I'm not sure. Bryan has left and so has my sister. I'm left alone, alone with him. I feel my heart pounding on my chest, it's something I feel whenever I'm with him.

I lean on his shoulder, I feel lazy yet anxious on what would happen next. He doesn't move and so do I. We don't say a word to each other, I'm getting too anxious. I don't like the silence.

Then finally, he says, "Can I kiss you?"

My body tenses, freezes and stiffens. His words repeating in my head like a chant. I jerk away from him, my eyes big and wide in surprise, fear and embarrassment.

"What?" I ask then clamp my mouth shut.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks again.

I don't know what to say and I shut my eyes for the briefest of seconds but in the briefest of seconds, I feel his mouth on mine. His tongue on my lips. I hold in my breath, my body is rigid and tense. I fist my hands on my sides and brace myself for whatever would come.

I felt his lips leave mine and I let out my breath. I blink my eyes open while my mind returns back to that kiss. My first kiss with my first boyfriend on my first year of high school.

"You don't know how to kiss." He says or asks, I don't know. My mind isn't functioning well, it's still stuck five seconds ago.

I feel his fingers under my chin, he turns my head and tilts it so that I'm facing him and looking up at him. I know what's going to happen next, he's going to kiss me once more.

"Then I'll teach you." He says before he leans over.

I feel his lips on mine then his tongue. I tense and stiffen once more but I oblige him, I follow his lead. My hands are still clenched on my sides, sweating in nervous tension.

He pulls away, my eyes are shut but I felt him look at me. He kisses me again in that same manner and my nails dug into my skin.

Three kisses that late afternoon with my first boyfriend on my first year of high school.

I sit on the porch, looking at the starry night sky. Thinking to myself, thinking of what I've done, thinking of that kiss. My hands grip the arms of the rocking chair as I remember those kisses, my body tenses and system freezes.

My first kiss at my first year of being a teenager from the first guy who noticed me, my first boyfriend, on my first year of high school.

It would not be his first kiss at his eighth year of being a teenager from not the first girl who noticed him on his third year of high school.

On this night where I sit down and think of my first kiss...

It was horrible, disgusting and I'm never doing it again.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby mellowkat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Awe is that how your friend really feels about kissing? I hope that boy didnt take advantage of her.
You have a lovely way of writing. Very descriptive. I like it alot!

Btw sorry about the late input on the nursing subject. I think if you have a strong personality and you can handle difficult situations well, but you still have a passion and love of caring for others I think you should definitely go for it.

Ill be honest and say that as much as I love nursing I am really struggling with it. But thats another story for another thread. I really hope that you give it a chance but if you go for biology first how about you try working as a nursing assistant/ personal carer (I am not sure what they would be called over there) part time while you study if you can. They are generally found in nursing homes and dont have the full responsibilities as a registered nurse. It helps you gain skills in basic care of people and allows some insight to the nursing world. I worked as one for 3 years while studying and it helped me alot in my transition to registered nursing. Here it is only a short course and doesnt cost the world so I hope thats the case there as well. +::Thumbup
Image Image
mellowkat
Bounty Hunter

Postby vanijane » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:53 am

mellowkat wrote:You have a lovely way of writing. Very descriptive. I like it alot!

Thanks, mellow!
mellowkat wrote:Awe is that how your friend really feels about kissing? I hope that boy didnt take advantage of her.

I'm not sure if he did, but my friend was just 13 then and didn't expect it at all. Now, she's traumatized.
mellowkat wrote:Btw sorry about the late input on the nursing subject. I think if you have a strong personality and you can handle difficult situations well, but you still have a passion and love of caring for others I think you should definitely go for it.

I'm not so sure about that strong personality however, I like taking care of people. +::biggrin I'm still thinking over it, about the whole nursing thing. I'm taking non-major courses at the moment so if anytime I would shift, it would all not be in vain (those months and months of studying +::fear ).
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

No Comfort (Short FanFic)

Postby vanijane » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm

IDK... I just made it on a whim after re-watching Gundam SEED for the umpteenth time. +::biggrin If any of you had ever seen of Gundam SEED and haven't of its sequel, then don't kill me. I'm not that fond of Yzak and Flay ('coz everyone knows how Yzak detests naturals).

NOTES FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE ANIME:
Spoiler: show
Flay - a natural (a normal human like you and me). She originally belongs to the Earth Forces but was taken as hostage by *Rau. Personally, I don't really think she's a sl*t but many think so which is why she's acting somewhat sl*tty here. She's not really quiet and meek but ever since she got captured, she has been (who wouldn't?) and always stayed by Rau's side because he had the same voice as her dead father (he died in the earlier episodes, another irrelevant character).

Yzak - a **Red ranking soldier in the ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty) army. He's a coordinator (his genes have been altered to make him much superior than an average human). He gets angry easily and gets embarrassed showing emotions. He's also a mama's boy. +::biggrin

Shiho - another Red ranking ZAFT soldier. She's been engaged to Yzak for as long as fans remember. But since she never spoke in the anime or manga, no one really knows what's her personality so we (fans) make up a personality for her.

*Rau - a Red ranking soldier promoted to Commander in the ZAFT army. He kidnaps Flay for some reasons (Not gonna spoil anything).

**Red - a soldier of ZAFT that graduated from the military academy with above average/high results.

***Green - The normal uniform of the ZAFT army soldiers unless they graduated from the Academy with high results.

---------------------

No Comfort
Pairing: Flay [x] Yzak [x] Shiho
Setting: Phase 41
Spoiler: show
PHASE 41
It's when the ZAFT shuttle that came from earth arrives back in PLANTS (the space colony where coordinators live). This was only a short scene (if not irrelevant) in the anime and manga, so I decided to put some relevance in here.

Flay Allster had been staying for over a month with ZAFT and under Rau Le Creuset’s watch. At least he wasn’t pedophilic; he hadn’t tried to touch her in that way.

But Flay was the type of girl who needed that kind of comfort yet not with men like Rau. She preferred men who were good-looking and about the same as she was.

There was only one man that filled all her standards from the entire ship and time that she had been with ZAFT—that was Yzak Joule, the only Red in Rau’s team, which was an added bonus.

Flay didn’t like coordinators yet she was still also a teenage girl inside, granted not like most normal girls yet she was still one. She needed comfort and she knew that only the silver-haired coordinator could do it.

Rau had told her that when they would land on the PLANTS, they would be given at least a two day off.

Either of those two days would be the perfect, Flay thought.

Which was why she began trying to seduce Yzak into giving her comfort, however, the coordinator wouldn’t give her a second glance! How it had irked Flay, there had never been a man, coordinator or natural, alive that hadn’t given her two glances.

Flay Allster knew what men liked and she liked men.

She had tried and tried until they arrived on the PLANTS, however Yzak would never fall for any of her tricks. Instead he would yell at her to bug off or something.

Upon arriving on PLANTS, Flay trailed Yzak at least, while they were still at the military port. She had finally caught up to him and because of her new set of uniform, no one had stopped her.

She was about to call for Yzak when suddenly a woman embraced him to which he stiffly returned.

“Yzak!” Flay heard the brunette say, “I was so worried when you fell into the atmosphere. You don’t know how relieved I was when I heard you were okay. I know it seems to be old news, but I haven’t seen you for a long time. All this time… I’ve been so worried.”

“Argh, Shiho, would you please quit it.” Yzak frowned with a faint blush on his cheeks, “I’m alive, geez.”

“You didn’t even bother to contact me during these few months.” Shiho, the brunette, continued. “This is a war, you idiot—you could die and leave me any moment, any day.”

“Urgh, I’m not weak—I won’t die that easily.” Yzak frowned, “You’re wearing a damn uniform, don’t you dare cry.”

“I-I won’t.” Shiho said yet her eyes were already teary. “I… just…”

Shiho once again embraced Yzak yet this time, she didn’t pull away instead, she kissed him. Yzak stiffened as he held the woman in his arms but he soon eased himself and kissed her back.

“Yzak, I’ll try harder so I can fight with you.” Shiho said after the kiss.

“No, it’d be better for you to stay here.” Yzak said with a frown, “The war is only getting dangerous, stay here.”

“But…” Shiho frowned.

“Let’s go, Mother said she wanted to meet with me for lunch.” Yzak said, changing the subject. “I’m sure she’d want you along as well, let’s go.”

“All-All right.” Shiho nodded and hook her arm with Yzak’s, making him stiffen once more. “Geez, lighten up, Yzak. If you’re going to act like this all the time I touch you, how are we supposed to have a harmonious marriage?”

Yzak looked away, a tad bit embarrassed and his blush showed it, “Shut up.”

Flay stared at the couple as they left, then a hand came upon her shoulder. She turned around and saw Rau.

“There you are, did you get lost?” Rau asked, though he knew better.

“Y-Yes.” Flay replied quietly, looking down. “I’m sorry.”

“That’s all right.” Rau told her, “Well, let’s go. I still have a meeting to attend to.”

And Flay followed quietly.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Zone