Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Torchilight -RPG

Torchilight -RPG

Postby bobbydaz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 am

This is an excellent game which I have almost finished and purchased from Steam (I had problems with the Wild Tangent Version). Although not old school 2D RPG, this is a lot of fun and Metacritic has given the game a rating of 85/100 which is pretty high. Following is a brief description from the developer:

Behold Torchlight, a fresh new Action RPG franchise developed by Runic Games. Torchlight is being developed in Seattle by a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects like Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, and Fate. Our team has spent many years honing and evolving this unique style of gameplay.

The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember - a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.

There is a lot more description to this game so check it out if you are interested.
bobbydaz
Explorer

Re: Torchilight -RPG

Postby Ladybug » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi!
Just wondering if you played a demo first or bought the game directly!
WildTangent advertises a demo but I also could not get the game to work... +::Dunno
And the developer's site is only selling, which I thought a tad little arrogant...
Thanks for any info you can provide!
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby bobbydaz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:14 am

Hi Ladybug,

There is definitely a demo and it is over 4 levels, which takes a few hours. I am a fool for saying I have almost finished the game, it is basically endless randomly generated levels after you defeat certain bosses. This game is highly addictive and has an excellent loot and levelling up system. If it is OK with this board I will provide some links. I had problems with the Wild Tangent Version also, quite a few people did and I wasn't prepared to wait.

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-De ... ight.shtml (this is appx 370MB)

Steam version which you will need the download manager/client for. I have a lot of games from Steam but not everyone likes the manager (I love Steam, their great deals and fast downloads)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/ (this is appx 800MB which is the full game size and allows you to continue with your progress).

http://games.download.ba/torchlight-dem ... d-146.html (appx 370MB)

Enjoy! :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby Ladybug » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot Bobbydaz! :)
I tried the Softpedia link you gave but it ended up being the same version from WildTangent...
Will see if I try it from the other link you give some time soon...
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby bobbydaz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Ladybug, Runic the developers now have an official demo which I presume will not lead to any download Game Manager as they are also selling the game themselves. When you have some time with your broken laptop, this game has gotten rave reviews and is worth trialling in my opinion anyway. Here is a new link and I hope I am not spamming, I just really love this RPG game. +::YAY

http://www.filefront.com/14896579/Torchlight-1.12b.exe/
bobbydaz
Explorer

Return to Let's Discuss about Games