Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Metrolia ruins

Metrolia ruins

Postby txmimi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 am

I am trying to run through the Metrolia ruins and get the various goodies in there, but don't get far without dying. Will I be able to come try this area again if I leave now and move on the segment about Tyrine? I enjoy rpg games, but really dislike the grinding. . . it just doesn't seem worth it to me to spend hours making tiny increments of experience. My characters are 17, 18 and 19 right now. I also don't want to spend time trying to accumulate 12000 gold to buy the terror sword, when you get only 2 and 3 for lizardmen, bones, etc. Sigh. . . sorry for the whining.
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Metrolia ruins

Postby D-Squall » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 am

The items you find here it's not mandatory. But you can't return there later, so you must take it now. It's all about evading the powerful enemies, some you have to kill I think... by using Omega Budons. If you're following the walkthrough, you should have some by now.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby txmimi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 am

Well, I have done everything listed in the walkthrough up to the Metrolia ruins part and am only levels 19 and 20. I don't understand how I should be level 26 or higher, which is what it takes for Sarah to have some really good attacks. I managed to kill one set of vampires/chests, but it took all the budons I have. And killing the big hydra is out of the question. So I guess I'll just keep limping along. . .
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 am

I did manage the entire area without wasting my Omega Budons, but only because I kept levelling my characters. It's possible to kill all the monsters there (all but the black wraiths), but you need a lot of luck and patience.
For me evading the monsters was never a choice. I never managed to escape the fast vampires. People said it's doable, but I really don't know how. So for me it was either leaving the goodies there or levelling up. And leaving them there was never an option!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:18 pm

txmini: I really recommend buying the Torrent Blade, it makes the beginning of the game much easier and it's useful even later in the game. (You can get enough gold for Q13 - Find Pirate Treasure.)

As for the ruins, Luck Ring is very useful. It's quite accessible, though - in the first map. (I mean the first of the two "dangerous" maps.) And the Seed Pendant from the second map helps a lot, too. Problem is, that even Omega Buddons won't help if your party isn't able to use them, i.e. being faster then the Wraiths and survive the first round. As far as I know, there's no "trick" how to get around it, you need to be something like level 30 (including Cocka-Cocka) to do it with Omega Buddons, or even level 40 without them.

P.s. The fastest way of levelling is killing the respawning Mist wraith in the first map, because Cocka-Cocka cannot train at the Mermaids. Ironically, it gets much easier once you get the Seed Pendant, i.e. exactly at the moment when you don't need to level anymore...
Overall, it takes a few hours of "grinding".
Tomas
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree, this is absolutely worth levelling up for. I hate having my party die, but to get to that final chest with the seed pendant plus other goodies, it was worth it - grab them and then know that chances are you won't get back out again. What I did to reduce the pain of losing 10% of my gold was to eliminate the enemies on the first screen, but not open the chest with 4000+ gold until afterwards. Also buy wood logs that you can sell for a profit in Tyrine. Then losing 10% of not much is bearable.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Ha, I was always much to greedy to lose any gold! I'd rather walk to Random's hut to rest frequently! +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Ha, I was always much to greedy to lose any gold! I'd rather walk to Random's hut to rest frequently! +::biggrin

Yeah, me too, but I found that even with full HP I couldn't at that stage finish off the 2 Holocaust Wraiths that appeared together, so I always went down.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 am

No, I left them alone too. But with all the rest killed those were quite easy to dodge.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby txmimi » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 am

I appreciate all the tips, friends, but it seems pretty hopeless to me. I would love to buy the torrent blade, but am WAY short of enough gold. I may go back and start completely over, trying to accumulate more money this time, or I may just give up. As I said earlier, I enjoy these games, but really don't have the patience for the grinding, so if there's loads of that, then I'll probably just give it a pass. I do thank you all for trying to help!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 am

Have you done the mermaid side quest? The gold bars from that give you 16000g, way more than enough to get the torrent blade
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Gold bars are the key element to completing chapter 1 fully. 8)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby E-Daddy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Indinera wrote:Gold bars are the key element to completing chapter 1 fully. 8)

Agreed there. BTW I LOVE your games. They make you think and I like that! I have been playing your games since the LP (Laxius Power) days! I love Millenium and the whole storyline as well although I only played the first game so far. I am getting back to playing LF all over again since I have the entire series now! :)

As for the ruins, the first "danger" screen is very doable. All you have to do is dodge the sole vampire there and the Luck Ring is yours!

The second screen however, I don't see any way of dodging the vampires + chests! So really the only way (as other people pointed out) is to KILL the monsters! (the vampires only -- the other monsters are dodgable) The bad thing is you have to do this in the confines of Chapter 1 which is really bad, because you can't even fight monsters like these until much later in LF1! My plan I guess is to use the Buddons to kill the vampires! They would be useful later, but there's plenty of game left and plenty more chances to get more buddons, right?

Which brings me to another question -- Torrent Blade or Burning Ground + Pap Powder? You can't get them both (there's not enough gold in Ch 1 for this) so you have to choose. The free walkthrough recommends you get the ground and powder, but I heard that the Torrent Blade is very powerful! Which one is better to get, the blade or the ground and powder? In case you don't know,
Spoiler: show
the ground and powder can be bought from Douglas the Merchant after you complete the cannibal village quest (don't know how to spell the village name, sorry.)
E-Daddy
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am

Agreed there. BTW I LOVE your games.

Thank you very much. +:oops:

They make you think and I like that!

+::wizard +::clap +::wizard

I have been playing your games since the LP (Laxius Power) days! I love Millenium and the whole storyline as well although I only played the first game so far. I am getting back to playing LF all over again since I have the entire series now!

Awesome news about LF. You should also try to catch up with MM so you don't miss the grande finale!

As for the ruins, the first "danger" screen is very doable. All you have to do is dodge the sole vampire there and the Luck Ring is yours!

They would be useful later, but there's plenty of game left and plenty more chances to get more buddons, right?

Guess so, also later you may not need them anymore, depending on how your party evolves. +::whistle

Which brings me to another question -- Torrent Blade or Burning Ground + Pap Powder? You can't get them both (there's not enough gold in Ch 1 for this) so you have to choose. The free walkthrough recommends you get the ground and powder, but I heard that the Torrent Blade is very powerful! Which one is better to get, the blade or the ground and powder? In case you don't know,

Matter of opinion I suppose. Torrent Blade does get overpowered eventually.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby E-Daddy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 am

Indinera wrote:

Matter of opinion I suppose. Torrent Blade does get overpowered eventually.

I completely agree about the Torrent Blade. I bought one to see what it's like and it IS overpowered and you really don't need it to finish LF anyways. So I am just gonna buy ground & powder from Douglas the Merchant. As you said though, its just a matter of taste, some people prefer the blade, others do not.
E-Daddy
Peasant

Next

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions