Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Alise's tournament - please help

Alise's tournament - please help

Postby frjulka » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

I am at the point of going to explore and attack the Dome. knowing from the walkthrough what's gonna happen (ty, Mellowcat) i wanted to try and finish Alise's tournament.... which i fail every time- Alise just beats down all my not very active caracters(all are at least lvl40)...

Is there a strategy, like paralising her or something ? I can't imagine i'd have to spend hours in Western Lands to level up...

Please +::sos thanks!
frjulka
Peasant

Re: Alise's tournament - please help

Postby woolf223 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:11 am

me too the same problem as i played it first,i didn´t also stand a chance against her.paralyzing or so,i tried, but didn´t work,maybe we must have a little luck to paralyze her or plague or anything else.i play lf1 the second time and try it one more time,hope i´m a litlle luckier as in the first round +::cry
your life you should guard,´cause sometimes it´s getting hard.

woolf223
Bard

Postby SurferGranny » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Maybe someone else will answer, but I think the tournament is more for LF3. +::shhhh
ImageImageImage
I'm a member of an Aldorea Menage. Want more info? Click here
SurferGranny
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Kale » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:08 pm

There's no guarantee that the Alise Tournament will be accessible in LF3. There's a good chance it might be though; if for no other reason than to let the LF3 characters have a chance at it.

It is available for some time in LF2 though, so most of your characters will still be able to complete it in LF2 when your characters will be at higher levels and have better equipment. As far as strategy, I think there was some kind of paralysis bomb that usually got recommended against her. It's not a 100% chance of success, but if you do the tournament enough times, the paralysis will eventually take.
Kale
Explorer

Postby frjulka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 am

Thank you all for your replies. I tried a couple of dozens more times with Sandy and Marion at lvl53 - they both get smashed with the first attack. I think I won't have enough patience to lvl them up more. I don't really know what the items for reward are worth, but the 10 000 EXP are ridiculous at this point (IMHO).
frjulka
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:28 am

The game won't recognize that you are too leveled up +::biggrin

And why the H in (IMHO)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby frjulka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 am

Well, that's not fair +::grrr However, trying to get every single trophy takes away some fun out of the game, so I'll just go on with the adventure.

And H is for honest (not sure if it's grammaically correct to say that, but lots of people do).
frjulka
Peasant

Postby anu rulz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:17 pm

even i wud like help wid the strategy to win over alise..she kills off my team very easily.. +::cry
anu rulz
Bard

Postby E-Daddy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

I LOVE tournaments like these! Been participating in them since the Eva tournament in LP1! Strategy and equipment is key to winning these tournaments. So is disabling your opponent and using buffing/debuffing skills! I have won the Eva tournament with EVERY character in LP1 before and I believe its possible to do so with Alise as well although some characters require a HUGE amount of luck to win (like Leanda in the Eva tournament.)
E-Daddy
Peasant

Postby E-Daddy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:35 am

Well, I know now that Sandy is beatable. Equip Laser Gun, Banshee Cape (from Chapter 3), and any other eq that will increas eher speed. Make sure she is at least lv32 and use Gasification in battles 2 & 3 (you can in Battle 1, but it doesn't matter since she's so easy.) For Alise, use Sandy's Mind Snap or a Paral Bomb (obtained once again in Ch3) to paralyze her. If it works, you can finish her off easily. As I said before, strategy and equipment is key to winning these battles. That's what makes tournaments like these so fun!

As for Marion, she would actually be easier than Sandy if it wasn't for her extremely low speed. Because of this, Marion will likely lose in the last 2 battles before she even gets an attack in!
E-Daddy
Peasant

Postby kimo » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:45 pm

I chose to post this here after looking for some info on this tournament and found the topic to be a bit lacking.

Basically, this tournament can be easily won with some luck. Here is what I was able to do when returning later in Chap. 4 just before exploring the Arvendel Dome.

I was able to defeat all the tournament enemies with minimal problems when against the following 4 characters so I didn’t keep track of exactly what I did.

Random (lvl 53)

Sarah (lvl 52)

Louis (lvl 43)

Wendala (lvl 43)

However, the following characters were very problematic for me. It took me ½ day of experimenting with different equipment and spells to win with the following characters. I don’t ever want to do that again so I took notes.

Askhbar (lvl 33): After many failed attempts, I bought him the Grandiose Axe from Baretta. Expensive but worth it if mercantile points high (Pheasant Hat and Joshua in party). He has some of the poorest available weapons and this will certainly change his usefulness in exploring the Dome. Equipped with Grandiose Axe, Crystal Madu, Legendra Helmet (pre-emptive), Gorgonum Skin, Legendra Necklace and just use his basic attack.

Brussian (lvl 36): Equipped him with Cerberus Jaws (infl. plague), Crystal Madu, Feather d’An, Leopard Coat, SankT Baachen Mantle. Use skill “Lethal Move” on 1st three enemies and used Omega Budon vs. Alise as a last resort.

Cocka (lvl 40): Standard ATK except used Bazooka (item) vs. Alise.

Marion (lvl 41): Equipped Rotor Ghog (poor weapon), Crystal Madu, Legendary Helmet (pre-emptive), Elvin Mithral Mail, Legendra Necklace. She had High DEF and used bazookas (item) on Alise. Used "Poison Trap" on 1st 3 enemies.

Sandy (lvl 36): High MN and SPD help. Equipped her with Laser Rifle, Yveen Trangle Shield, Tungsten Brain Booster, Elven Astral Outfit and Orb of Value. Laser rifle does serious damage.

And the 2 most useless Characters:

Herbert (lvl 29): Equipped Omen Sword (infl. plague), Crystal Madu, Legendary Helmet (pre-emptive), Gaes Horned Armor (counter-hit), Miracle Key. Used "Paladin Bade" skill on 1st three enemies and then 2 Lasers (item) to inflict broken on Alise.

Joshua (lvl 31): Equipped Daghamaen, Aegeon, Legendra Helmet (pre-emptive), Clerical Guilded Robe, Legendra Necklace. Cast "Anti-Psalm" each round.

If you're playing this game after so many years, good luck and have fun. +::clap +::YAY
Hopefully, I'll get to LF2 after next week. This may be the first time I have ever wanted Indy to take his time in releasing LS. +::shhhh
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions