Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Tyrine-haunted house-new room

Tyrine-haunted house-new room

Postby raindear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:13 am

Ok, the walkthrough says,

"45. Go to leave and dont a few more times and you will be transported to another room with a chest. Open it to get an aquapunga flower."

How many is "a few more" times? I went to leave and don't 25 times and still wind up in the same room with the open chest the Rotor Ghog was in every time. As far as I can find, there is no "other room" and no "aquapunga flower". With the constant red blinking screen, and healing my characters, and not finding the room, I have such a headache, now.
raindear
Peasant

Re: Tyrine-haunted house-new room

Postby littlebro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 am

Because this is a 'random' event, there is no way to predict how often you have to do it. You seem to have hit a particularly unlucky patch. I know it may seem doubtful, but there is genuinely another room. What you could do is do a bit more of this whole area and come back to this bit before finishing it off, as you only get one visit to there
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 am

As for the constantly healing and flashing screen - I don't remember exactly who I had in the party there, but there were two I think with purity ring or whatever to keep the poison away, and I just let the others bite the dust. You can still beat the battles with only two, you save a lot of healing items and it's better for your sanity, lol.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Also, couldn't Luck Ring (if you have it) possibly help to increase the chance of getting to the room? (I'm not sure about this, just an idea.)
Tomas
Ranger

Postby raindear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Ok, before my first post, I tried a number of times I didn't count, reloaded the game, tried another number of times I didn't count, reloaded the game, tried 15 times, reloaded the game and tried 25 times. Then, I asked here. After getting your answers, I equipped the Luck Ring. Of course, only Random can use it, so he was then susceptible to the poison, but after several more times, it still didn't work. Then, I went ahead and did most of the rest of the area. I now have the Wurm and the island next to him and the gates where the Boss is left to do. Everything else is done. I can't get onto the island near the Wurm either before or after I kill him. I have made several attempts to get into the other room with an aquapunga flower without success, though I do know where that room is located, now. All I can think of to do at this point is to try several more times to get into the "other" room and onto the island near the Wurm. If that still doesn't work, I guess I'll just leave those two areas undone, and finish the boss and forget those two items. Drat and Durn. Thanks, anyway.

Edit:Of course, as soon as I posted this and went back to the game I managed to get onto the island by the Wurm. Still couldn't get to the "other" room, though. I guess I have to just give up on that.
raindear
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 am

Sometimes, RNG just doesn't play in your favour. Still, 40+ tries seems to be a lot.
And I played this part of LF so long ago, that I don't remember how many tries were needed.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 am

Instead of walking on the top exit square, try walking on the bottom one.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am

And if you don't manage to get there, just forget about it. An Aquapanga Flower really isn't an important item.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby raindear » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:35 pm

OK, I have about an hour of progress into chapter 3 now, and I went back to my haunted house save. I did the leave and dont 10 times at the top of the path-no go, then I did 1 leave and dont at the bottom of the path-got to the "other" room in 1 try. So, I am posting this for anyone else who has this issue. Now, I just have to decide whether I want to do from here to where I am now over again. +:::|
raindear
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm

raindear wrote:Now, I just have to decide whether I want to do from here to where I am now over again. +:::|

I would return back, otherwise you will always say to yourself "I could have done it better"...
That's one the reasons why LF is so good.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:42 pm

First of all, glad my solution worked, a pity I didn't post earlier... Indy is so tricky with his games, especially LF series +::biggrin And yes LF Series are good and I sometimes hate when I miss things like that (And I once replayed LFI while I was in Chapter 6, because I didn't have much money to buy Baretta's stuff...) But it's only one Aquapanga Flower. So no worries. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby raindear » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:52 am

I redid from there again. It would have haunted me til I did, anyway.
raindear
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:48 am

raindear wrote:I redid from there again. It would have haunted me til I did, anyway.

Haha, this is a well known feeling for people playing Indi's games... +::Thumbup
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions