Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Wind Child

Re: New game: Wind Child

Postby horror » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:01 am

Having a problem with the pumpkins at Black Snake Base. The third pumpkin from the left is not lit, and all others are - I have read that this is the correct way to have them lit. I have tried all other combinations as well, to no avail. I still die every time I enter the top left room with the spikes. What am I doing wrong? Is there a reset switch that I'm missing? I've even tried exiting and going back to the caves and coming back in - doesn't work. Help.
horror
Wanderer

Postby nicholas » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:53 am

I think I hit my first glich in the game. After the ship goes down and Alexia is in the dungeon and after she speaks to the figure that comes up out of the floor and she walks back to her bed, nothing else happens. I waited to see if there was a cut scene or something and she didn't move or anything. Is this a glich in the game?? +::O_o
nicholas
Bard

Postby ShadetheMystic » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm

horror wrote:Having a problem with the pumpkins at Black Snake Base. The third pumpkin from the left is not lit, and all others are - I have read that this is the correct way to have them lit. I have tried all other combinations as well, to no avail. I still die every time I enter the top left room with the spikes. What am I doing wrong? Is there a reset switch that I'm missing? I've even tried exiting and going back to the caves and coming back in - doesn't work. Help.

Hm. The pumkins are set up so that if you accidentally flip the third one, you have to flip them all off and start over. There's no reset, but you can turn them all on and off anyways.

This is what it should look like.

nicholas wrote:I think I hit my first glich in the game. After the ship goes down and Alexia is in the dungeon and after she speaks to the figure that comes up out of the floor and she walks back to her bed, nothing else happens. I waited to see if there was a cut scene or something and she didn't move or anything. Is this a glich in the game??

That is indeed a glitch, and the fix has been up for a while.
Raven: You have us, Rowen...if you want, we'll be your family.
Rowen: Even the crazy man?
Homard: Especially the crazy man! Every girl needs a pet!

Mina: I like him. Reminds me of me Uncle Fred.
Simona: Is Uncle Fred senile, too?
Mina: No, but he thinks he is.
ShadetheMystic
Bard

Postby Quimby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Thank you Shade the mystic for helping me. I must be pretty bad at this game because now I am stuck in the abigal fort cistern and cannot find my way out. Can some one help?
Quimby
Wanderer

Candle in Black Snake Caverns

Postby Jake69 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 pm

[color=#4040FF]There is a lit candle on the floor of one of the caves. It jut sits there. What do I do with it?[/color]
Jake69
Wanderer

Postby nicholas » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:38 pm

That's the end!!!!!! that is the fastest game I have played especially for $20. Wow. I hope we get a deal on Wind child White!!!! +::cry +::grrr
nicholas
Bard

Postby Jake69 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 pm

The candle is in the first cave just before you exit. Please, I am about ready to uninstall Wind Child and find something else. I have never had such problems with a game I have bought and played all of your games and enjoyed them very much. I hope you can understand my feelings Am I just not getting it. Please help me.
Jake69
Wanderer

Re: Candle in Black Snake Caverns

Postby briony » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Jake69 wrote:[color=#4040FF]There is a lit candle on the floor of one of the caves. It jut sits there. What do I do with it?[/color]

which caves are you refering to
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby briony » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Quimby wrote:Thank you Shade the mystic for helping me. I must be pretty bad at this game because now I am stuck in the abigal fort cistern and cannot find my way out. Can some one help?

Hi if you pm me I will send you the details of how to get through this area - it is rather large area -
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Csik69 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:10 am

The area I am talking about is The Black Snake Caverns. I have found theCandle on the wall to open the secret room with the money and inventory items. That is as far as I can get. I sure would appreciate any spoilers I can get.
Csik69
Peasant

Postby ShadetheMystic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 am

Quimby wrote:Thank you Shade the mystic for helping me. I must be pretty bad at this game because now I am stuck in the abigal fort cistern and cannot find my way out. Can some one help?

Abigail is a big, big dungeon, and the way out is to find ten switches. It's a daunting task, and I have to admit, that even I have trouble with it. Not helping matters is the fact that the switches have to be flipped in order.

Spoiler: show
This is not the order in which the switches need to be flipped, it's just their locations.

Csik69 wrote:The area I am talking about is The Black Snake Caverns. I have found theCandle on the wall to open the secret room with the money and inventory items. That is as far as I can get. I sure would appreciate any spoilers I can get.

That's the first secret room. If you go north from where that room is, you'll see a white exit. It leads outside. Once outside, follow the path up and you'll be in a different part of the caves. (let's call this different part "Jeff", for simplicity's sake.) Inside 'Jeff' are a lot of little round rooms; find the one that has wooden boxes hugging the right side (as in, not left), and check the candle on the wall.

The candles on the floor, for the most part, do nada.

nicholas wrote:That's the end!!!!!! that is the fastest game I have played especially for $20. Wow. I hope we get a deal on Wind child White!!!! +::cry +::grrr

Oh god yes, I think for White I'll be insisting on setting the price myself. Mind you, it'll be longer then Black, so it might still be $20.
Raven: You have us, Rowen...if you want, we'll be your family.
Rowen: Even the crazy man?
Homard: Especially the crazy man! Every girl needs a pet!

Mina: I like him. Reminds me of me Uncle Fred.
Simona: Is Uncle Fred senile, too?
Mina: No, but he thinks he is.
ShadetheMystic
Bard

Postby briony » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 am

Hi I am in the process of writing a walkthrough/guide for anyone who is interested please pm me and I can e mail it to you I am up to Fremon's friend's house
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Csik69 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:57 am

So I found the candle. I go thru a secret room. I just keep going around and around. I still cannot go any further. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Csik69
Peasant

Postby horror » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 am

Okay - I'm in the freaking lab - in the dark area - door is locked behind me - and I'm looking for some sort of key. I've been through the place three times and I don't find anything. Where is the frakking key? Thanks.
horror
Wanderer

Postby briony » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 am

[quote="horror"]Okay - I'm in the freaking lab - in the dark area - door is locked behind me - and I'm looking for some sort of key. I've been through the place three times and I don't find anything. Where is the frakking key? Thanks.[/quote
Okay I am doing that part now will send you help as soon as possible-
find your way up to the table, then stand at end of table near wall( there will be a passage here) take 1 pace down from table
8paces forward to next passage,(it's actually a "T" junction)face north (upwards) now take 8 paces to wall, 3 paces east to face next wall,5 paces north ( you should now be facing another path (no.1.)go east 6 paces (do not go up 1st or 2nd path(it's the 3rd path)4 paces north(now facing wall)2 paces east)facing wall)up path 4 paces(facing path 1) turn west and go along this path (you will pass 6 more short paths on your right- do not go into any of them, at the end(wall) come down 2 paces; go west 4 paces, up 1 pace, west 3 paces, down 4 paces, (facing wall) west 4 paces (wall)up 4 paces(wall) 2 paces west (wall)up 4 paces, 2 paces west ,8 paces down (facing wall)4 paces west, 5 paces up (wall)1 -pace west, 2 paces up, 5 paces west, now path north 7 paces to table, take key, then 1 pace east, 1 pace north, switch pull down ; lights- now make way back- hope that helps
Last edited by briony on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
briony
DreamLord of Myst

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers