Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

newb questions

newb questions

Postby nublet21 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:39 pm

what level should i be at the start of chapter 3
what carries over with importan to lf 2 is it like the milliemum game import that gives you a set ammount of levels and gold
nublet21
Wanderer

Re: newb questions

Postby Kale » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 am

I don't know that there's a real specific level you should be at any given point in the game. I was over leveled in general, to explore the chapter 1 ruins fully and just generally get every item possible. Being strong enough to actually make it to chapter 3 would suffice though. There will always be a place to train up your party regardless of chapter, so feel free to move on in the game when you are able to do so.

Import into LF2 is basically everything as far as I can recall, quest progress/completes, inventory, equipment, character levels, character stats, items, xp, money, event flags, etc. Think of it less as importing and more as just continuing the game from where you left off at the end of LF1.
Kale
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:37 am

I too was over levelled because I wanted to have as much gold as possible due to something in Chapter 4 and because back in Chapter 1 I was determined to clean out the Metrolian Ruins. Random was about level 52 and everyone else was 40 -42.

And yes, absolutely everything gets carried over into LF2. It is a straight continuation of the game.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby loof123 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 am

I wasn't overleveled, and they were all in the 30-35 range, which was enough for monsters, but the videogames are tough :(
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah, you need to be a lot higher for the video games, but you've got quite a bit between the beginning of the chapter and getting there, so that adds levels, and I used the trainer downstairs to bump everyone up, especially Sandy.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby nublet21 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm

littlebro wrote:Yeah, you need to be a lot higher for the video games, but you've got quite a bit between the beginning of the chapter and getting there, so that adds levels, and I used the trainer downstairs to bump everyone up, especially Sandy.

im on chapter 4 and only mid to high level 30s is that to small of a level as well
Spoiler: show
were i need to rescue sandy from the cave
nublet21
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:51 am

It can be done at those levels; some players like to see how low they can get through. It's a matter of player preference. At what level did you go through the 2 tournaments in the castle basements?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby nublet21 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am

littlebro wrote:It can be done at those levels; some players like to see how low they can get through. It's a matter of player preference. At what level did you go through the 2 tournaments in the castle basements?

what tournaments ^_-
nublet21
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 am

Ah, this may explain your low levels.

In the basement of the castle are 2 tournaments. The first one you see is between whatever team you like and the teams that Kadeldorn arranges (if I remember correctly the nearby piece of armor has a very good find). These are quite straightforward and the first fight that each member does gives a stat reward via a glass of wine.

The second one is Alise. This is a series of one-on-one fights and you have to win all of them to complete that round. Great rewards for each character that wins, and there are rewards for (I think) 3 wins, 5 wins and 11 wins. You need to be a decent level and think about your strategy to win as these are not easy.

It sounds as if you haven't been totally thorough in your exploring before going to Arvendel. Have you done the Harpy quests?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby nublet21 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:11 pm

+::fear nope ^_-
nublet21
Wanderer

Postby littlebro » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:39 am

They are from the Guild of Wanderers. There are loads and loads of sidequests available in Adretana when you get there, all of which help with gear, stat boosts and levels.

I wonder if you have missed the detailed walkthrough that Shadowblade did. Here is the link http://www.aldorlea.org/officialsite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1636 This will help you enormously.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Kale » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Shadowblade did some editing and was the primary maintainer of the Aldorlea copy of the walkthrough. The actual author was Mellowkat, and a few others helped polish and maintain it afterwards. I'm kind of surprised the Aldorlea copy cut off the credits. I miss the other forum.
Kale
Explorer

Postby nublet21 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:04 am

few more questions
on chapter one where is a good place to grind xp
what level do you need to survive the grave yard wraths the upper and east parts
is that third companion you get from lizzard king item any good to keep trying to level ?
also the boss in the lizzard area west of were you find sarah sleeping the one in the hole what is needed to beat him
as well as the boss down that dark path
what is that ore used for that drops off that bee boss you kill with the gun ?
thanx ^_-
nublet21
Wanderer

Postby Kale » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:20 am

If you don't mind leaving Cocka behind, I believe that fighting squids in the Mermaid area is the generally preferred method. Not sure where the next best fallback was, it usually comes down to finding a high XP encounter near a screen transition and grinding it.

I think 30+ is generally a good starting point, 40+ if you want to really tear them up. Make sure you have the torrent blade, that's a big part of fighting your way through the ruins. It's also possible to get a good share of the stuff by abusing the save system and managing to avoid encounters altogether.

Cocka is a level-based character that gains equipment on leveling up, and is only as good as the amount of XP you grind into him. At 17 he finally becomes usable, and at 30+ he becomes a decent enough character. He will fall behind if you stop force feeding him XP though.

For the optional "bosses", I think having the torrent blade is a bigger deciding factor than your character levels. Probably at least 20+. I don't remember the exact point I tackled them, versus taking on the ruins at a higher level.

I believe that is one of the ores used much later in LF2 to empower certain weapons. So it's worth holding on to it.
Kale
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:52 am

Another place to level up is the wraith just inside the right hand part of the Metrolian ruins. You can walk in, get your exp and walk out again. It also drops necrotears - very useful!!!

Even with the torrent blade, you will almost certainly die going through the Ruins, but it is worth it and there is a strategy which reduces the 'pain'. I did the ruins at 30+

You will know by now that when you die you don't get game over, but are taken back to a safe place and lose 10% of your gold. The trick is to buy the torrent blade (that reduces your gold considerably), then buy wooden logs which you can sell for a profit in Chapter 2, so it's not lost money. Then go in and gradually clear the enemies - they do not re-spawn. Do not collect the chests until the very end as one contains a lot of gold. Do not collect the goodies from the cave on the Path of the Damned (is that the name? So long since I played) as that's 6000+ gold until afterwards. Gradually work your way to the right and then be prepared to make a fast run to the extreme right to get the chest with the seed pendant and other gear. Re-load until you get there, grab the chest, know that you will die, but you will have the items. Then go and collect the money chests.

By the end of this you can easily deal with the monster down the hole.

As for Cocka, if you level him up he finally becomes one of your best fighters. By the end of LF2 he is, in my view, almost indispensable.
littlebro
Ranger

Next

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions