Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

[Update] DragoonHP - The streetjack writer

Re: DragoonHP - The streetjack writer

Postby <3Benoit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, you left after I left. I guess you didn't find it worthwhile without me. +::biggrin +::biggrin
Did you notice I changed these words?
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:39 am

Nope, life just started demanding attention, and unlike you, I did pop in occasionally. +::biggrin
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby <3Benoit » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:38 am

DragoonHP wrote:Nope, life just started demanding attention, and unlike you, I did pop in occasionally. +::biggrin

Oh yeah, rub it in that my memory blipped. +::cry
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 pm

<3Benoit wrote:Oh yeah, rub it in that my memory blipped. +::cry

I'm just doing my duty +::biggrin
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby briony » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Great to hear from you again DragoonHP- hey did you ever get to finish the 7th wish - great storyline- I have read many. many books during my lifetime and this story is very captivating- don't give up writing- best of luck+:: +::Thumbup
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby <3Benoit » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 am

briony wrote:Great to hear from you again DragoonHP- hey did you ever get to finish the 7th wish - great storyline- I have read many. many books during my lifetime and this story is very captivating- don't give up writing- best of luck+:: +::Thumbup

Pfffft, if he finished them he's apparently not posting them. :razz:
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:23 am

<3Benoit wrote:
briony wrote:Great to hear from you again DragoonHP- hey did you ever get to finish the 7th wish - great storyline- I have read many. many books during my lifetime and this story is very captivating- don't give up writing- best of luck+:: +::Thumbup

Pfffft, if he finished them he's apparently not posting them. :razz:

Don't be mean +::biggrin

I'm suffering from writer's block briony and honestly I forgot about my stories. Thanks for reminding me +::kiss
I will try to write today.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby <3Benoit » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 am

I will be as mean as I want! +::biggrin
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 am

Kids these days +::biggrin

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby DragoonHP » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 am

I haven't posted anything here for quite a while now, and the past four pages is basically just worthless banter; it makes me pretty sad :-p

Anyway, here's something i wrote for a dA group (sort of like Secret Santa but every other month)

It's titled "Happy Birthday" and it's not very good. But it's my first step in the right direction or so I hope. +::biggrin

"Thank you Mr. Harrison." Jackson said smiling.

Beep.

He sighed, removing the headphones. He looked around, hoping to see something interesting, but he saw the same old white walls, the same old boring cubicles surrounding him and the same old people busy talking to customers.

He sighed; the decently lit room made it look like it was still noon outside and he hated it…

"Troublesome customer?" asked Jenny.

"Nah, I'm just a little tired today," he said, looking at the clock.

"Well your shift is almost over," Jenny said, following his gaze.

"Yeah," Jackson said, rubbing his temples.

"Man you look awful," Brad said, peeking at him from his cubicle.

"I don't look that awful," Jackson said in a dry voice, "and stop exaggerating everything."

"Well, I'm actor-in-progress," Brad laughed at his own joke.

Jackson groaned, and leaned back in his chair. He sighed again, trying to dim out the background sounds, but to no avail. He looked at a wall lamp until his eyes started throbbing in pain.

"Well, I'll be going now," Jackson said, squeezing them shut.

He logged out of his account and put the computer in hibernate mode.

"Well, see ya later," he said to no one in particular and started walking. He came to an abrupt halt when he realised that he had forgotten his bag.

He turned around, gave an apologetic smile to another co-worker who he had surprised, and scowled at Jenny, who was playing with the chain of his bags.

"That's my bag you are playing with."

"I know," Jenny replied smiling.

"Give it back."

Jackson snatched his bag away from her and without exchanging another word, turned around and walked out of the brightly lit office. Instead of taking the lift like he would usually do, he chose to walk down the stairs today. He needed some time to himself and the stairs were almost always secluded.

Tap, tap.

The sound of his footstep broke the eerie silence as he walked down the dimly-lit stairs. He was right; no one used the stairs now-a-days and he was enveloped in complete silence.

"Happy birthday to myself," he said as he continued walking down the stairs in a sluggish pace.

He closed his eyes, and exhaled audibly; wouldn't it be incredible if there was a secret birthday party for him, he thought to himself and smiled in self-loathing.

"… like anyone would organise a secret birthday party for a criminal," he almost spat and a wave of nausea washed over him. His knees buckled and his head felt like someone was hammering it constantly. The silent ringing of the night felt very unpleasant to his ears.

He almost fell but managed to balance himself in the last second by grabbing the handrails.

Sweat broke out all over his body, and his breath became laboured. A loud pounding noise filled his head and it took him his entire willpower to keep himself upright.

