Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Bug List - Post Your Glitches Here

Re: 64 bit compatibility

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:07 am

nitemarx wrote:I am having graphic problems which make me think this game is not 64 bit compat. Was it designed as a 32 bit? If so it def is not compat.

I looked for a more experted opinion and here is what i got:

RPG Maker (the engine that made 3 Stars possible) is a 32-bit engine... no 64-bit version has yet to be distributed.

However, Windows provides a layer called "WOW" (Windows on Windows) which allows 32-bit applications to run perfectly fine on 64-bit systems.

So, to answer your question directly... your game will run perfectly fine on any 64-bit Windows system.

So, to answer the question of what all this bit-talk means... all hardware architectures have their base type of a register. The size of the register dictates how large an object it can store at any one time.

As you may have guessed, 32-bit systems have 32-bit registers, and 64-bit systems... well, yes... you get it.

So, when a 32-bit process gets loaded into a 64-bit environment, the data types which were expecting 32-bit storage are type-promoted to 64-bit. Wasteful, but they run just fine.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Bug List - Post Your Glitches Here

Postby saisatyendu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:30 am

i am playing the game 2nd time now as i missed Baretta... on the 1st run there was a witch in a secret room in Mt Zulle area who buys nature items... i couldn't get to her... i was stopped at the grassy area.. in this 2nd run i am not able to find the secret room behind the waterfall in the Turquoise lake area ... it seems to be not there.. but this time i am able to go to the witch and sell my items to her...
saisatyendu
Peasant

Postby saisatyendu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 am

saisatyendu wrote:i am playing the game 2nd time now as i missed Baretta... on the 1st run there was a witch in a secret room in Mt Zulle area who buys nature items... i couldn't get to her... i was stopped at the grassy area.. in this 2nd run i am not able to find the secret room behind the waterfall in the Turquoise lake area ... it seems to be not there.. but this time i am able to go to the witch and sell my items to her...

srry i was looking at the wrong place for the secret room... but the other problem was there... well it works fine now so let's see what else i find out..
saisatyendu
Peasant

Postby Grace » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I am having trouble with Random on Malufus Maze, all the messages that I received trying to help me, says that I have to jump on the diagonals path.
I try in every one of then, and still I can't jump then.
First I was pressing the space bar like I did for Luci and Sara then I change to Enter, still doesn't work.

I am on Random since yesterday. +::tired

If anybody have a solution, please let me know.

Thank you
Grace
Mercenary

Postby klinkous » Sun May 17, 2009 6:03 pm

My biggest bug so far is that randomly during the game, it will freeze, give me a "Script is hanging" error and then completely kick me out. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks!

+::sos
klinkous
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun May 17, 2009 7:00 pm

This usually happens with old or slow computers.... make sure to play the game without any other program running in the background. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Jen » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

When I was leaving the starting town and being chased by the three guards, I got stuck in a situation with one of the guards facing my character, directly on the "square" below him. I would fight the guards, win, and then instantly be forced into another fight with them, with no opportunity to move out of the way. After about 15 times of this, I ended up shutting down the game with a Ctrl-Alt-Del and reloading from a previous save. (I was getting level-ups like crazy, though :p)
Jen
Peasant

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:48 pm

I see that no-one else experienced this bug but I sometimes found myself up against an un-killable Jacobobutch in Witch Woods. There would be a sound to say it had died but it would still be there. Most of the time when I came upon them I would escape the battle as once it cast cemetery I was doomed, this was to avoid having to reload from a long ago save.

Just thought I would let you know.

Angel
Angel
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 pm

It's not a bug, it's several of those monsters hiding behind one +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Oh, I see hehe

If only I coulda stayed alive to kill them all then lol
Angel
Peasant

Postby elcris72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:14 am

I finished all the quests, except the finding the fairy in the Mt. Zulle. Whate ever I do it doesn't seems to appear.
elcris72
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 am

anybody remembers its exact location?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby elcris72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

Indinera wrote:anybody remembers its exact location?

I searched the forum and there is a picture with the location but there is no fairy there.
elcris72
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:39 am

can you post the picture by any chance, it may help me remembering.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby dee0227 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am

I think the one in Mount Zulle was in the town in front of the Weapons Store or maybe a little to the right of there.

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Help and Questions