Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Starting from the beginning...anyone else?

Starting from the beginning...anyone else?

Postby kimo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:09 pm

I accidentally posted this in the maps posting yesterday, so this is a repost. +:oops:

In preparation for the upcoming release of the new Laxius game (hopefully before the end of this year), I am going to try playing 3 Stars, Laxius Power Trilogy (that's been over 10 years), and the Laxius Force Trilogy.

LP can be downloaded for free from the non-commercial website if you're interested in that trilogy. It's a very old game and the graphics reflect that age. But, it's one of Indy's 1st games I ever played and will hopefully feel nostalgic.

If you choose to do this too, post your comments here. I'll be checking this forum for anyone who might need help or want to share their experience. +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Starting from the beginning...anyone else?

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 pm

Okay, I found the exe on an old drive. I'll look into starting a replay before the weekend. I also have a guide by Cassie. I can share it if she has no objections. It looks pretty well written and detailed. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Okay, I found the exe on an old drive. I'll look into starting a replay before the weekend. I also have a guide by Cassie. I can share it if she has no objections. It looks pretty well written and detailed. :)

I've seen the guide written by Cassie and I think I have it on my computer somewhere. I bought the guide a couple of days ago, but I'm trying to play without using it (except for the secret room locations).

I joined the LaxiusPower-Shrine website (run by Thaumaturgist) a couple of days ago for Laxius Power info. The first message I received makes it clear the site is an unofficial backup of the LaxiusForce.com and LaxiusForce.org sites, but neither of them exist anymore.

Maybe Indy can offer some insight? I know the LP games are freeware, but I would like to know where would be a good place to post helpful info for other players when I start playing the after 3 Stars of Destiny.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby D-Squall » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:37 am

IIRC there was a topic about Laxius Power in this section of the forum: viewforum.php?f=36

If it hasn't, you can always create one there.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:58 pm

I've already started on 3 Stars. (I think this is the 9th play through and attempting Hard mode lol) Unfortunately, I tried opening the files you sent me Kimo for Laxius Power and they're on WinRar which my Win Open didn't work on it. I'd rather spend/donate funds to game builders than purchase WinRar. I play several games I switch off and on to. So if possible on future posts can we get a 7Zip file instead if Indy gives the okay to post? I also noticed the LP games for sale on another site but I was wondering if Indy gets the money on those? I won't purchase unless he is.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:20 pm

D-Squall wrote:IIRC there was a topic about Laxius Power in this section of the forum: viewforum.php?f=36

If it hasn't, you can always create one there.

@D-Squall Thanks for the info. There have been some recent LP postings (2020), so it looks like Indy is fine with people posting under that section.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:36 pm

I haven't gotten that far into the game yet. I'm traipsing around the crypt with Baretta. Gotta say, it's such a delight revisiting old friends. It's like sitting with family looking at all the old picture albums. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I haven't gotten that far into the game yet. I'm traipsing around the crypt with Baretta. Gotta say, it's such a delight revisiting old friends. It's like sitting with family looking at all the old picture albums. :)

That's the same feeling I have had and why I really wanted to play it again after several years.

I just entered the snowy Valley to North SankT Leona after spending 2 days stacking 2 cords of firewood. Boy, that coastal path is hard to see where to go and I wish I had the fire elemental in the party when I was attacked by Bruce (seriously?) the shark. And don't forget to buy 2 Snow Coats in Xen before you go on the Valley path. Otherwise you need to go back and get them.

I had forgotten how big this game is. And backtracking into the Marsh of Xen to find the 2 orbs, the weather circle, 3 plants, and hopefully everything laying on the ground was intense. Thankfully playing on Normal mode seems easier than I remember from a few years ago. But I still got lost several times.

I'm hoping to get through the snowy valley tomorrow afternoon.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:54 pm

I think you'll have enough time to carry it on properly ^^

https://aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB ... 27&t=10095
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Indinera wrote:I think you'll have enough time to carry it on properly ^^

https://aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB ... 27&t=10095

I think you're right about having time to finish the entire series. I am in the Witch Woods and that area is virtually a game in itself. I never realized how much I appreciated the detailed approach in creating those map location boxes (i.e "Map 1", "Map 2", etc.) in the upper left corner of games until getting lost multiple times in those woods.

IMHO, I would rather wait for what you think the game should be than have you rush anything. In fact, I was very surprised that you planned releasing 2 large games in 1 year. +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:06 pm

@kimo-The inability to save at will is seriously hampering my progress. :( I chose Hard mode this time and the save slots are few and far between. I may just wait and jump in to join you when you move on to LF1.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Lady JJ wrote:@kimo-The inability to save at will is seriously hampering my progress. :( I chose Hard mode this time and the save slots are few and far between. I may just wait and jump in to join you when you move on to LF1.

I am playing in normal mode, but I have to choose when to play so I can hopefully finish a segment. I, too, hate waiting for those bouncing bunnies/frogs to save. I just encountered a "Failed Mutation" yesterday in the Metro area of the Outerworld without being able to save just before. That thing must have had 200,000+ HP. +::grrr

Thankfully there was a rabbit next to some "random" woman in a room so I used the "see a bunny and save" principle. The woman turned into a large green blob and was also incredibly hard to kill (took about 10 minutes). I cannot imagine surviving this game on hard mode with some of the boss-like encounters. +::Dunno

If you find all the Nirum Armor pieces (I had to use old notes to find the final piece in Witch Woods) they can also be equipped on
Spoiler: show
Batabog if you find him in the port and also find the Sailor's Axe to give him. With 3 hits, he usually wipes out the enemy along with 2x Hits from Sarah and a 1st hit by Random. Then adding a 4th character like Herasia, Spark, and Guanadia the Brave to just build their levels works fine.

I was going to try the 3 Laxius Power (not Force) games after this. They are freeware and can be found on reputable sites. I haven't played any of those in close to 10 years because the graphics are definitely dated. But that's part of their "charm".

Are you stayin' dry? We got record rainfall last weekend. +::YAY
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm

I have the Laxius Power games saved on an old computer and I'm fairly certain I have lots of notes. Let me know when you get there. In the meantime, I'll be playing 3 Stars now and then but can't promise to finish.

It's been a rainy year for sure. We just had a nor'easter a few days ago that packed a wallop. So much wind damage, lots of knocked over and uprooted trees, downed fences, etc. We are fortunate to live in a small city with its own municipal electrical plant so most people only experienced outages for a few hours, some up to 24 hours and just a few 36 hours. Neighboring cities/towns lost power for days and some are still without power. Still, we've been lucky thus far with natural disasters. Not like your side of the continent with all those wild fires. :( Hopefully some of that recent rain you had doused a few forests.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Help and Questions