Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Aldorlea Games Emulator: Yes, Maybe or No.......Why?

Aldorlea Games Emulator: Yes, Maybe or No.......Why?

Postby Zenai » Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 am

I dunno about the rest of you but I really like the games Indy(& others) has made due to their nostalgic gameplay style/look not to mention story line/plot. With that being said I would LOVE to be able to play these games on my tablet and phone! How about you? :

Yes, Maybe or No and Why?
Zenai
Wanderer

Re: Aldorlea Games Emulator: Yes, Maybe or No.......Why?

Postby littlebro » Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 am

Tablet, maybe
Phone? Never. Trying to squash the detail of Indy's maps onto such a small screen would be impossible - and yes, I'm taking into account the bigger screens on Android and iphones, but it's still smaller than a windowed screen. Also think of trying to manipulate the controls on screen as well - there are many places where having "fat finger syndrome" would be disastrous.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Zenai » Wed May 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Well I understand where you are coming from littlebro but for the fights, especially the grind fests, this should not be a problem at all. Aside from this there are indeed other RPGs, that are quite successful, of the same nature(Mechanics and Display not story line) that can be played on the phone/tablet with ease. If this can be done I do not see any reason, other than a few tweaks here and there, for Aldorlea Games to not be implemented into these formats either.

Finally I would like to throw out there that there for those of us with fat finger syndrome that just cannot be overcome there are external mini keyboards that you can attach to your phone.

I have this one(I got it for about 1/4th of that listed price): http://www.geek.com/mobile/elecom-mini- ... s-1459739/

It works great with my Android phone and is a literal godsend for all of the issues I have had in the past with small touchscreen display keyboards. Now this one is kinda big but there are more compact ones blended in with a case that act like a slider( For the iPhone enthusiasts: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/typenslide ) so don't discount the availability of this option just shop around for what you want.

For those that just have to have a larger screen no matter what but want everything to be compact still there are lapdocks. Which is basically a gutted mini laptop with connections for your phone. It was first introduced by Motorola as an added feature for the Atrix and has since caught on as a viable way to literally say "My phone is my computer."

Like this one for my phone(it's the one on the right by the way): http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0 ... o=1,00.asp

Overall where there is a will, and google, there is a way to find the accessories you need in order to facilitate something of this nature. All is left over is for the developers to decide if this is a route they would like to go or not and I think this would be highly dependent on demand from their consumers.
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Zenai wrote: If this can be done I do not see any reason, other than a few tweaks here and there, for Aldorlea Games to not be implemented into these formats either.

All is left over is for the developers to decide if this is a route they would like to go or not and I think this would be highly dependent on demand from their consumers.

I wish it were this simple - I think 98% of developers (minimum) would jump at the chance to do cross-platform. Unfortunately, the way in which the game engine is coded means that it is totally reliant on Windows 0S. To be able to port it to anything else (except a Mac, where you can use a Windows emulator) would mean having to re-write the whole program and, as far as I know, Enterbrain won't allow it. So you see it's not just "a few tweaks here and there", but a whole new program - and if it were a new program, then Enterbrian wouldn't allow their material to be used in it. By 'material', I mean everything that you see on screen - the map tiles, the sprites, the battlers, the way events are coded, items, weapons, etc. etc. I think you probably get the picture. By the time that's all been stripped out, there would be nothing left of the original game.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Zenai » Wed May 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Well I am not a developer but I am a gadgets guy and tend to catch wind of new stuff all the time. As a side effect of this I happen to know that there is a lot of Emulators out there and this in itself may be the key to the situation presented. Maybe all that needs to be done is to make the games compatible with "X" Emulator?(many have open source codes)

As a side note I happen to have a PC Emulator on my phone and have Windows XP SP2 loaded on it. I have not loaded any games on it yet but when I get a chance I will try it. If Laxius Force works I will let you know!
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Thu May 16, 2013 6:24 am

If Laxius Force works I will let you know!

Thanks! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Zenai » Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Sorry for taking so long to answer back life happens +::fear At any rate it does work it's just very slow +::cry

If anyone wants to try it out then here is a fairly good video to help you out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUE-gJmcGKk

Again it is quite slow but I did manage to get it to work so it is possible. Enjoy! +::biggrin
Zenai
Wanderer

Postby Zeriab » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 am

You can play Laxius Force using an OnLive client: http://games.onlive.com/games/details/laxius-force
Do note that it requires a controller.
Checkout my game Desecrators
Zeriab
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 am

More might be released via OnLive too :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:34 pm

Why not... Laxius Power? that was "great"!
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:17 pm

that was "free" :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Why not Fan game about Laxius Power ( Maybe argade, And that island(?)... i think use Engine 001, but what is best way make at quest book? swiths vs variables? And because it is different... ( i dont wonna spoil all thinks... but)
( Some items i take at 3 stars destiny... )

Why game making is soo hard? Every time think ( thats giwen too much exp, these persons up too fast... that monster giwen too easy that too good item... ) +::tired ... any way who said it is easy? +:oops:
And thats is one more reason i liked LP... almost all exps are mastery like ballanced!! ;) +::Thumbup
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Return to Let's Discuss about Games