Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

I'm blogging....become a fan :)

I'm blogging....become a fan :)

Postby EmeraldEyez » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm

I've finally started up a blog, and would love it if someone would read my posts and make comments! It's a blog about being a first time puppy owner, and what to expect. Come and take a look :) Pretty Please :)

New Blog Today!! 06/06/2011 (Writers block has officially come to an end! +::wizard )

http://firsttimepuppyowner.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-pups-next-door.html

Let me know what you think!

Renee
(The Dreamlords Queen Emmy!)
Last edited by EmeraldEyez on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Re: I'm blogging....become a fan :)

Postby azureXtwilight » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Your puppy is soo cute~~~~ +::heart

~People cannot change the past, the present, or the future. All they can do is change themselves~

azureXtwilight
Bard

Postby EmeraldEyez » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Thank you Twilight....we love him so much (even when he is throwing a temper tantrum) +::kiss
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby azureXtwilight » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:10 pm

I've bookmarked your blog, hope to see more as I am thinking of adopting a puppy +::heart

~People cannot change the past, the present, or the future. All they can do is change themselves~

azureXtwilight
Bard

Postby EmeraldEyez » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Adopting our puppy was the best thing ever...it's been hard, but worth every minute :)
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Alikamou » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Willie looks sooo adorable +::biggrin He looks like there may be Jack Russel Terrier in there, too +::biggrin The long hair chihuahua is in there, but the markings a typical JRT +::O_o Ooohhh...you're in for a truly intelligent and active little bugger +::biggrin Big advice...get all shots and take him to obedience training right away. Don't wait. He's smart and active and you'll need to channel it fast before any destructive behavior sets in +::biggrin As tiny as he is now, he can become a little whirlwind +::biggrin

Psst...the obedience training is really more for you than Willie +::biggrin They train you to look for signs that trigger certain behavior, so if you can locate one, go +::biggrin Got mine at 7 months old and still need to train him not to spring-jump off of people +::biggrin (he's too big for that...golden retriever/hound at about 40 lbs) +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby azureXtwilight » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 pm

I wonder if a dog's attitude is also determined by his/her breed?

azureXtwilight
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:15 pm

You'd better believe it! +::biggrin The only thing to capitalize on is what he truly responses to, soft voice, firm voice, silence or even just hand signals (not raised for striking). +::lol My mom's been watching the *Dog Whisperer* Caesar Milan every chance she gets +::biggrin It really makes sense to have a routine you can all work with. That is your goal is the routine with all three of you involved. You've got lunch and boyfriend has after-work until you get home again for playtime with the *family* +::biggrin
I've been lucky with Alika +::biggrin his name at the pound was Ali, but my sister and I didn't feel the name suited him. He'll respond to many names +::biggrin and he does recognize that whichever name he gets called is by what he himself has triggered...Alikamou (endearing), Alika (just normal), Alik (oh oh), Lik Lik (better come back) and of course Lika (OMG I've done it now) +::biggrin Ali is strictly grandma's name for him +::biggrin What I can't get over is that this dog (he's now 2-1/2) just loves men +::O_o Maybe cause they have larger laps for him to climb onto if they sit on the ground with him +::biggrin He doesn't fit on mine +::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby EmeraldEyez » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:19 pm

@Alika....He is very active...(we call him the energizer bunny +::biggrin ) and as for the intelligence...he is very smart, just not very focused..hehe. And we are definitely looking into training hopefully by next month we will have some money saved up to get him into a class! And I agree the training is for me...lol +::lol
He definitely is a bouncer, and I have been working on that...I know that training takes time, and patience!
@Twilight....I do believe that the breed can sometimes predetermine the activity/attitude level in a puppy! :)
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Alikamou » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:20 pm

+::biggrin Yep it sure can, but just keep a watch on his personality. That is always going to be unique. Sigh...they are truly all so loveable +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby EmeraldEyez » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby EmeraldEyez » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

Is that your puppy Alika?? So adorable!! :)
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby azureXtwilight » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Poor Willie... +::cry

azureXtwilight
Bard

Postby EmeraldEyez » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

I know....He's so much better now +::YAY

Today was the first day we actually let him have full run of the kitchen and living room while we are at work.... +::O_o I will be going home for lunch in about 45 minutes...hopefull there aren't any messes :)
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby EmeraldEyez » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:06 pm

I wrote a new blog today!!! I put the link up at the top :)

Now I better get back to work +::shhhh
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Next

Return to Creative Zone