Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Choose Wisely

Re: New RPG: Choose Wisely

Postby darkange » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 pm

for all the people complaining about the language ? Are you girls ? Cause I have never seen a guy who is not religious complain about vulgar language ... so I want to see if you are all girls ...
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm

kyg wrote:I'm enjoying the game myself. I got to the point where you decide the fate between two people. I selected the paladin and everything works fine; however, should I select the rogue, the game crashes with an error, "Unable to find file: Audio/BGS/Fire"

Can you add the necessary audio file to the pack?

I have the same problem. Indi, where is the download link that you mentioned?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm

darkange wrote:for all the people complaining about the language ? Are you girls ? Cause I have never seen a guy who is not religious complain about vulgar language ... so I want to see if you are all girls ...

Dude. If you be lookin' under me kilt, you'll be findin' out I aint a girl. But I do agree with the negative comments about language. As any writer should know, the objective is to always advance the story line or develop a solid backstory. So don't write it if it isn't necessary in plot development.

IMHO a well placed "Pffft!" or "@#$%" is usually all you need to express tone and mood.

aloha,
Kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kyg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:29 am

Just wanted to post that I finished and enjoyed the game. Torch did entirely too much damage, but I won't complain about it. I did start a new game without her to get through with an all physical team (warrior, archer, thief, paladin x2).

I don't agree entirely about the comments regarding the vulgar language; however, I certainly disagree with the statement that @*%& is sufficient. More than anything I hate censorship in all forms of media. I don't want people to throw in vulgar language just to be edgy, but I don't want it removed/censored to make it work safe.

People use foul language, get used to it.

Regarding the outfits, some of them are dressed a bit risque but I wouldn't say they are terribly scandalous. In fact, considering most of the female characters are not warriors, but simple noble ladies, I would say they are actually dressed as you would mostly expect. In addition, the one female character whom actually is a warrior is dressed as you would: like a knight.
kyg
Peasant

Postby darkange » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:23 pm

@kimo if swear words bother you bro ... then you must be a beta male and girls find you such a sweet guy and a gentleman...
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Okay, the swear words thread has become ironic. I had a girlfriend call me a "potty mouth" one time because of the words that do come out of my mouth. +::lol And, yes, I was raised to be a gentleman in my public persona.

I was just trying to make a point from a writer's perspective (and game selling) that script writing should contain words that advance the plot or further develop the character. It is right up there with advancing the story through a character's actions instead of just telling people the story.

I do agree with the comment about censorship. I personally dislike the concept of censorship in any form. Freedom of speech is one of the few good things about America.

aloha,
kimo

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even when they are wrong."
If that level of sarcasm isn't understood, then the person needs to take a giant step back and laugh at life.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Choose Wisely

Postby GrannyC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:41 pm

What I don't like is letting the nastiest one win!
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Re: Choose Wisely

Postby semcrae » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:34 am

Sorry. Not going to support a developer who cannot do a better job without using profanity.
semcrae
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers