Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Sweet Lily Dreams - Beta testing

Re: Sweet Lily Dreams

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:36 pm

AJeeej wrote:The first hour needs to be flawless.

That's so true. I would say that probably the biggest problem of WoaR was the beginning. It wasn't bad (quite the opposite), but it took too much time before the player actually got the chance to try the game.
I personally bought the game because because I read the review on the RPGFan, the story seemed interesting and I had a good gaith in the review, but if I judged WoaR on demo alone, I wouldn't be so sure. So, the beginning is definitively very important.

AJeeej wrote:Once you use a scroll, you can go to an NPC in Rosaria and unlearn the skill to retrieve the 'unique' part of the ingredients. To get the rest back you will have to beat some more monsters. :)

That seems to be a good way how to allow changing talents and do not let it become too trivial, imo. +::clap

AJeeej wrote:* There's a very difficult dungeon to play through after the game's ending.

Good, I love difficult dungeons. +::YAY
Last edited by Tomas on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 pm

The first hour needs to be flawless.

Adn catchy, but that's a very subtle exercise ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby AJeeej » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am

Indinera wrote:
The first hour needs to be flawless.

Adn catchy, but that's a very subtle exercise ^^

Definitely! And you're very good at it. :)

Updated the first post -- it's way cleaner now, so go check it out! :3
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 am

AJeeej wrote:Updated the first post -- it's way cleaner now, so go check it out! :3

Indeed, the story description is more catchy now! +::Thumbup

I especially like this sentence: "Everyone dreams. And in those dreams, everyone is connected."
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm pretty happy with that line as well!

Little update:
Website updated and social media added.
You can now follow me/us on Twitter as well as Facebook!

(Not sure I'm allowed to link on here, though. If not, just let me know and I'll remove it. :))
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 am

You have mentioned that there will be some secret locations that will be almost impossible to find without walkthrough, right?
Will it be some kind of secret rooms or something like that?
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:51 am

Yep, exactly that! I'm not sure if you remember/know, but for example: at Kairo in Whisper of a Rose there was this tiny crack in the cliff call through which was a room with special treasure. Only a very observant person or someone with the walkthrough would notice. :)
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:02 am

I don't remember that one, I'm not sure if I found it (although I tend to try every single crack and things like that - after playing quite a few RPG Maker games it kinda became a habbit to me... +::biggrin ).

What about difficulty - will there be a choice of difficulty in SLD (something like Easy/Normal/Hard)? If I'm not mistaken WoaR had only one.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby AJeeej » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:54 am

Tomas wrote:I don't remember that one, I'm not sure if I found it (although I tend to try every single crack and things like that - after playing quite a few RPG Maker games it kinda became a habbit to me... +::biggrin ).

What about difficulty - will there be a choice of difficulty in SLD (something like Easy/Normal/Hard)? If I'm not mistaken WoaR had only one.

Yep, there will be difficulty settings! :)

Aaaand a new little video: Preview #4! New things shown: picking up coins, running into an enemy and tutorial messages. Nothing major, but Brian Coffi -- one of the composers -- requested I make a battle video featuring one of his tracks. :)

Meanwhile I'm working on an actual trailer for the game with Sony Vegas Pro. It's gonna be great!
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby D-Squall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 am

Loved the battle theme, it was quite epic. :) And Curly's face has reminded me of a Heartless from the game Kingdom Hearts, don't know if you played.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby AJeeej » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am

Oh! Now that you mention it, I see the similarities. Yep, I've played KH, but I didn't use it as an inspiration. ^^

And Brian will be glad to hear that. :)
AJeeej
Wanderer

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

AJeeej wrote:New things shown: picking up coins, ...

I like picking coins, it's always fun. +::YAY

AJeeej wrote:Brian Coffi -- one of the composers -- requested I make a battle video featuring one of his tracks. :)

Sounds good. The track from Preview #3 sounds more like a boss/tougher battle, this one is more fitting for "standard" fights, imo.
And what about the track that we can hear the last 10 seconds of the video? It sounds quite sad and dreamy, is this the title song of SLD?

And some more questions:
- The UI can be seen on the video. Will it be customizable, i.e. will it be possible to switch on/off some of the menus? (It was possible in WoaR, I believe.)
- Will it be possible to switch full-screen on/off with the Alt+Enter shortcut? In WoaR it didn't work, only option was a change through menu. (Using walkthrough or help for alchemy was quite annoying because of this, sometimes.)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 pm

I noticed a cool thing, when Faith used Protect their faces changed for a bit xD That happens only when the party is struck with support and healing magics?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby clear » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:11 am

this game for me is more on girlish games..
clear
Adventurer

Postby Tomas » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am

clear wrote:this game for me is more on girlish games..

You might be surprised.
I don't know what Sweet Lily Dreams will be like, but previous game from Ajeeej, Whisper of a Rose, was pretty dark and scary in some moments.
Tomas
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Zone