Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Wishing for a Pause

Wishing for a Pause

Postby gjkris » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm

There are times when it would be nice to have a pause feature in the game. Like need a little break, the phone rings, the kids are fighting, someone is at the door, etc. I think you get the picture. This way time doesn't just keep running in the game and you don't have to hope for a bunny or just kill your current progress. Hoping future games by Indy might include this.

Thanks for the great games and all the fun I have had playing them. +::YAY
gjkris
gjkris
Peasant

Re: Wishing for a Pause

Postby Mystsong » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:37 pm

If you switch to another window or minimize the game it pauses.
ImageMyst was my name first and I ain't changing it!
Mystsong
Mercenary

Postby flavie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:26 am

Indeed, when there's no rabbit around.
When I'm in a dead end I press the Windows flag key to leave the game! The game pauses then, in fact?
If you love searching the truth, fight for human race,good and bad sex, sadism to stop, the prequel is WTF
Read "The sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind in your language or English. Read the prequel after "the Confessor" to not be spoiled.
flavie
Explorer

Postby LizzyBug » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 am

I found the best way to "pause" the game is to hit the esc button and just walk away. I ended up getting more game-time that way, but I was able to walk away to do the stuff I needed. I even left the house for an afternon appointment and dinner once.
LizzyBug
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 am

Yes, when you are in the menu, nothing moves or changes, but the game time. +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby *Logan* » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am

The only time it really matters if you can pause time or not in a game is if you earn some type of reward at the end of the game for beating it within a certain amount of time. The Resident Evil series comes to mind for rewarding players who beat the game quickly.

In an RPG, generally there is no reward, it doesn't really matter at all if the timer keeps going while you go do whatever you gotta do.

Simply go into the game status screen or whatever while you do what you gotta do.
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)