Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

First message and a word of appreciation

First message and a word of appreciation

Postby kalbun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Hello everybody, this is my first message in the community.

I am a seasoned player, but I discovered Aldorlea only recently (thanks to BFG).

After completing 3 stars of destiny, I'm currently playing LF1 and Millenium 1.

I like this game a lot.

It is full of humour and I also found true gems of wisdom here and there... like the short incursion inside the mirror, that made me think: "what would say MY mirror image??"

Keep on with your great work :)

-- Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Re: First message and a word of appreciation

Postby loof123 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:09 pm

If you saw that mirror thing you must be pretty far ahead in the game and I love that quest. Hopefully you'll play other amazing games such as TBOL, Moonchild, Asguaard etc. But I recommend you to finish LF series because they're my favorite games.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby kalbun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

I am not so happy to know I'm near the game end!! Fortunately there are still LF2 and LF3.

At the moment I am attempting to complete as many sidequests as possible, before attacking the Dome. I am attempting to level up all characters to level 40 (Random, Sarah and Marion are already above) in order to select the best party.

One question: there is a sort of gap between 3 stars and LF1. Also, I saw on the forum references to books, which I suppose can fill this gap and describe, for example, the attack to Metrolia.
Where can I find the "missing links"?

--Kalbun
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Hello and welcome here!

No worries, LF will keep you entertained for much longer! Especially LFIII will take you weeks!!!
As for the gap between 3Stars and LF, yes, there are books. The one that sort of fills that gap is "4 Stars of Destiny".
http://www.lulu.com/shop/alan-pendragon ... 45675.html

But you might be happy to hear that apart from LF there are three other games - Laxius Power. The visuals are not so great cause they are not made with RPG Maker XP, but you'll forget about that soon as they are great games as well.
AND they are free!!! You should still find download links here:
http://www.laxiusgames.org/phpbb3/
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Fire Guild is a great place to level them up. Pick easy and whoop whoop whoop. Random's Gates of Thunder is good. And Heavenly Dragons in Trial of Heroes is good as well but you're not there yet. And you really shouldn't have leveled up Marion so much... :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby kalbun » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 pm

loof123 wrote:Fire Guild is a great place to level them up.

Personally, I am wandering around in the 1001 lakes areas. It's full of stupid squids, sea dragons, and St Helms, they are so easy to kill and give a good amount of XP

loof123 wrote:And you really shouldn't have leveled up Marion so much... :)

Gosh... that sounds **creepy**. Should I expect a betrayal? But please don't spoil!! I'd like to discover from myself +::biggrin

--Kalbun
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby kalbun » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:As for the gap between 3Stars and LF, yes, there are books.

Hi, thanks for the message. I checked the link and - wow! It's a true paperback! - I expected an e-book, really +::O_o

I also have had a look at the other link, and it is still working. As soon as I have a bit of time I'll take a better look and download everything.

Cheers

--Kalbun
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

You're welcome! :)
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 pm

"
kalbun wrote:
loof123 wrote:Fire Guild is a great place to level them up.

Personally, I am wandering around in the 1001 lakes areas. It's full of stupid squids, sea dragons, and St Helms, they are so easy to kill and give a good amount of XP

Oh right it's LFI... I thought it was LFII. Luci's Lava Wall can kill them quite quick...

kalbun wrote:
loof123 wrote:And you really shouldn't have leveled up Marion so much... :)

Gosh... that sounds **creepy**. Should I expect a betrayal? But please don't spoil!! I'd like to discover from myself +::biggrin

--Kalbun

I won't spoil it... But the same thing goes for Sandy and Louis as well. Just a tip. You should level them up after the dome. No worries the game doesn't end there. :)

And About the book it covers the game Laxius Power 1. To discover the rest I suggest you play the series indeed.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby kalbun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 pm

loof123 wrote:I won't spoil it... But the same thing goes for Sandy and Louis as well. Just a tip.

Yes, now I understand your suggestion. Very sad.... :(

loof123 wrote:No worries the game doesn't end there. :)

Indeed, I am fighting against the virus. I am unable to pass the third wave of enemies, the glueing spell is terrible and it seems there is no countermeasure. I have Random at lvl 50, I also put in the team Sarah (lvl 45) and Yveen (40), then tried Wendala or Herbert (both 35) with no result.

--Kalbun
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Indinera » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm

A brilliant strategy can make a huge difference in that sequence. I don't remember exactly why but I think the best party is:
Random-Yveen-Wendala-Herbert (with Legendra Helmet otherwise he's just so dam slow lol)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 am

Indeed Yveen should be in your party at all costs. She has great healing and boosting spells. And it might just be me but I didn't use Herbert. I used Cocka instead. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:38 am

was he good?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kalbun » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:18 pm

loof123 wrote:Indeed Yveen should be in your party at all costs. She has great healing and boosting spells. And it might just be me but I didn't use Herbert. I used Cocka instead. :)

At my fourth attempt I made it!

My party was Random, Sarah, Yveen and Wendala. I used fury spells, sun flasher, some armageddon and a lot of healing tsunami.
Also, while the Random and Yveen were hammering the strongest enemies, Sarah and Wendala took care of evil drops (those that may glue, I don't remember exactly the name).

Wow, epic fight! +::O_o

Later, I discovered that the angel just outside the trial sells rings that protect from glue/fagocitation/whatever. DARN! I did the triple of fatigue for nothing +::biggrin

--Kalbun
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:28 pm

soooo you finished the game??
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin