Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

LPII: Coryool's Destiny Help

LPII: Coryool's Destiny Help

Postby kkhohoho » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi there. :) Anyway, I'm having trouble with beating Coryool's Destiny in Laxius Power II, and I've been trying to get help on beating it. ...Or rather, I'm having trouble with even getting started. You see, I'm on the Destiny's first fight, Lucios Lezzi, and, regardless of what I do, he keeps whipping me around like a ragdoll. My Coryool is at Level 29, and wearing the Drunkard Hat and Precision RingI found, in addition to everything else he has on, and as for healing items, I have a Tonic Tea and an Apricot in my inventory. I also deal out 85-95 damage to Lezzi on normal hits, and over 200 on criticals. Oh, and Coryool's HP's 556.

None of that matters. With a normal hit, Lezzi does anywhere from over 180 to over 200 damage. Now, I'm used to damage counts that high in Laxius Power, but the difference is that I've always had a healer before; not so here. So, while I'm dealing crap damage to him, he's beating the stuffing out of me. And it doesn't help that, if he gets a critical, he can KO Coryool in one blow. Of course, I do defend when Lezzi's Powering up, and that helps, but it's far from enough.

The point of all this is, I don't know how to beat Lezzi. Which is a shame, because I've beaten all three other Destinies, and I really do want to beat this one, so that I can carry my Save over to LPIII. But, I just don't really know what to do here. So, if anyone can help out, give me advice, it would be much appreciated. :)

EDIT: EDIT: So, I was actually able to beat Lezzi by now, but only out of pure dumb luck. Now, I'm on the third Master, Mako, and I'm convinced that pure dumb luck is the only way I can possibly beat this guy too. The only healing item I have on me right now is a Royal Nem, and while it does help, it still doesn't help all that much. Is there some sort of general strategy for beating Mako, or will I have to wait until the odds miraculously shift in my favor?

Also, at this point, I'm seriously convincing of just using someone else's savefile for LPIII. Lezzi was a nigh-impossible roadblock, but at least he had an opening, via his charging power. Mako doesn't even have that, and I have better uses of my time then waiting an hour (like I did today...) trying to beat this monster of a man, with hardly any options available me other then what I've already tried. Which is baffling, really. The previous 3 Destiny's all had their challenging moments, but it was the good kind of challenge; tough, but not nigh unbeatable. That just wasn't the case with Lezzi, and it certainly isn't the case with Mako. (Also, I usually had other allies, spells, and lots of healing items. I don't have that luxery here. Which is why these fights should have been designed around these lack of resources; instead, Mako's the kind of boss that could give a decent challenge to a four-person party with spells available, and all you have is one guy with no spells and hardly any healing items.)

...Sorry about that. Just had to get it off my chest. The point is, I don't know what to do about Mako. If someone know how to beat him other then pure dumb luck, fine. But otherwise, I'll be using Sorgin's savefile, and moving on to LPIII. Anyone who wants to help, thanks. :)
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Re: LPII: Coryool's Destiny Help

Postby Kale » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:51 am

You might try exploring the area a bit closer, there could be some more healing items and maybe some equipment you haven't come across yet. Here's a walkthrough with pictures that might help: http://kalle.ueuo.com/walkthrough/Onlin ... yool01.htm

If you’ve already picked everything up and used them, then I don't know what to say. Coryool's route was the outright hardest of the lot from what I can remember, and even importing at the level cap from LP1 wasn't a free pass for him. I think you were generally expected to be a higher level, than there being a weakness to exploit on some of these fights.
Kale
Explorer

Re: LPII: Coryool's Destiny Help

Postby kkhohoho » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Kale wrote:You might try exploring the area a bit closer, there could be some more healing items and maybe some equipment you haven't come across yet. Here's a walkthrough with pictures that might help: http://kalle.ueuo.com/walkthrough/Onlin ... yool01.htm

If you’ve already picked everything up and used them, then I don't know what to say. Coryool's route was the outright hardest of the lot from what I can remember, and even importing at the level cap from LP1 wasn't a free pass for him. I think you were generally expected to be a higher level, than there being a weakness to exploit on some of these fights.

Well, bugger. +::Annoyed

I'll try the fight again a few times, but if that doesn't work out, I guess I'll have to use Sorgin's save data, and hike on over to LPIII. To be honest, Indianara could have done a much better job with Coryool's destiny. I mean, it sort of has a fun 'feel', fitting his character, but because the the majority of the fights are tough as nails, and expected you to grind Coryool to high heaven in the first game, it just isn't fun at all in practice. All enjoyability is sucked right out and, if LPII were a console game, you'd probably me smashing the cartridge clear through the window-pane. (Oh, and his story isn't all that great either; all it really does is turn what was a fun supporting character in the first game into a sexist, idiotic lout, by virtue of putting him in the spotlight.)

In the end, it's a shame, as I did want to use my own save data, but I shouldn't be expected to have grinded a character that, technically, I didn't even have to use all that often in the first game, and that isn't even all that strong anyway. (Seriously, the most damage Coryool could do in the first game was 300-400 damage; Random could eventually do 999 a pop.) So, if this doesn't pan out, I guess I'll just be mozing on over to LPIII.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions