Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A Question about Relics and Artifacts

A Question about Relics and Artifacts

Postby gala1954 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 am

After the main quest was over, my stats showed 8/10 relic weapons, 8/10 artifact weapons, 7/9 of relic equipment and 8/9 artifact equipment pieces, Here's what I had (minus the oom sword -- because I missed it, and the silver mist armor because I just couldn't pass up Hero Tales' and the egg of numbu-numbu-nuum that wasn't available until after the main quest)

Relics Where?
Equipment
1 Lady Birsina bracelet Ch. 2 (Indinera Woods) wash basin
2 Lava Shield Snowy Lands, in lava pool
3 epinambeau Mushroom Valley (chest)
4 hero shield Spirit of the Manor will drop
5 vampire noble jacket Last room in mansion before boss fight
6 liberateTuTeMe Outerworlds -- Hotel Cosmopolitan
7 Dajair armor Sold in the desert by merchant
8 Silver mist Reward at level 5 of Peak of Heroes
9 ???

Weapons
1 epinambeau Mushroom Valley
2 Mantalis Outerworlds
3 black hole sword Outerworlds -- Dark Room in Manor of Fools
4 egg of numbu-numbu-nuum After Main Quest, Marshlands
5 Naja Cazul Swamp Dragon drops (random)
6 Hero sword Reward at Level 55 of Peak of Heroes
7 Golden cestus Atlas Cave
8 grandiose axe Atlas Cave
9 ???

Artifacts
Equipment
1 seed pendant Chapter 3, Marshlands, chest
2 wonder eye Chapter 3, Marshlands, Lamia sells
3 palacia hat Metro, Last Station (rafferty cheese area)
4 K28 shield Malfus Maze -- Luci (malfus oracle chest)
5 Laxius armor Malfus Maze -- Luci (2 separate chests)
6 Laxius armor Malfus Maze -- Luci (2 separate chests)
7 Atlas shield Atlas cave
8 Atlas bracelet Atlas cave
9 ???
10 ???

Weapons
1 X-bow Chapter 5, Rillia -- buy from Aaron in Colyseum (don't remember price)
2 burster Chapter 5, Mansion -- apartments
3 Iradias Outerworlds, room near cat village
4 explosion bow Outerworlds, room Dr. Dryper area
5 fibre-factory claw Outerworlds, Cosmo hotel, drop from "hyperstagnation" fight
6 Torkugol Outerworlds -- Hotel Cosmopolitan
7 Bateleur Malfus Maze -- Sarah (secret room 51 - 80,000 G)
8 Oom Atlas cave
9 Eri Shuriken Atlas cave
10 ???

I searched all of the "walkthroughs", but can't find the missing pieces? What are they so I can look around some more. I've played through 3Stars many times and I'm at a loss and the walkthroughs don't help. By the way, "artifact" is only spelled correctly once in all of the walkthroughs. Maybe mellowkat can fix those. They were spelled "artefact" which Is incorrect. He/she did such a great job on the walkthroughs that I hate to be so picky about it! hahahaha

Any help anyone? Can you tell me more artifact or relic pieces you found?

Oh, also, Indy the links to all of the walkthroughs on your moderator site (the list of links) no longer work. I really liked the idea of having all of them in a list, but they don't work anymore, so I guessed they were moved, as they work on the individual links in the posts for the walkthroughs. I hope I'm making myself clear here. By the way, Indy, one of the best things about all of your games is that the text is legible. I have diabetic retinopathy which makes seeing a problem for most computer work. I have to blow everything up to 200% or more to read it. Your games are perfect and I can read them very well without a magnifying glass! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! +::heart +::YAY
gala1954
Wanderer

Re: A Question about Relics and Artifacts

Postby littlebro » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 am

I'll have to go hunting through my notes for their location when I have a bit of time, but a quick look at a late save file shows up these which I can't see on your lists:

Baobab (relic)
Diamond Fist (relic)
Cozca (relic)

EDIT
A very fast look showed up where I got the cozca. When you get past the quarantine guards in the outer world, you go through a gate and move forward. Before going to open the gate which you think will take you back, check a chest in the top left hand corner; that's where it is. The way I've got the before underlined in my notes suggests to me that if you leave it until after you try the gate you can't get it. But maybe it meant something else when I did it - it's a long time ago now!
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:12 am

Even I had no clear idea how many relics there were. I have to say that game was so big it tested my limits. Maybe with better planning I would have been able to stay in control, but this is where lies my "problem", I tend to create following my inspiration of the moment... it can end up pretty chaotic. +::O_o

Oh, also, Indy the links to all of the walkthroughs on your moderator site (the list of links) no longer work. I really liked the idea of having all of them in a list, but they don't work anymore, so I guessed they were moved, as they work on the individual links in the posts for the walkthroughs.

Yes maybe, I don't really remember. Little time to fix it, too. Maybe if someone would offer some help, they could be appointed as moderator? To keep things clean and take care of that kind of things exactly?
After all with release of MM5, the forum should get busier soon, especially since Little Hearts should be following.

By the way, Indy, one of the best things about all of your games is that the text is legible. I have diabetic retinopathy which makes seeing a problem for most computer work. I have to blow everything up to 200% or more to read it. Your games are perfect and I can read them very well without a magnifying glass! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!

You're very welcome, and thanks for your amazing support! :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby gala1954 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Well, I know very little about being a moderator, but I would like to try my hand at fixing those links or other small projects that you might have. I mean when someone plays 3Stars four times in a row just 'cuz there's little going on in their life... hahahahaha... I have the time, that's for sure! I can't say how many times I've played through the LF series, too. I guess you can say I'm a fan of your games. I have really wanted to play your Millenium series, but haven't had the money for it. I do like supporting your projects. I think your creativity is genius -- so if it says there are 10 relics or artifacts when there are only 8, oh well... I'll opt for the creative mind any day. Thanks, Indy... I can't believe you're still moderating this forum after four years. What a fast reply! +::wizard I started playing my first video game in 1978. It was a text adventure -- no graphics at all -- that was on the main frame computer at my job at the bank. We'd all play during breaks. I'm so much more a fan of games that require a lot of thinking and planning, which yours all do, than I am of the "super cool graphics" and fast action of the modern stuff. You take advantage of the modern computers and deliver my favorite games -- RPGs. Did you ever play Never Winter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Ultima, or Final Fantasy or the others from the 1980's and 90's? Oh, I'm sure you don't have the time to fool with such questions. You've got Millenium 5 to deliver! +::Thumbup
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby gala1954 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:23 pm

by littlebro » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:22 pm
I'll have to go hunting through my notes for their location when I have a bit of time, but a quick look at a late save file shows up these which I can't see on your lists:
Baobab (relic)
Diamond Fist (relic)
Cozca (relic)

Thanks, littlebro. I have those items, although the Cozca I got the third time through when I just happened to notice the blue chest before trying the gateway. hahahaha... what a tricky one! I was making my list from the walkthrough and I missed those. The game was on my other computer, so I couldn't reference it. Good eye, littlebro! No luck on the artifacts though, huh? I wanted to post the list for others who have the question, as I have seen no other link addressing these pieces of equipment or weapons in the forum. I just thought it might be helpful to others who had the same questions I had.
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby gala1954 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:05 pm

Okay, I have revised my lists and now I am only missing one relic equipment, one artifact equipment, and one artifact weapon. I have a theory... I think that there were three things that should have been in the specialized categories: Uzair cane (artifact weapon), Yveen bracelet (artifact equipment) and Armor of the Roots (relic equipment) that weren't so noted as such in the programming code or with their descriptive names. They can all be equipped by Baretta and she is the freak about relics and artifacts, isn't she? Just a thought. I think they may be the missing pieces because of a programming glitch. Then again, it's only my theory judging by the storyline and the general theme of awesome weapons, etc. What are your thoughts guys? These would make the lists complete.
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 am

It's a possibility for sure, but I wouldn't like to say for definite because in so many of Indy's games people don't find stuff for ages (despite multiple replays - I know!!) and I suppose it's always possible that someone will stumble on something. However, it sounds a good theory.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby gala1954 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 am

Well, I just figured out the missing relic equipment... the oraklion. I think i didn't remember that one because you get it and give it up about two seconds later to the guy in the fighter's guild in SankT Leona. So that problem is solved. Now for the missing two artifacts: one weapon and one piece of equipment. I'm playing thrugh with Yveen in Hell Mode and maniac encounter rate. It took me twenty tries at least to get past the stuipid imp and his cronies! I never had a hard time with him before. Maybe it's because I have Yveen and have had to level her up, too. Makes for less leveling for others. I must be nuts... but Yveen gets a nice piece of equipment in the fighter's guild fromthe chest. I liked it better than Sarah's nymph ring, to I got that. I'll let you all know how that goes... Thanks for all of your help. Time to head out for Xen, the swamp monster, with my bromium and mithril. But first those ugly spiders in the fighter's guild and the rescue... then the thief's guild.. Ah, so many things to do. You're a genius, Indy!
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby gala1954 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 am

Okay, everyone. It's definite, now... I have lost my mind! +::clap I just finished battling Neyn on Hell Mode with Lisa, Batabog, Random, and Luci. I think it took three hours! It was insane! Thank heavens for the totems of evil, though I had used about 8 of them before I got to Neyn and used my clock of doom on the Dragon Lord in the Atlas Cave. This was my last battle, too. Glad I had so many moon dews and health elixirs (thank you Outerworlds merchant). The totems of evil finally cursed Neyn so he couldn't kill me with his spells. Had Lisa in the Nirum armor to make her "Johnny of the Spot" first to go with the potions to heal eeryone or bring them back to life. Now Hell mode, maniac encounter rate, might qualify me for insanity, but I turned around and started the 3rd goodie with all of the characters at the start. The cool thing is that Baretta has a relic weapon called Sequoia that isn't in the other game, unless I missed getting it somewhere. I'm in the "trial" at Mt. Zulle, leveling everyone up for the journey to Xen now. I know, I'm nuts... Oh, well. I'm sure Indy's thinking maybe I should move on to Millenium or something. Hey, I already played the freebies on the first two of those, but now i have to wait for some $$$ to buy them. hehehehe

One question, what does "story mode" mean on the 1st goodie? Isn't that the normal game play? Or is it something a little different. The links to the esplanations don't work, so I couldn't read those... just downloaded them to my save folder. Thanks.
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:22 pm

On other games at least, 'story mode' means that there are very few fights. It's so you can concentrate on the story itself, rather than battles. Never having played it, I'm not sure exactly how it differs from 'easy'. If you've been enjoying 'hell' mode, I wouldn't have thought story mode was quite your thing
littlebro
Ranger

Postby gala1954 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:00 am

littlebro wrote:On other games at least, 'story mode' means that there are very few fights. It's so you can concentrate on the story itself, rather than battles. Never having played it, I'm not sure exactly how it differs from 'easy'. If you've been enjoying 'hell' mode, I wouldn't have thought story mode was quite your thing

Oh, I see. Well, I' just killed Ozur in Outer Worlds and am about to enter the Malfus Maze. I played this on "easy" this time, but maniac encounter rate. I don't see how you could beat the monsters on story mode that are hard. I''m kicking everyone's butts now because I"ve spent a lot of time leveling everyone. It's really fun to not have to go back to places with Luci or Baretta since you already have them with you and Batabog can kill stuff early on. I always make it a top priority to get all of the Nirum equipment as soon as I can get to the mansion house and equip it on Batabog. Wish me luck and thanks for your explanation. Doubt that story mode would be my thing, either. Sounds like easy with a low encounter rate. I don't know if the monsters' stats are low, too, but probably so. Anyway, I think I like 3rd goodie the best so far, just in case you wanted to know. hahahahaha... July I should have some $$$ coming in and Maybe I'll actually start Millenium series in earnest. The trials looked like a lot of fun, but they're always too short, right? Just enough to get you interested, huh, Indy? Maybe I'll see you again on the Millenium forums.
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:36 pm

The trials looked like a lot of fun, but they're always too short, right? Just enough to get you interested, huh, Indy? Maybe I'll see you again on the Millenium forums.

The MM games are far from "short" but if you want a big epic go for The Book of Legends or Asguaard, for sure.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)