Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

RPG Difficulty

RPG Difficulty

Postby eridani » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Do you prefer to be completely stumped, or for everything to be fairly self explanatory?
Do you love wandering in confusion then eventually work it out (by chance or mind!) or are you more likely to ask for help than spend eternity trying to solve it?
eridani
Ranger

Re: RPG Difficulty

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm

I want blood and violence lol I love it when the monsters are super hard *and* I've got ways to save often.
I also love to be overwhelmed by monsters like in the Might & Magic games.

• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kerilithia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 pm

While I don't realy like having to figure out to many difficult, push all the rocks aside, roll the logs in the water to make a path, sort of puzzles in games I do like getting lost in mystery type puzzles talking to random people to figure out clues at to who commited the crime or how to get to an almost inaccessable area of the map.
Kerilithia
Wanderer

Postby Koenigsegg » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 pm

I prefer the medium difficulty... +::biggrin
Koenigsegg
Mercenary

Postby Saltome » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:56 am

the harder the battle is the more excited you get and the more pleasure you get out of pulling trough
..IF you can

as for the puzzles something logical is good but picking the right switches in the right order which are scattered all over the map are just annoying especially with all the monsters you get
id just seek help so i can move on with my story
Persistence, perseverance, ambition.

Deviant Art: Image
Saltome
Bounty Hunter

Postby Skyzone » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Koenigsegg wrote:I prefer the medium difficulty... +::biggrin

medium for me too.. +::biggrin
Skyzone
Ranger

Postby Harlow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 am

I enjoy medium/high difficulty. And, I like getting really stumped every once in a while - that is until about 2 or 3 hours have passed. That's when I start to cross the threshold into madness... +::biggrin
Harlow
Explorer

Postby firefly » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 am

Kerilithia wrote:While I don't realy like having to figure out to many difficult, push all the rocks aside, roll the logs in the water to make a path, sort of puzzles in games I do like getting lost in mystery type puzzles talking to random people to figure out clues at to who commited the crime or how to get to an almost inaccessable area of the map.

I actually like either way :)

And I usually got for the midium dificulty to reduce stress related sides effects...
My dwellings: The Glade and Eridani's
Anyway, if I wanted a complex story led by dynamic characters that aren't easily categorised into facile dichotomies of good and bad with no clear arc or easily predicted outcome, I'd have left the theatre and lived my damn life. Brownian
firefly
Bounty Hunter

Postby Mystsong » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:02 pm

I enjoy challenging puzzles, but prefer battles to be more toward average. It's no fun if every fight is a cakewalk, but when I'm constantly struggling to survive each battle I tend to lose interest in the game.

The more creative the puzzles, the better, too. I like it when a game makes me think in a new way.
ImageMyst was my name first and I ain't changing it!
Mystsong
Mercenary

Postby dgford » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 am

I enjoy a game I can play without a walkthrough, that is simple enough to complete, yet hard enough without getting frustrated. I like it when I find special secret areas that aren't vital to the game, but are bonuses for being more careful and deliberate. I like monsters (for random encounters) that are fairly easy, but maybe you have to figure out the trick with them first (like that they're weak to something). Boss battles I like challenging - where you have a save beforehand, and it may take you several battles to figure out what strategy you need to use.

What I hate is getting into a dungeon that is crawling with monsters and and not enough save spots, and if you get out you have to start from the beginning of the dungeon. I also don't like really frequent encounters, esp. not in dungeons, where the layout can be confusing enough, let alone trying to remember which direction you where coming from or going to after so many interruptions.

This is why the new "3 Stars of Destiny" seems to be perfect for me. You can set your difficulty level, and encounter frequency, and play like you want to - lots of challenging battles, or walking around discovering the world.

I have re-started the game. The 1st time I played on normal difficulty, and normal encounters. What I discovered 1/2 way through is that I'd missed an awful lot of the game, b/c I was so busy just trying to beat my way through the monsters to get to the next screen. The next game I set for normal difficulty, low encounters. For me, that's perfect. Now this game is an absolute joy to play. I have discovered every secret room so far (and not b/c I'm using cheats!), have found 2 more playable characters that I'd missed before - all b/c I can wander around more freely without the constant interruption of attacks. Being interrupted (whether I chose to fight or esc. doesn't matter) is what really makes me lose track of what I was doing, and also increases my frustration with the game that I "just want to move ahead", and sometimes miss what's going on right in front of me.
dgford
Mercenary

Postby Sassy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:11 pm

I love getting tons of quest to do and talkin to people. Love having lots of places explore, and lots of treasures to find. I loved the secret rooms too those where fun.
Sassy

Postby Framboesa » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:47 pm

I agree with Sassy :) Fights aren't my favorite parts. Exploring exploring exploring +::biggrin +::biggrin
Framboesa
Bounty Hunter

Postby Sassy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:46 pm

A little of everything and lots of substance.
Sassy

Postby grisel1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:07 am

well my favorite part is easy not difficulty. +::wizard
grisel1
Mercenary

Postby vanijane » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:09 am

First try- Easy/Normal
Second try- Hard

Once I get how the game flows, I re-do it after finishing it but play hard mode. ^^ Then after playing normal and hard, I play with goodies via hard mode (Aveyond goodies!) ^^

I don't want the fighting bit to be too easy, I mean... The battle music (especially with the bosses) are so BADUM-BADUM exciting! Then he dies after one hit and I'm like... O.o that was it? Hahaha... I want a battle challenge. Then when the enemy is too strong and I lose, I'm like, >.< I'll beat you after I level up, meanie! Lol.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Return to Let's Discuss about Games