Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Echoes of Aetheria

Re: New RPG: Echoes of Aetheria

Postby Nyx » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:33 pm

I am trying to exit the Whamalash Swamp but the exit has disappeared!!!! (#43 on the map)

n
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Demo doesn't work

Postby blitzen » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:05 am

Hi there! Does this game work with Windows XP? I have downloaded the demo and tried it both on my laptop and my desktop which still run XP (don't judge me), and get the same error message for both. After the demo window opens, there is a popup error message saying:

Script 'Win32API' line 305:RuntimeError occurred.
GetProcAddress: PhysicalToLogicalPoint or PhysicalToLogicalPointA

The game looks great, but obviously I'm not going to buy it if I can't even get the demo to work. Please let me know if this is something that can be fixed.

Thanks!
blitzen
Bard

Postby cstrait » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:57 am

How can I play with my game pad. I do not use mouse or keyboard. I cannot purchase if I cannot use my game pad
cstrait
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 am

I have just been to the Steam forum, and a few bugs and glitches have been fixed. So there is a new version out (1.1.2).

I am assuming that we are getting this version here as well? I rather install the new version before I get to one of the major bugs - as it was described - when doing the Aetherial Manifold.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby harmonic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Hello everyone!

Regarding the 1.1.2 update, it is coming soon, later today. Thanks for your patience.

I want to make something very clear - this is not a tactics game! +::sos It is just a normal RPG - with one tiny change that you have formation now.

I started Ingrid out in that spot to teach players how to move if they want to! And you only have to do it once the WHOLE GAME +::biggrin Once you move her that one time, she stays there behind Lucian. Easy!

For Ingrid, just press move, then select the square behind Lucian. Voila!

Otherwise, it's the exact same as a normal RPG. It's better actually. You heal after every battle and your resource for skills is shared. (TP)

There IS a difficulty mode! Just not in the intro. The intro is designed to be quite easy. After the intro, every single mission allows you to select difficulty. Easy is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally easy. +::biggrin
Creator of Skyborn, Deadly Sin, and Deadly Sin 2! Visit the game website here:
http://www.dancingdragongames.com
Download the free soundtrack album: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philhamilton
harmonic
Bard

Re: New RPG: Echoes of Aetheria, forging

Postby liza » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:11 pm

cliobio wrote:I'm at the Jungle Camp after going through Whamalash Swamp, but find that I can only forge armor. I've got linen and leather, wood and coal, would like to forge some leather gloves for Ingrid, but the forge will not let me "combine". Do I have to be a certain level for this skill?

I have found that if you do not have the right ingredients it will not give the combine command. Try playing around with the items until you see combine.
liza
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Harmonic - What about the Whamalash Swamp exit (#43 on the map) !!!!!!!!!
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby harmonic » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 pm

There is an exit button on the menu using mouse, or in the system menu if not using mouse. It is always available :)
harmonic
Bard

Postby harmonic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:36 am

Okay, version 1.1.3 is up!
harmonic
Bard

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 am

harmonic wrote:Okay, version 1.1.3 is up!

Hi Harmonic !! Thanks for another great game. :)

Is the new version up here as well? And did you see my post regarding the Skip button that doesn't work for me? I tried it 3x, restarting the games 3x, and each time I couldn't skip the long first cut scene.

--- --- ---

Indi, is the link to the latest version now available here? And if so, do I just click on one of the links from my email again to get the latest version?
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:00 pm

Not yet, still waiting for Phil to send it to me.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby harmonic » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 pm

No waiting needed, just re-download it from your purchase link! :)

Also, we've never heard of the skip button issue. It has worked perfectly for us and everyone else ever since we added the feature to the game +::Dunno
harmonic
Bard

Postby Valdy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:02 am

harmonic wrote:No waiting needed, just re-download it from your purchase link! :)

Also, we've never heard of the skip button issue. It has worked perfectly for us and everyone else ever since we added the feature to the game +::Dunno

Thanks for the info, Harmonic.

So what am I doing wrong? When the cut scene appears, I go down to the Skip button, and click on it, but nothing happens. I have the mouse disabled, but when I go to the Skip tab, my system cursor shows up, but clicking with it on the Skip doesn't do anything.

Edited to add: OK, I know what was wrong: the Skip only works when the Mouse is enabled. *sigh*

I still find this game too military and there is way too much talk. I know now that I can skip the dialogue - if I enable the mouse - but I don't want to miss anything, because it might be important. I much prefer the story of Skyborn. There is so much more to do in that game than just fighting your way through one place after another, as it seems to be the case here.
Also, all those different skills make my head spin, and I don't care for the forging and augmentations. I wouldn't mind if there weren't all those endless possibilities. I just want to get on with the game, without spending ages to see what I can do and who can actually benefit from it - seeing that some of the characters never have enough weight allowance (Ingrid).
Valdy
Explorer

Postby cliobio » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:07 pm

All my peeps are Level 28 or above, but Ingrid and Soha are the only 2 who have not achieved all skills. Ingrid still has 3 available and Soha has 2, but the remainder of characters are maxed out. None of them have gained any more skills since hitting Level 20. Haven't "re-downloaded" game for update yet, is that fixed in the update? Thanks for response!
cliobio
Wanderer

Postby harmonic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Vald wrote:I still find this game too military and there is way too much talk. I know now that I can skip the dialogue - if I enable the mouse - but I don't want to miss anything, because it might be important. I much prefer the story of Skyborn. There is so much more to do in that game than just fighting your way through one place after another, as it seems to be the case here.

I would never design a game where all you do is "fight from one place to another." Never. That's completely antithetical to my design philosophy at its very core. Which is why we've actually greatly reduced the amount of battles between story segments. Getting that pacing just right so the story moves along.

How many RPGs just throw you into the middle of a big town with no direction? Not this one. We've taken very specific steps to ensure you know what to do, you know what's going on. How many RPGs throw random battle after random battle your way? Not this one. How many RPGs use the default systems that come with RPGMaker, so that it basically looks exactly like every other game? Not this one.

There is a TON of focus on character development. Have you visited the home bases? Engaged in the optional conversations between party members? Discovered their goals, motivations, seen their relationships develop with each other?

This game actually has an enormous backdrop of lore. As your home base changes, you visit different locals and your characters have new things to say. And NOT about militaries.
harmonic
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers