Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Legionwood (Free Game by Dark Gaia Studios)

Legionwood (Free Game by Dark Gaia Studios)

Postby vanijane » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Synopsis
Spoiler: show
Legionwood. A bustling, seemingly peaceful world, filled with trade routes, treaties, and royal feasts. But it was not always so. Unfortunately, like all worlds that harbor human life, Legionwood has it's own history of violence and war. Civilizations have grown, fought and died throughout Legionwood's history, and the many ruins and necropolises that dot the fields and forests serve as sad reminders of the blazing conflicts that once raged throughout the lands.
But for now, partly because of the fear of what weapons it's rival nations may wield, each empire tries to promote sanctity, and a makeshift peace reigns supreme. It has now been centuries since the last bitter war came to it's violent end.
Treaties have been signed, and trade routes have been established, in some effort to retain a state of world peace, but depsite this, each wary king and emperor readies his forces for an attack from his former enemies that may never come. Although some form of peace is existant now, hysteria grows, and each government becomes more fearful, and it is only a matter of time before a spark turns this stale cold war into something worse, and conflict comes to Legionwood again.
And just like ages past, greed is about to resurface, and cause the greatest war Legionwood has yet seen. An unimaginable hunger for power, left unslated for millenia, an ancient pact, a being of terrible evil... All are about to come together again to try and bring unmeasurable chaos to the world.
But, there are always those who will stand against the evil. Humanity's good will managed to avert anilhilation last time, but can they come together and do it once again?
Life is a very fickle thing. And sometimes, those who create and control it are the ones who cannot remain at peace. Therefore, how can those subjects these gods control be expected to be without their own conflict? A dark age looms...

It begins as a normal day, but very abominable things are being discussed, and fear is being plotted. An assassin meets with his master, and an ancient secret society discusses armageddon with their master, an entity sealed away for millenia from civilization. They plot their combined efforts coming together in a plan of pure evil, to reignite an ancient enmity that has existed since the very dawn of time and the creation of the universe.
Meanwhile, celebrations are raging in the nation of Charn. The queen has just given birth to a new daughter, and in an effort to use the occasion to extend ties of peace with the nation's former rivals, the king has invited nobles from the empire of Trevelle to attend. There is an air of hate, and some enmity between the Charnians and their king's guests, but they are assured that all will be fine, and the occasion will be one of joy and peace.
Lann, and his younger sister Liara, both orphans, decide to attend the king's festival in order to bring some happiness into their otherwise mediocre lives, but then...
The crowd roars, and nobody notices a dark shadow accend into the overlooking tower. It all happens quickly. A twang of a bowstring, the sound of an arrow pounding into flesh, and then Charn is without a king, and Lann and Liara become the unwilling heroes in a rising conflict between god and evil that may decide the fate of Legionwood itself.

Screenshots

Features
1. An epic, emotionally stirring story involving love, hate, war, peace, enmity, redemption and betrayal set in a massive, vibrant world featuring over 20 hours of traditional RPG gameplay, plus side quests, adventures and trials at every turn.

2. An involving repetoire of quests which are more than simply going to a dungeon and defeating a monster. Quests in Legionwood require forethought, planning and lots of effort, spanning entire nations, continents or the whole world.

3. 9 unique and complex characters, each with their own story and striking personality, each one able to utilize over 60 awesome abilities, wield over 80 fiersome weapons, and each with their own repetoire of unique and unimaginable powerful Frenzy attacks.

4. Riveting, tense, turn based combat in which emphasis is placed on tactics. Every enemy has it's own attack pattern, weaknesses and strong points, and you'll need to think at the beggining of each round rather than just clicking the attack command again.

5. An epic custom soundtrack composed entirely of non game music, and written by fantastic artists such as Ocean's Dream and Dragndude9, including some never before heard pieces by Dark Gaia exclusive to this game!

6. Fantastic mapping and graphical prowess utilizing both the VX RTP and some fantastic custom graphics by Mack and DM Dotto combined together to create a world that is visually striking and amazingly vibrant.

7. A huge array of 48 custom features, designed by renowned scripters such as KGC and Woratana, with innovative custom features such as custom menu system, item systems, equipment systems, party changers, anti lag systems, map enhancers and more!

8. Amazing potential for character development. Rather than assigning each of the characters a class, in Legionwood, the characters can wield whatever equipment and learn whatever skills they want to, so that you can mould each one to suit your own intended fighting style. Also, this is combined with the fantastic open ended AP Assignment stat moulding system designed by KGC.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Re: Legionwood (Free Game by Dark Gaia Studios)

Postby grisel1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:30 am

yeah i really like it vanijane so that i could have an example to make an RPG vx but it says that it may cause your system :(
grisel1
Mercenary

Postby RPGeez » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

I have played this game and it was a fun game.

It has been a while since I played this game but I remember it had some nice maps and the gameplay was interesting and the battles were fun as well.

I am waiting for the next chapters to be released because it has been a while since I played chapters 1 and 2.

Cheers
Geez :)
RPGeez
Ranger

Postby vanijane » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:21 am

grisel1 wrote:yeah i really like it vanijane so that i could have an example to make an RPG vx but it says that it may cause your system :(
What do you mean? The game (Legionwood) or the RPG VX? +::Dunno

RPGeez wrote:I am waiting for the next chapters to be released because it has been a while since I played chapters 1 and 2.
I think I read somewhere that the third chapter would be released soon. +::biggrin
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby grisel1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:26 am

The game legionwood :) were to download it??? +::YAY
grisel1
Mercenary

Postby vanijane » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:42 am

grisel1 wrote:The game legionwood :) were to download it??? +::YAY

From the website. There's the download link, it would lead to another page where you can download the latest version of the game.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Return to Let's Discuss about Games