"Damn it," he scowled and started walking again slowly, leaning heavily against the handrails.

Slowly he continued to walk down the stairs, one step at a time.

After what felt like an eternity, he saw the main gate of the building. The night guard gave him a worried look, but Jackson didn't spare him a glance.

Summoning the last of his strength, he pushed open the glass door and the silence surrounding him suddenly shattered. Bright lights assaulted his sensitive eyes, and the noise of vehicles caused him to swear loudly.

Still he took a deep breath, and continued walking; he just wanted to get away from here and in the comfort of his bed.

Maybe I will order some Chinese food tonight, he thought to himself, trying to cheer himself, and maybe I will play that game I bought online.

A soft smile came to his lips and a sudden surge of strength motivated him. With heavy legs he continued walking, trying to dim out every noise. He just had to reach the bus stop, which was just some meters away from the building.

A feeling of nausea took him by surprise, and his whole body shook as the world around him shook. He felt as if somebody had suddenly pulled back his legs from behind.

Thump.

Amidst the sea of noises, the small painful noise reached his ears. His vision became blurred and he felt as if this wasn't his body anymore. His limbs refused to obey him and the pounding in his head increased many folds.

He barely had the time to analyse his situation, when suddenly blinding brightness surrounded him. Summoning all of his strength, he forced his neck to move.

His eyes turned the size of saucers when he saw a blob of light speeding towards him. The blob continued to come closer with devastating speed. He flailed his limbs in panic, his mind screaming to get out of the way.

His eyes were fixed on the speeding blob of light as his body tried to get out of the way.

Swish.

A hint of smile came to his lips as his body propelled itself towards the left. With a sigh of relief forming on his lips, his eyes flicked to see where he was going.

Thud, thump.

Fresh cold air rushed through his hairs and the sky seemed to come closer to him by every passing second. He tried to lift his hand to grasp the moon, but there was no strength in his hands. He opened his mouth to say something, to break the chilling silence but nothing came out of his lips.

He felt weightless, like a bird flying in the sky but then suddenly, as if gravity hated him for defying it, he was pulled back down.

THUD.

A burst of pain clouded his senses, pain so great that he couldn't define it in words. The whole world seemed to dissolve in wisps of colours, smudging and whirling in themselves. A blood-curdling scream broke the silence but he didn't care; the pain in his skull was so intense that nothing else mattered.

He tried to open his eyelids, but for reasons he couldn't understand they had turned very heavy. But the good thing was, the pain in his skull was numbing down, and the scream that had broken the silence had died down. But that horrifying sound was replaced by numerous annoying sounds; sounds so annoying that he wished that the horrifying scream should return.

He tried to take a deep calming breath, but his chest erupted in fresh pain. After what felt like using the last bit of his strength, he opened his eyes a crack.

His vision was a little blurry, but at least he could see a little better than before. Everything was smudged and he could see dark silhouettes looming over him.

He wanted to ask them what had happened to him, but he felt as if his vocal cords were jammed. He felt a bit discomfort when he tried to force himself to speak, but no pain.

His eye-lids dropped back and he didn't have the strength to keep them open, and frankly, he didn't want to. It was more peaceful like this, when nothing from the outside world broke his concentration.

It reminded him of his childhood days…

Tick, tock… tick, tock.

"Where is he?" Jenny wondered, hiding behind the couch in Jackson's apartment. She elbowed Brad who was hiding beside her and he just shrugged in response.

"He was supposed to be here by now," she said, looking at the closed door.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Re: [Update] DragoonHP - The streetjack writer

Postby <3Benoit » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm going to assume he died?
I don't even know.
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 am

That depends on you. If you want him to live, he lived... if you want him dead, he's dead.

DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby briony » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 am

DragoonHP wrote:That depends on you. If you want him to live, he lived... if you want him dead, he's dead.

Ah but you must give some hint of some kind as to whether we can choose life of death
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby <3Benoit » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 am

DragoonHP wrote:That depends on you. If you want him to live, he lived... if you want him dead, he's dead.

I don't like that. >_<
<3Benoit
Adventurer

Postby DragoonHP » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:16 am

briony wrote:

Ah but you must give some hint of some kind as to whether we can choose life of death

In my original planning, I meant for him to live; he will wake up in a hospital and his colleagues will be there with a birthday cake and all that and wish him Happy Birthday.
But somewhere down the road, i decided that the ending was too optimistic and wrote it with a cliffhanger ending; if you liked the character (though there's not much to like since you don't about his [dark] past and the story is very short) you can choose for him to live, otherwise, you can let him die.

<3Benoit wrote:

I don't like that. >_<

Why?

DragoonHP
Paladin

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Zone