Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Frequency of Monsters

Frequency of Monsters

Postby earthshoes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Because I'm not a "serious" gamer ;) I set the monster frequency at normal and have discovered that whatever normal is--ain't me. :) Because if this is "normal" then I'd hate to see the next level +::fear . I've made it as far as Xen (with Barretta in tow), but I have a feeling I missed a lot along the way simply because I was so busy fighting monsters I was too frustrated to explore very far, which is a shame because the scenery is terrific.

Is there a way to reset the frequency of attacks to "easy" in mid game or do I have to restart? I loved Laxius Force and am excited about Three Stars, but this reminds me of the ghost's mind and how I paid that guy some money to slow down the frequency of the attacks and it didn't seem to work.

Many thanks.
earthshoes
Peasant

Re: Frequency of Monsters

Postby Indinera » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi,
you can only set that at the beginning of the game.

For your style of playing I recommend EASY mode and LOW encounter - plus remember most fights can be escaped (ESCAPE command)

:)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby earthshoes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Thank you Indinera.

Maybe instead of "Easy" the name should be "Those who want to stop and smell the flowers and not be eaten by rabid chocolate bunnies whilst doing so." :)
earthshoes
Peasant

Postby firefly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:45 pm

lol, well, I am quite happy with normal mode... but as I played LP games, I knew any other setting would make me go crazy.
My dwellings: The Glade and Eridani's
Anyway, if I wanted a complex story led by dynamic characters that aren't easily categorised into facile dichotomies of good and bad with no clear arc or easily predicted outcome, I'd have left the theatre and lived my damn life. Brownian
firefly
Bounty Hunter

Postby Mystrys » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:30 pm

It would be nice to have the option to toggle encounters on/off after completion of main quest and game. ;)
Wandering around the earlier stages of the game with level 95+ Heroes trying to finish off quests, or find those missed secret rooms, then being hassled by low level monsters, for a 5 second fight and 20xp, makes it a bit irritating. +::grrr
Million to One chances happen 9 times out of 10. Terry Pratchett
Mystrys
Mercenary

Postby fluxgfx » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 am

It would be nice to be able to toggle encounter levels and also set it to OFF.... sometimes your just in a hurry to get the HELL OUT! lol.

+::YAY
fluxgfx
Peasant

Postby linc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:59 am

I chose normal mode...but I regret it
If I knew there would be so many monsters I would have chosen low encounter rate...
there's no need of many monsters cause the charas lvl up very fast with the xp pumpkins, concentration spell, seed pendant, and the southern beach prizes...
linc
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 am

Normal mode has nothing to do with encounter rate though.
What you would want to do is Low Encounter + Easy Mode. +::shhhh
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Harlow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am

My first time around, I chose normal difficulty, and low encounter (I learned from other games that I get frustrated with too many encounters when I want to get somplace +::lol ). For me, that's the perfect combo. Btw, I love that we get a choice! ;)
Harlow
Explorer

Postby Destinye » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:28 am

I must be insane - the second time around I played in hard-maniac mode, oh boy! I did finish tho!
Destinye
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:03 am

Destinye wrote:I must be insane - the second time around I played in hard-maniac mode, oh boy! I did finish tho!

That sounds awesome.
I love playing in Hard mode. +::whistle +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Yvonnee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Yay !
I was in the same situation, I wanted to choose Easy in Encounter mode at the beginning but then I changed my mind & I made a mistake after all this .... +::tired

Even though there's "escape" option but I was really really upset & tired because the monsters filled everything up ... I just killed them in this corner but after 3 or 4 steps I met them again ... :( the worse thing is they're all invisible so I couldn't avoid them as well ...

Anyway, thanks to deadly sin & now 3 stars I get used to with them xD ... yea, seriously +::biggrin

p/s : I wondered how "hell-ish" the Hard mode would be ... +:::| haha !

+::heart
Yvonnee
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Hard Mode is a joy to play for hard core gamers like me lol

I want to add there is a new build of 3 Stars in which you can have like 26 steps between encounters.
Fanservice, yeah. +::biggrin

Now you've played 3 Stars, I recommend you stick around.
In 10 days comes Laxius Force II, and I can tell it is a truly great game!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby *Logan* » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 am

I personally have no issues with the frequency of monsters in normal encounter mode, or whatever I choose that was "normal".

As mentioned, if you get frustrated with battles sometimes, and you just want to go somewhere, or get something done, you can simply escape the battle.

I've found it's extremely rare for me to not get away. I try to keep my SPD stat high with everyone. I imagine that helps escape battles...
*Logan*

*Logan*
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:22 am

Exactly - that depends on speed.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to 3 Stars of Destiny - Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)