Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What is this MN100% MD75% etc on every spell ?

What is this MN100% MD75% etc on every spell ?

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:13 pm

OK I did a search on the forum and I also looked in the guide and I never found anything related to what exactly means those stats that you see on every spell ? Do they mean they inflict for example 50% RS - 50 % Resistance reduction to the enemy or they mean the power of the spell is 50% of RS from your Resistance ? I can't believe there isn't anything mentioned about this and not even in the guide ....

So does somebody know anything about this ? It will help a lot in understanding better how good a spell is. Also there is this VAR % at every spell ... no ideea what this VAR is. Variance ? or what ? And variance means what exactly in this context ? I really can't figure this out .
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Re: What is this MN100% MD75% etc on every spell ?

Postby loof123 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Okay, I have no idea what they exactly mean and how much they effect the combat, but for example take MN%100. A spell having this is a mind spell, and the higher your mind is, the more damage you'll do. But if it were MN%75, the higher your mind was, the damage would still be higher, but not as much as the MN%100 would raise the power.

And Var is exactly that, Variance. the higher that is, the more can the final damage vary.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:33 pm

can you please post a screenshot to refresh my mind? It's been a while but I might remember if I see an example of a description
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:31 pm

https://postimg.org/image/4fe7ojjyp/ - here is the picture .... I highlited the part where I want explanation.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:57 pm

OK it indicates how damage is calculated.

more or less it's like this:

PW of the skill (here 199) minus 75% of the MD (Magic Defense) of the enemy
Once you get this number, you multiply it by 100% of the MND of the spellcaster and then you divide it by 100% of the MND of the enemy targeted :) +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Omg ... this is so complicated ... I wouldn't have guessed in a milion years and I bet more than 90% of people who played Laxius force didn't had any ideea either. Since you never know the stats of the enemies you can't ever stay and calculate it on every battle so it's just better to watch the dmg you deal and draw a conclusion if the spell is efficient or not ... I guess.

Not to mention there are some spells who have more than 6 stats like 50%ST 76%RS 23%AT 87%MD 20% PD etc etc etc.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:12 pm

No, it's useful because you know what to boost.
For instance if you play to rely on a spell using MND, you can try to equip stuff that boosts MND.
MD75% is also a good information because if a spell has MD25% it means it bypasses 75% of the enemy defense, which can be useful if you find out an enemy is particularly resistant.
Etc etc.
You don't need to know the enemy stats to find useful info from the spell descriptions.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:21 pm

I see ... it makes sense what you are saying .
I always wondered ... why you never include enemies stats or their HP at least in your games ? Could be pretty usefull and it's much easier to organize our strategies.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:43 pm

You mean include them during the battles? It's not easy to do that but yeah, I could have asked for a script maybe?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:46 pm

if it's complicated .... then at least his HP ... like we see at heroes our HP ... when we select the enemy to atack it to be something like - Gyga hydra (200 HP)
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:52 am

Yup would be a nice addition (although this is not easy to add)
But LF is such an old game.................... +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:20 am

add it in your new game .... the witch hunt . If some things are hard to realize ... raise the price of the game at the end for extra effort - if you feel like it.
Don't get me wrong .... I got used to your games so far but I love it when I see new things .... especially since I played turned base RPGs in the past where enemies had their own stats/HP or both. Even Paper Mario a thousand year door who is very old and very poor graphics ... managed to show enemies life when you are fighting them . So I believe it's possible in the end.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Tomas » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 pm

But on the other hand - isn't knowing enemy's stat taking away part of the challenge? +:::|
This way it is for example easier if "rushing" the fight is an option or not ...
Tomas
Ranger

Postby darkange » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:04 pm

no it doesn't take away the challenge .... I don't know if you played a lot of turn based RPG's but 90 % of them have enemy stats .... so does normal RPGs / action RPGs etc . And the ones that are considered the best and very challenging in the world do have them too. Take a look at dark souls ... you know how much life your enemy has and yet people say that Dark souls trilogy so far is the hardest ones until today from a lot of games.

It has very high score and I never saw once somebody complaining about being too easy or making it harder. So it is possible to still be hard this way.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions