Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Indy, will you ever use RPG Maker VX engine to make a game?

Indy, will you ever use RPG Maker VX engine to make a game?

Postby bobbydaz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:12 am

Hi Indy,

I am just curious, whether you intend on creating a game with this newer engine (as in Eternal Eden with custom graphics of course) or will you continue to use the same program as before?

Cheers. :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Re: Indy, will you ever use RPG Maker VX engine to make a game?

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 am

maybe for Legend..... is there a reason you would want me to try this engine? :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Are you going to use RPGVX for Legend, but the characters look short like dwarves. +::fear
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Thaumaturgist » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:00 pm

RMVX is kinda limited maker if you don't use scripting. My point of view for this maker is to be easy for using for those who lack skills and are new to game making. RMVX and Indi are not good combination +::biggrin
Mostly because the big limits of VX would hold him back, just because this maker lacks both resources and capabilities. +::biggrin
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Legend is based on story and dialogs, so it *could* be interesting to use VX for it.
Legend is also an extensive game with many charas and monsters so the "basic" (yet exciting, at least imo) RPG gameplay would work really well for it imo.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Thaumaturgist » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Will that mean it will be more concentrated into story and character development like LPII and BoH? That would be great, woohoo +::YAY
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby vanijane » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:RMVX is kinda limited maker if you don't use scripting. My point of view for this maker is to be easy for using for those who lack skills and are new to game making. RMVX and Indi are not good combination +::biggrin
Mostly because the big limits of VX would hold him back, just because this maker lacks both resources and capabilities. +::biggrin

VERY LIMITED. I must admit. Indy has great wonderful maps, RMVX might not give him those. You only have Tile A to Tile E whereas, RMXP has tons. That's the downside with RMVX, the limited graphics.

There are good scripts out there made by people. And may be Zeriab made some RMVX scripts for Indy to use if he ever decides to use RMVX.

I don't have a problem with the sprites tho, they look cute! +::heart But then, you can still use the RMXP sprites in RMVX like what they did in Deadly Sin.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby Thaumaturgist » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm

If you tweak with the resources, you can expand each of these A to E maps to be longer and with more details. Same goes to other resources, but still - this aspect is very bad minus for the maker.
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby vanijane » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:If you tweak with the resources, you can expand each of these A to E maps to be longer and with more details. Same goes to other resources, but still - this aspect is very bad minus for the maker.

Didn't know you could "tweak" it... +:oops:

Hmm, I think at the RMVX trailer it said that it was perfect for beginners or was intended for beginners. IDK.
But it really is good for people who aren't good in scripting or handling common events. There's even an automatic inn and door thingy. +::biggrin And you don't need extra scripts to have a face show on the message box.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby bobbydaz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 am

This is interesting. I had thought about it mostly from a graphic perspective for some variety (but only if they are customised, unfortunately a lot of games have come out now with RMVX and they look generic). I imagined that given the Indy treatment a game created with RMVX would look and feel different. If anyone can make it look good, it certainly would be Indy. :)

I had also noticed with Aveyond Gates of Night they were using Enterbrain as the engine.
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby vanijane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:58 am

bobbydaz wrote:This is interesting. I had thought about it mostly from a graphic perspective for some variety (but only if they are customised, unfortunately a lot of games have come out now with RMVX and they look generic). I imagined that given the Indy treatment a game created with RMVX would look and feel different. If anyone can make it look good, it certainly would be Indy. :)

The graphics for the RMVX are smoother and softer compared to RMXP, I agree. And the default face sets/character sets are wonderfully made. But the default enemy sets aren't, at least that's how I see it. 'Coz it doesn't match the character set graphics design whereas in RMXP it did.

bobbydaz wrote:I had also noticed with Aveyond Gates of Night they were using Enterbrain as the engine.

Most RPG games that we play or have heard about here in the "General Games" thread have been created using the RPG Maker Engines made by Enterbrain. :)
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks Bobbydaz. I may try when it's the time to make Legend.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Thaumaturgist » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:36 am

Btw, I noticed that RMVX seems to cleared the trouble with the ogg lag, which was big trouble in XP. Dunno, so it seems with me while clicking around the maker. If this is so, then this is big advantage and chance to use full and more natural music, taking little space, instead of the MIDI ones. But still - the trouble with the graphical resources is bigger +::Annoyed
Thaumaturgist
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am

I have no OGG and no MIDI either in my latest games.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby vanijane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Thaumaturgist wrote:But still - the trouble with the graphical resources is bigger +::Annoyed

Not quite as big since there are a lot of resource sites - IDK about you guys but sometimes google can't have those sites up when you search them 'coz it all in Japanese and stuff. However, I have *yet* to see an RMVX game with ORIGINAL graphics.
ImageImageImage
vanijane
Adventurer

Next

Return to Let's Discuss about Games