Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Other version?

Other version?

Postby legia » Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there is another link for the other version? I downloaded the one from here but would prefer to play the mature one. If someone could let me know where to get it I would be very grateful! Indy, keep up that awesome work too btw (just finished BOL and felt nostalgic for the LF games) +::biggrin
legia
Peasant

Re: Other version?

Postby Kale » Fri May 30, 2014 8:36 am

The mature version is pretty dated, version-wise. You would lose every feature, bug fix, and update made in the last 4-5 years. In exchange, you get bikinis, a couple fade to black scenes, and some very minor bonuses related to the aforementioned. If you're expecting more than that, you're in for a disappointment.

That said, I'm not sure where you would find that at this point. I lost the link when the laxiusgames forum went down, and it's probably a dead link at this point anyway. Indy might still have that file floating around somewhere, or maybe someone has a link in their back pocket? I'd just recommend going with the latest version from Aldorlea, it's not like the mature version is the lost ark, or the definitive director's cut.
Kale
Explorer

Postby legia » Fri May 30, 2014 11:28 am

I see, thank you. I've played both and was just wondering - I was more interested in the extras Sarah gets in the bikini and selling Luis's sword and such. Thank you for your time anyways. :)
legia
Peasant

Postby Kale » Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm

O yeah, the beneficial bugs still exist in the older version as well. +::biggrin

You would have to watch out for the non-beneficial bugs though, like the 1001 Lakes bug that can reset your guild progress. Then there's the one that gives Sarah a whopping +1000SP, which breaks her balance a bit. You could call that one beneficial though, if your goal is to break the game wide open. You can even trigger that bug twice if you really want to. There are other bugs as well, I'm sure.

I would love it if Indy were to someday release an age 16+ version of LF with all the bug fixes and everything, but add back in the few things that got cut. Don't know how practical that would ever be though. Probably best to just keep looking forward, rather than back.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Tomas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:40 pm

This should be the mature version of the LaxiusForce.rgssad file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2av6lalb26127j/LaxiusForce.rgssad

I just hope I uploaded the right file, because I have both versions.
Tomas
Ranger

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions