Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

RPGs that Inspired You

RPGs that Inspired You

Postby SwiriKo » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:20 pm

It's no secret that with the advent of RPG Maker that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of RPG Maker games made by independent developers, some that may have sparked the itch to make your own or take part in another facet of game development.

I've come across many turn based RPGs and would give each a nod in how they inspired me to pursue different aspects of creating.

Breath of Fire IV wowed me with its rich story, amazing visuals, and excellent combat system, with made me think about how animation plays a large role in how engaging a battle is.

Final Fantasy VI told an engrossing bleak tale of loss, grief, and moving on after the end of the world, and made me think about message and theming in writing.

Laxius Power was a series that I stuck with for many years and replay some of the earlier games from time to time, my favorite being LPIII, which made me think about how to push a game engine to its absolute limits and not be limited by the game engine itself.

Thus begs the question, What RPGs have inspired you, and how exactly did they inspire you?
"Within the span of quiet moments, I read the world."
SwiriKo
Peasant

Return to Let's Discuss about Games