Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Yggdrasil Gates

Re: New RPG: Yggdrasil Gates

Postby diklazam » Sat May 20, 2017 3:06 pm

I download the new verstion and i dont know how i chages the save files

i have window 7/

tx

my first virsion is on desktop so i dont know where my saves files are.

i understand computers so can someone give me an idea?

tx

p.s even the icon of the game is different.
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 20, 2017 3:19 pm

diklazam wrote:I download the new verstion and i dont know how i chages the save files

i have window 7/

tx

tx

The save files are in a subfolder of your main game folder. The subfolder name is 'save.' Open that folder and you'll see 4 saved game files, file1.rpgsave, file2.rpgsave, etc. There is also a global file and a config file. Copy that subfolder (r-click the folder and select copy from the dropdown menu). Open the game folder of the version you just downloaded. Look for a subfolder called 'save.' If you haven't played / saved any games in that version, you'll not see that folder. Right-click anywhere within the area that's NOT on one of the existing files and select paste from the dropdown menu. You should now have your saved files in the new version and they're still intact within the old version. I know you can drag the subfolder from your old version to your new version, but my way keeps the files in the old version should you ever need them.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Helppp. I dont know how to download the new version??? where is it? I dont have a code!!
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anarcx » Sat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm

diklazam wrote:I download the new verstion and i dont know how i chages the save files

i have window 7/

tx

tx

Hi, like Lady JJ explained before me (thank you by the way), you can either drag and drop your "save" subfolder into the new version folder or copy/paste it.

MONCHA5 wrote:Helppp. I dont know how to download the new version??? where is it? I dont have a code!!

Like stated before, if you have no clue how to access the new version, you can send me a mail or a MP with a copy of your receipt or save folder with your email address and we will send you the new version within a few minutes as soon as we receive your message.
Anarcx
Wanderer

Postby liza » Sat May 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Nhaill is my weakest character. Level 33. I have not upgraded his class as I wanted cleric instead of monk. Have completed Water Temple. How much longer til I can access Summerbeach Church. Since I am going back Faymage Tower should I just go for mage.
liza
Wanderer

Postby MONCHA5 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Ok i already sent you an email with the receipt. Thanksss
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anarcx » Sat May 20, 2017 5:31 pm

liza wrote:Nhaill is my weakest character. Level 33. I have not upgraded his class as I wanted cleric instead of monk. Have completed Water Temple. How much longer til I can access Summerbeach Church. Since I am going back Faymage Tower should I just go for mage.

Nothing is stopping you from going to the church right now
Anarcx
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 20, 2017 9:05 pm

FallenRock Tower: It looks like the timed light the torches puzzle has been increased by 8 units. I can't even imagine what that puzzle was like prior to this upgrade. Even with trimming my nails so I wouldn't hit the up key while trying to hit the down key, I'm still running out of time. Out of curiosity, does using a gamepad take less time than keypresses? Not that I'm going to use a gamepad, just wondering. If there is anyone playing this game who is really good with these timed puzzles, can you please pm me? Thanks.

Love the boulder puzzles by the way. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Anarcx » Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Lady JJ wrote:FallenRock Tower: It looks like the timed light the torches puzzle has been increased by 8 units. I can't even imagine what that puzzle was like prior to this upgrade. Even with trimming my nails so I wouldn't hit the up key while trying to hit the down key, I'm still running out of time. Out of curiosity, does using a gamepad take less time than keypresses? Not that I'm going to use a gamepad, just wondering. If there is anyone playing this game who is really good with these timed puzzles, can you please pm me? Thanks.

We don't really know what to say. All of our testers had an easy time completing those challenges with the mouse, keyboard and gamepad with at least 3 seconds left on the timer. +::fear
The good news is, it's only a side quest so... feel free to skip it.
Anarcx
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat May 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Anarcx wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:FallenRock Tower: It looks like the timed light the torches puzzle has been increased by 8 units. I can't even imagine what that puzzle was like prior to this upgrade. Even with trimming my nails so I wouldn't hit the up key while trying to hit the down key, I'm still running out of time. Out of curiosity, does using a gamepad take less time than keypresses? Not that I'm going to use a gamepad, just wondering. If there is anyone playing this game who is really good with these timed puzzles, can you please pm me? Thanks.

We don't really know what to say. All of our testers had an easy time completing those challenges with the mouse, keyboard and gamepad with at least 3 seconds left on the timer. +::fear
The good news is, it's only a side quest so... feel free to skip it.

Not complaining. I am well aware of my own strengths and weaknesses. I very much appreciate that you lengthened the time. I've left it for now and moved on to the main quest. I'll try it again earlier in the day when my fingers are a bit more nimble. :) I'm loving this game. +::Dance
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun May 21, 2017 12:22 am

I did finally pass the FallenTower torch lighting puzzle. For reference, it took me 10, maybe 11, seconds, and that's probably the maximum time given, as the 5 times prior, the first torch would go out just as the final flame was reaching the fourth torch. I must have somehow shaved a few milliseconds in that final go around. But I'm glad it's done and even gladder for the revised edition. Thanks again.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby diklazam » Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 am

questions:

1. who knows where are the 2 dolls in the quest. (hint will be enough)
2. I found only 3 childern in the wood. how many children from the orphanage should be? and if they all are in the same woodrosest because i was wondering and could no find them.
3. how can i reach stonewald beach to collect shell?
tx
dikla

i found the purple doll
Spoiler: show
in one of the south villages of southern kindom (u need to buy it)
Last edited by diklazam on Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby diklazam » Sun May 21, 2017 9:33 am

+::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

I AM PLAYING THE NEW VERSION AND IT IS SO MUCH BETTER = the fights, the money....

thank you for giving us such a stunning game. you can play if for hours.

cnat have enough words to thank you.

+::clap
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby RRocket » Sun May 21, 2017 10:32 am

After having downloaded the new version, I was immediately stuck by the new format contained in the zip file. Instead of just the .exe file, you included the Yggdrasil Gates sub-directory. Well done. It also helped me locate the save files from all the time I had spent playing the first version, so I was able to continue the game I'd been playing.
I have noticed a lot of complaints concerning the random encounters as you walk through the environment, 200 steps I believe was the comment. Every 200 steps, another fight. Personally, I look for them. I walk the characters around plants and rocks, hoping to get more of them. Mainly because I get experience and my levels go up! Overall, I'm SERIOUSLY enjoying the game. It DOES get a bit frustrating, sometimes, looking for places when you're not even sure you're on the right continent, but I just keep plugging along. Haven't found the jumping boots or whatever they are, or the grappling hook, or the orbiter shifter. No clues as to where they are. I HAVE completed a fair number of side quests, though, which is satisfying.
I really am enjoying the game, though. Much more playability than most of the games of it's type. Lot more puzzles and a lot of exploring. I like that in a game.
RRocket
Peasant

Postby Anarcx » Sun May 21, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm glad to hear that all of you are enjoying it :)

@Diklazam
1.The second doll is on the northern continent, not gonna say more.
2.There is 4 children in the woods, they are all on the same map, so make sure to look carefully.
3.You will need the Grappling hook i believe in order to do it.

@RRocket
The main items such as jumping boots can be obtained by completing the main quests (red marker) on the map.
If you don't know on which continent a quest is, you can refer to your quest journal in the main menu. It is specified on which continent and what zone it can be complete.

Cheers!
Anarcx
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers