Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sweet Lily Dreams - Beta testing

Sweet Lily Dreams - Beta testing

Postby AJeeej » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Dream creature Faith sets out to prove herself by erasing a dark new dream world that draws from stories such as Doctor Jekyll and Dracula, but begins to question her righteousness.

Everyone dreams. And in those dreams, everyone is connected.

In the city between realities, the guardians of the dream world protect the balance between good and nightmare. Faith is one of them, though her clumsiness often leads to dangerous situations.

She is sent out to the dream of a little girl named Lily, but fails the mission yet again. Lily follows her back to the guardians' city, where Faith is suspended from duty.

News reaches the guardians that a wicked dream world has appeared that threatens the balance, one composed of classic stories such as Doctor Jekyll, Dracula and Baba Yaga. Faith sees it as an opportunity to prove her worth again. Along with Lily and two other dream creatures, they secretly set out.

But while on their quest, the guardians begin to question their actions. Do they have the right to invade other people's dreams and erase their darkest imaginations? What makes light better than darkness?

The monsters we should fear are not the ones in our dreams, but the ones that live inside of us.

And sometimes, they win.

Features

* Polished Interface : Combining the RPG and Hidden Object genres, a polished and convenient interface allows you to easily play.
* Crafting : An important aspect in the game. The most powerful healing items and all magic scrolls are crafted.
* Furniture : Lily's new house in Rosaria can be filled with furniture. Each piece has a certain elemental alignment and power. The combined total decides the bonus the player receives.
* Points : Collectible points are scattered throughout the levels. They can be used to buy exclusive items!
* Puzzles : Sweet Lily Dreams combines the RPG genre with the casual 'Hidden Objects' genre, focusing heavily on puzzles and exploration.
* Mini-Games : There are over half a dozen mini-games that give you great rewards!

Videos

Preview #1

Preview #3

Screenshots

Pirate Drake Battle

The Swamps of Johns Island

The Jungles of Haiti

The Talking Island

Ancient Egypt

The Headless Horseman!

Credits

Art - Arend-Jan van der Brugge, Chancler Harrison, Bailey Gauthier, Gabby Correia
Music - Brian Coffi, Glenn Murawski, John Salter
Programming - Micko, Arend-Jan van der Brugge

by RosePortal Games

Thanks for reading! ^_^
Last edited by AJeeej on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
AJeeej
Wanderer

Re: Sweet Lily Dreams

Postby Indinera » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm

PS: Can anyone tell me how to post Youtube video's other than with a link? :/

It's not available on this forum.

Good job, the screenshots are pretty! ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby AJeeej » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Ah, alright. PHPbb3, heh. And thank you! :) Glad you like it.
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:28 am

The swamp screen is inded a very beautiful, well-done and detailed screen. +::Thumbup
And mini-games? I bet they're going to be fun, as nowdays RPG games is lacking mini-games. :)

By the way, the graphics of this game are very beuatiful, like the ones from Whisper of a Rose was. These tilesets is you who create? Because I've never seen them in another game, well, unless Whisper of a Rose which is similar. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby AJeeej » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 am

Yeah, I agree, RPGs could use more mini-games! The ones featured here are pretty simple, though. Keeping my target audience in mind we couldn't base mini-games on reflex skills.

And thankyuuu! :9 Yep, every graphic you see there is custom (we did WoaR's custom graphics as well, of course). Tilesets are all done by me.
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:24 pm

I played Whisper of a Rose and it was a pretty good game, thus I have faith in Sweet Lilly Dreams and I'm looking for it.
Also, the screenshots look very good, it will certainly be one of the most "eye-candy" RPG Maker games just as Whisper of a Rose is. +::Thumbup
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm happy to hear you liked WoaR, and I can assure you Sweet Lily Dreams is definitely better. The controls, the interface, the graphics, it's all much more polished as we gained a lot of experience from making WoaR. :)
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Does looting enemies works the same way as in WoaR (i.e. collecting "orbs")? It slowed down the battles quite a lot, on the other hand I got used to it after playing WooR for some time and it felt quite good in the end.
And what about talents and talent trees, will they be in SLD, too?

Last question - will we meet any of the characters from WoaR in SLD?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:03 pm

I ditched the orbs idea. As you said, it slowed things down and even if you might have gotten used to it, you shouldn't have to get 'used to' bad features. (: And on the subject of enemy encounters, they are now random when you run into one, so you never know what exactly to expect.

The talent trees are gone. Instead, you use the crafting system (which is a 100 times more convenient now) to make 'scrolls' that any of your characters can use to learn the skill. So the amount of customization is actually the same!

Most important characters from WoaR do come back in SLD! And there's also a surprise re-appearance from one of the villains. ^^ You can play the game just fine without knowing anything about WoaR, but the way you encounter the old characters is really fun if you know WoaR, with the little references and such.
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm

AJeeej wrote:Yeah, I agree, RPGs could use more mini-games! The ones featured here are pretty simple, though. Keeping my target audience in mind we couldn't base mini-games on reflex skills.

And thankyuuu! :9 Yep, every graphic you see there is custom (we did WoaR's custom graphics as well, of course). Tilesets are all done by me.

Awesome because these graphics are very beautiful, the tiles (the details are very well-done) and the character sprites. +::clap
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 am

AJeeej wrote:And on the subject of enemy encounters, they are now random when you run into one, so you never know what exactly to expect

Does that mean that battles are completely random or that there are still enemy sprites moving on the map and only the enemy party is random?

AJeeej wrote:Instead, you use the crafting system (which is a 100 times more convenient now)...

So it is now possible to craft something automatically once I have all the ingredients? The problem in WoaR was that I had to remember (or beter write up) ingredients and then choose them manually - it was quite clumsy.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 am

Does that mean that battles are completely random or that there are still enemy sprites moving on the map and only the enemy party is random?

The latter. :)

So it is now possible to craft something automatically once I have all the ingredients? The problem in WoaR was that I had to remember (or beter write up) ingredients and then choose them manually - it was quite clumsy.

Yep! There's a list of recipes, indicating for which ones you have enough ingredients and which ones are new, and you just click on the recipe to craft! It also now shows details on the resulting items. WoaR's crafting system was indeed rather clumsy.
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 am

AJeeej wrote:

The latter. :)

On the other hand it means that there has to be a generic sprite instead of different ones for each type of enemy group.
Still, it's an interesting solution, I cannot remember any other RPG Maker game with the same system. Btw, how does this randomness works? Is the enemy party for given sprite chosen upon entering the map or upon entering the battle?
Also, when I think of it, hasn't this system already been used for the Chocolate Boxes in WoaR ("Eat me!" or "Don't eat me!")? (I hope that I remember it right.)

And other question - will there be teleports as in WoaR? It was a pretty useful feature to have.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 am

Yeah, enemies on the map have a generic sprite now. ^^ The enemy party is 'formed' when encountering the enemy, so if you run into a monster that is too strong you can Escape and attack again for a different enemy. I also wanted to do it like this so we didn't have to make a front&back view for each enemy, allowing us to make more and larger sprites.

The chocolate boxes are kind of different, because they change during the battle itself. I'm surprised you remembered what it said! xD

There are teleports, but a bit different. The entire game takes place from one city -- Rosaria -- which features teleports to every area in the game. It's a pretty big city with a lot of side-quests and stuff that keep getting added during the game. :)
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm

I have another question: Are there some more interesting armors or weapons in SLD? I mean things like weapons attacking twice, equippment that gives you first attack or counterattacks, ... I don't remember anything like that in WoaR.
And from what I've seen from the second video, I suppose the battles will be purely turn-based (i.e. no "loading bars") now, which is imo better.

P.s. What you have revealed about SLD so far sounds pretty good, I hope that you will release it soon. +::Thumbup
Tomas
Ranger

Next

Return to Creative Zone