Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

XBox Live Indie RPGs

XBox Live Indie RPGs

Postby heratio » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 pm

First, I should apologize for putting up a post similar to this earlier in a forum that I found was largely dead so I decided to put it here hoping more people will see it.

I just noticed that a game called Breath of Death 7 that looks like a NES RPG is coming out to Xbox Live sometime in April. It costs only 80 MS points and comes under an Indie developer program. The game even looks like it took rips from Dragon Quest 2. Here is a link:

http://xboxhornet.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... h-preview/

I'll actually probably get this, it only costs the equivalent of a dollar. It made me think though, why couldn't some of the RPGs being offered here be offered under the XBox Indie developer program. The author of the above game says it is a cheap and easy to use and maybe it would be fairly compatible with the tools used by developers here. The above game is only 4-6 hours and I imagine some of these longer games here could go for a higher price and open up their games to many millions of people. I would love to play some of the games here on Xbox Live. My PC just lags to much to play the games here on it.
From the movie Gladiator: What we do in life echoes in eternity
heratio
Peasant

Re: XBox Live Indie RPGs

Postby bobbydaz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am

Actually that is a very good idea. I have read on Elder Prince's Blog (Blossomsoft, creator of Eternal Eden) that he is planning on porting that game as well as his three upcoming games to the X-box live arcade.

I think that is a huge untapped market and I am glad that you created this topic and brought it up for Aldorlea. :)
bobbydaz
Explorer

Postby D-Squall » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:27 am

Indeed it is, I have a XBOX360 and I have used until I was banned +::cry and it's a huge place for games, it's a great way to Indy to put his games there.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby heratio » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 am

I remember playing some of the Laxius Power games and thought they were the equal of many 16 bit RPGs. I would love to see Indinera and some of the other creators here bring their games to Xbox Live because frankly there are no good or long and epic Xbox Live Arcade RPGs yet and there is definitely a market to fill.

Does anyone have a link to the blog of the Elder Prince saying he will try to port these games to Xbox Live? (EDIT: I found it)
Last edited by heratio on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
heratio
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 am

If it is possible to port those games on a new platform, I will definitely consider it. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby heratio » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 am

It looks like the person behind Eternal Eden is looking for other RPGs that might want to make the transfer to XBox Live and I remember Robert Boyd (mentioned in the original link) saying something like it was really cheap for indie developers to develop for XBox Live in comparison to the Wii or PS3.

Maybe the best thing would be to contact Microsoft's Indie division. Your games would fit well into a huge gap in the XBox Live library since there are no good RPGs for it yet and none of them are close to the length of yours either.
heratio
Peasant

Postby heratio » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Sorry for the double post, but the game Breath of Death 7 was released for XBox Live I believe in every country:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games ... d&p=1&of=0

It seems by ratings that the game is doing pretty well, I really hope some day that some of the games on this site can make it to Xbox Live too because the above games shows there is definitely a market for it, and that was only a 5-6 hour game.
heratio
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 am

wow it looks very old school XD
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby heratio » Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 am

The author of this game posted his sales figures for the first 2 weeks:

http://zeboyd.com/

Almost $6,000 worth of sales in 2 weeks although I'm sure it would be a little less with some fee to Microsoft. Still it is very encouraging and I wonder how it would compare to sales of some of the games here. I would love to see Laxius Force or Aveyond among others make the transition to XBox Live and considering how those games are much larger than Breath of Death VII, they could probably be sold at a higher price. Interesting note, apparently Indie games for XBox Live appear in every country so Japanese gamers are actually purchasing Breath of Death VII.
heratio
Peasant

Return to Let's Discuss about Games