Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

EXCELLENT PLOT, BUT WITH A FEW MISTAKES

EXCELLENT PLOT, BUT WITH A FEW MISTAKES

Postby academus2 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:28 am

Hello, everyone!

In preparation for my purchase and play of LS, I watched a 3SoD playthrough on youtube!

The plot is very intelligent, imaginative and surrealistic, full of witty humour, as I expected, up to the standard I knew from the LF trilogy I own. I like the existence of a meteo in the Hall of Madness very much, for example. The characters' development is nice too. Congratulations!

Nevertheless, there are a some of plot problems.

1) By the time Random rushes to the hut in the lamias' village, Sarah has already complained she is hurt by the boiling water! Therefore, when Random comes back with the millipuff, she should be either dead or severely burnt. She may have healed her own burns as an elf right before or right after healing the millipuff, but this should have been clearly mentioned in the dialogue.

2) After the team returns from the forest ans is sent into prison, there should have been a mention of the rescued pets. How they took them back to town and what became of them.

3) Even in the Hall of Madness, economics in shops work sensibly, like the other worlds. So, it is unclear why someone sells for 1.000 a house that could gemerate them tens of thousands a day.

Especially the first one is an important overlook. I am sure LS plot is epic crazy, but I really hope we do not come across such leaks on the fabric!!
academus2
Wanderer

Re: EXCELLENT PLOT, BUT WITH A FEW MISTAKES

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:31 am

Thanks for your feedback!

I am sure LS plot is epic crazy,

It is, 3S is nothing next to it, in every possible metric.

but I really hope we do not come across such leaks on the fabric!!

Hope not!
Seems to be doing quite well so far, based on the reports I got.

1) I tend to think Sarah is resourceful enough to resist the boiling water more than your average girl.
In LF3 she fends off Hondler for so long who is a far bigger threat.

2) Don't remember this +::Dunno

3) In the Hall of Madness, nothing makes sense. It's a place of chaos and logic is optional. You might see it, you might not. No logic at all is also part of the Hall's "logic".
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Clint » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:23 am

As with any other creative project, there may be some inconsistencies or errors in the LS plot. However, this does not necessarily mean that the plot is bad or unstable. Sometimes, in the process of creating a game, some details may be omitted or changed to improve the gameplay or atmosphere. Of course, taking a critical look at the story is an important aspect in order to improve the gameplay experience and avoid similar mistakes in the future. However, I don't think skipping a few details in the story can completely ruin the gameplay experience, especially if the story is creative, clever, and interesting, as in the case of LS. Overall, I think LS has many positive qualities that can outweigh some of the plot flaws. The game can be a great experience for those who like interesting plots, fun characters, and crazy adventures.
Clint
Peasant

Postby academus2 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:41 am

Hey, guys! Thanks for responding! There is no doubt that these plots are very intelligent, resourceful and surrealist! That's my first remark after all, and the reason I get involved with the whole saga to the first place!

There is no way I could put together such a world as the Depot and the universe it belongs, where medieval fantasy could co-exist with alien technology, and centuries old history with futurism, and so many different characters! That's what I respond to haters of the series too!

I just hope that we don't have many flies in the ointment! +::Thumbup
Last edited by academus2 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
academus2
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:45 am

academus2 wrote:Hey, guys! Thanks for responding! There is no doubt that these plots are very intelligent, resourceful and surrealist! That's my first remark after all, and the reason I get involved with the whole saga to the first place!

There is no way I could put together such a world as the Depot and the universe it belongs, where medieval fantasy could co-exist with alien technology, and centuries old history with futurism, and so many different characters! That's what I respond to haters of the series too!

I just hope that we have avoided many flies in the ointment! +::Thumbup

I would recommend that you pick LS now. It's 3S on steroids! +::grrr +::biggrin
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Help and Questions