Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Let's Play Laxius Force on YouTube

Let's Play Laxius Force on YouTube

Postby fluent » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Hey everyone!

I recently discovered Aldorlea games, specifically Laxius Force, and I'm really enjoying playing it. So much so, that i decided to start a Let's Play on YouTube! I believe it's the only Let's Play of Laxius Force 1 on YouTube (I couldn't find any others). Feel free to follow along and join me on the adventure!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... yur0MwOkeG

I'll also be playing other Aldorlea games in the future.

P.S. A little bit about me. I have been playing RPGs for over 20 years. I love the genre, and started with such classics as Chrono Trigger and the early Final Fantasy games. I have recently re-discovered PC gaming and found great games on this platform as well. Mostly RPGs and strategy games. On my YouTube channel, I cover many different RPGs and strategy games. I have a handful of Let's Plays currently running and I do some "Quick Look" videos of various games as well. I play these games very thoughtfully, or try to, anyway, and I try to be thorough in my exploration as well. I talk to everyone and generally take it pretty slow, trying to absorb all the little details. Check out my videos and you'll see for yourself.

Drop me a line on YouTube and let me know what you think. See you there!
fluent
Peasant

Re: Let's Play Laxius Force on YouTube

Postby D-Squall » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 pm

You do big videos. lol

Yet you'll make lots of parts, cause Laxius Force isn't any tiny game you find elsewhere. +::biggrin
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby fluent » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:48 pm

The more parts, the better! :)

The reason for the long videos is mostly because I only update those play-throughs once a week. So, instead of making 3 20 minute videos and releasing them throughout the week, I just make one long video and let people skim through it or watch a little at a time instead. It's a new experiment of mine that I'm still testing.

Thanks for checking it out, though. Can't wait to share more of this awesome game!
fluent
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 pm

I definitively support you with this. LF is an awesome game and deserves to be shown. +::Thumbup
It won't be easy to endure, though. All the three parts combined can easily reach 300 hours of playtime. And it's basically impossible not to miss more than half of the things when playing for the first time.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby fluent » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:47 am

Thanks for the words, Tomas. I see I've already missed some stuff. It's very easy to do. I missed out on the rooster character and probably some other things as well. I don't want to play with a walkthrough on my first go around, so I'm just going to try to be as thorough as possible and hope for the best!

I really like the amount of optional side content the game presents, even very early on. Hidden maps, rewarding exploration, rewarding talking to NPCs, and lots of side content to explore. I always enjoyed that in early RPGs I played and it's nice to see the core principles of classic gaming so in tact in this game. Really enjoying it.
fluent
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Yes, when it comes to complexity and secrets, LF is the best. It's probably the most rewarding game I know.
And I'm glad to see someone who appreciates this. +::clap
Tomas
Ranger

Postby fluent » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Well, I grew up with games like Chrono Trigger and the early Final Fantasy games, so I can definitely appreciate gameplay that features lots of secrets and complexity. I remember in Final Fantasy 3/6, for example, finding all the secrets; secret items, secret characters, secret quests/maps, etc. A lot of it wasn't possible without a guide or Nintendo Power magazine or something. Seems LF is the same way.

Just peaked at a walkthrough and I missed a TON of stuff in the first chapter :( . Oh well. I'll have to try and be more thorough, I guess. This does seem like the perfect game to play through multiple times (once with a guide handy) to see everything!
fluent
Peasant

Postby loof123 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Well, that much is correct, and the guide obviously doesn't have it all. I am sad that you missed Cocka though, he grows to be a powerhouse. And even though I am not watching this, I highly encourage it, and thumbs up for your hard work. +::Thumbup
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 am

This is a very interested Let's Play and I'll probably feature it on both the website and the Facebook page when I get the chance.

Just peaked at a walkthrough and I missed a TON of stuff in the first chapter :( . Oh well. I'll have to try and be more thorough, I guess. This does seem like the perfect game to play through multiple times (once with a guide handy) to see everything!

Yes, missing things is expected especially on a first playthrough. The game is very rich and it takes a long time to master it fully. On a first playthrough, I would focus on finishing the game. 8)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:47 am

Pinned it as Global Announcement. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Anyone who manages even a halfway decent playthrough first time round is a good player!
littlebro
Ranger

Postby fluent » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:41 am

I am trying to be very thorough and do what I can! I just want to have fun really and so far it's been a blast!

Thanks for pinning this thread and thanks to everyone who checked it out and is following along! It's sure to be a fun ride!
fluent
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 am

You're very welcome.
Yes often you play pretty well, especially for a first-timer. You have a good hold of how the states and stuff work. +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby EgyLynx » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Laxius Power is also Youtube, wasnt? But anyway... 3 stars destiny dont, was it?

Any way... i cant stop saying how much i liked play LP...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions