Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Fan Browsers

Fan Browsers

Postby vanijane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 am

First, you need the latest Firefox browser. You can download it here.

Second, you need to get the Personas add-on. You can download it here.

Lastly, you go here.

Hover your mouse over the picture of your desired persona and click "Wear it".
Then wait until it fully loads.

Your browser will look something like this one:

P.S.
If you don't see the other designs just keep coming back after a few minutes.
I don't know why it's like that, but it should be stable in a few days.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Re: Fan Browsers

Postby grisel1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:40 am

wow vani!! very cool! wow you're completely addict in computer aren't you? +::O_o
grisel1
Mercenary

Postby bobbydaz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 am

I swear by these and change them constantly. I love Firefox. Thanks for sharing Vanijane. :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby vanijane » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 pm

grisel1 wrote:wow vani!! very cool! wow you're completely addict in computer aren't you? +::O_o

Yehp! +::shhhh Thanks! :)

bobbydaz wrote:I swear by these and change them constantly. I love Firefox. Thanks for sharing Vanijane. :)

You're welcome, daz. I was just so bored--I want to make some of the characters from Ella's hope and Asguaard but I haven't seen much art of them yet. But I'd do some when I do find art -

Btw, do you guys know where I can get the pictures of Sandy, Yveen, Wendala and the others that was seen on the slide show at LF1 and at the house at LF2?
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby Thaumaturgist » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 pm

This thing makes the browser little more heavier (firefox is the heaviest browser) and hardly works with few extras, in this number - skins
Anyway, talking about extras, here are few which I use, and which I think are "must have":
British English Dictionary - good extra which underlines wrong words when typing and with right-click over the wrong word, one can select one of the words that the extra suggests as right.
CacheViewer - this tool allows you to browse in the browsers cache history, which one can't look in the newer versions of the browser.
Download Statusbar - it removes the standard downloading window and replaces it with bar right above the statusbar
DownloadHelper - it allows downloading of flash videos, banners and other flash stuff from the current page.
oldbar - brings back the smaller falling menu, instead of the bigger one in version 3.* of the browser's url bar.

Optional:
FireFTP - build-in FTP client for Mozilla
FlagFox - adds a country's flag in the url bar, showing in which country is located the site's server.
MultirowBookmarksToolbar - instead of one bookmark line, the user can add few more (2-3-4) with a rolling option if the bookmarks are many. Quite useful extra for me.
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby eridani » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 pm

vanijane wrote:Btw, do you guys know where I can get the pictures of Sandy, Yveen, Wendala and the others that was seen on the slide show at LF1 and at the house at LF2?

PM Damien +::Thumbup

If you want to do anything with them though they are best off posted at the LF board http://www.laxiusforce.org as we are looking to promote there in the run up to LF3 +::clap
eridani
Ranger

Postby vanijane » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:18 am

Thaumaturgist wrote:MultirowBookmarksToolbar - instead of one bookmark line, the user can add few more (2-3-4) with a rolling option if the bookmarks are many. Quite useful extra for me.

Oh, I didn't know that one existed - I've been looking for one. :D Thanks!
But the personas doesn't really bother my browser (even if I have a lot of add-ons). :)

Eridani wrote:PM Damien +::Thumbup

If you want to do anything with them though they are best off posted at the LF board http://www.laxiusforce.org as we are looking to promote there in the run up to LF3 +::clap

Okay, thanks, Eri! +::Thumbup
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby bobbydaz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:23 am

Same here, the personas dont' slow down my browser at all, even with all my add-ons which are many. I think DeviantArt has a photo of the mage for Ella's hope which could be used. Please let us know when they come out because I would love to use them. :)

http://aldorleagames.deviantart.com/
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby martine4161 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:51 am

Fan browser means create the atmosphere of the gaming characters which you like you most and use it in browser as the theme. So basically all the themes are available on the net so you don't have to do anything about that just have to select and change the theme and your browser will look like game.
martine4161
Peasant

Postby Skyzone » Sat May 15, 2010 8:37 pm

nice find vanijane i love it +::YAY
Skyzone
Ranger

Postby vanijane » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 pm

bobbydaz wrote:Same here, the personas dont' slow down my browser at all, even with all my add-ons which are many. I think DeviantArt has a photo of the mage for Ella's hope which could be used. Please let us know when they come out because I would love to use them. :)

http://aldorleagames.deviantart.com/

Hi, daz! Sorry, but I'm no longer using mozilla since my computer doesn't like it anymore. I dunno why, tho. But if you're still wanting that mage, I can make one. :)

Skyzone wrote:nice find vanijane i love it +::YAY

Thanks, Skyzone! +:oops:
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Return to Creative Zone