Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Project pocket universe(Game in progress)

Project pocket universe(Game in progress)

Postby Saltome » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 am

Genre: Survival\Exploration
Features:
- Abilities:
- Harvesting.
- Cooking.
-Raw Ingredients: 2.
- Eating.
-Recipes: 3.
- Sleeping.
-Jobs:
-Harvesting.
-Foresting.
-Mining.
-Hunting.
NPC: 5.
Secret areas: 1.
Other secrets: 2.
Endings: 2.

Latest release: Dec,23,2011

A small world for free exploration, the only real danger out there is the hunger.
The goal of this game is to provide the player with the freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, however he wants. To divert the attention of the user from plot guidelines toward the joy of being able to freely choose your path.
The game features an innovative biological needs system, similar to the one in Sims. In the game you will have to provide your own food, by going out into the world, harvesting, cooking and finally eating it. Better hurry, your stomach will be rebelling soon enough, and don't neglect your other needs.

The goal of this project, is to show the world how i envision the future of video games, in my own making. To create connections with capable people and to provide me with some preliminary experience before i assemble a programming team later this spring which will shape the entertainment industry, and ultimately the world. And hopefully after all that, i will have a shiny penny to call my own.

Needless to say I'm looking for determined people willing to help me with the creation process.
Bug reports and feedback is appreciated.
suggestions and opinions are welcomed, but I'm not going to drop everything,
just to incorporate something that someone wants.

in conclusion, id like to provide you with a challenge, the first person that posts at least one of the two secrets or the ending here in this topic will get a big thumbs up, and will have his name known in a hall of explorers. For extra points,both secrets are references to Indi games, try to guess where exactly they are taken from.

If you have problems starting the game you might have to install the RPG maker xp RTP
Enjoy and happy exploring.

Downloads:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1585291759/PPU_24_Dec_2011.exe
https://rapidshare.com/files/1160440617/PPU_23_Dec_2011.exe
https://rapidshare.com/files/3074292575/PPU_29_Nov_2011_.exe
https://rapidshare.com/files/1921193351/PPU_24_Nov_2011_.exe
https://rapidshare.com/files/2716473714/PPU.exe
Last edited by Saltome on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Persistence, perseverance, ambition.

Deviant Art: Image
Saltome
Bounty Hunter

Re: Project pocket universe(Game in progress)

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Sounds good... downloading...

But a suggestion.... put some screenshots of the game here and also, if you can, improve the formatting of the post... ^.^
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Saltome » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks but considering at this point the main goal of the game is exploring, and that there are only 8 maps in total.
I rather not post graphical content yet.

And i don't really know how to "improve" the formatting of the post so that will have to stay.

Saltome
Bounty Hunter

Postby DragoonHP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Played it...

And let me start by saying that you need an introduction in the very least...
Your mapping is decent enough... and I liked the hunger system, though you need to customise it a bit to make it better.. and the customisation depends on you...
Second, there is a bug in the cave... In the middle right cave, when you come of out of there, you are stuck in the cave entrance... with the player facing east... (sorry can't give you a screencap right now)...

And about formatting... I meant using a combination of bold, italics and underline tag to make it not look so bland...
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Saltome » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:28 am

Considering how extensive i test everything its a shame i missed that, but its not a problem i had that problem with other maps i just didnt root it out. A quick fix to that bug and made some changes to eating and i was pondering how to proceed it would be nice if someone can come along and make a few sprites for me. im putting this on hold so i can work on my other project for now

Saltome
Bounty Hunter

Return to Creative Zone