Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Trouble with the Video Games

Trouble with the Video Games

Postby Darth RPG » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:28 pm

So I finished each video game in the institute of science.
Got the record in Aquapanga invaders (horrible game)
Beat LP I, Beat LP III, "beat" LP II.

Yet the Quest still says I only won 2 of the games.

Sandy was in my party for all 3 Games.

Help? :(

*Edit: Beat the game AGAIN with a new record, still no quest complete :(
**Edit: Beat all 3 again, still no dice.
***Edit: Reached 100.000 points, still nothing
Darth RPG
Peasant

Re: Trouble with the Video Games

Postby Kale » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 pm

I vaguely recall an issue I had with the quest once. I believe it was related to the Aquapanga game. I think it was possible to skip the quest completion (at score 50550+) if you were to skip ahead and score over a million points on your very first success. Or some other specific combination of trying, succeeding, and failing; or jumping between different games in a different order could mess up the quest.

If this happened to you, you might try triggering the quest again by talking to the quest giver; that can sometimes untangle quest-related issues. I want to say I ended up needing to backtrack to an older save file entirely, and fiddle around with the games - while keeping a close eye on the quest log - till I got it to work.

--------------

For what it’s worth, the three specific games that actually count towards the quest were: Aquapanga Invaders (Need 50550+ score to actually count) LP1 Battle Mode (Must win *all* fights), and LP3 Battle Mode (must win the fight). It sounds like you did all of that though, so it might be the above bit unfortunately.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Darth RPG » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.
However, the main issue is Sandy is the quest-giver right as you enter the room, it's impossible to talk to her again.

I think the specific issue at hand is that I finished Laxius Power I before she joined, then she joined and I finished the other 2, and the game. I did not score 1.000.000 points first try, that's for sure. Nor 100.000, for that matter, I remember quitting at 55.500.

I just restarted the game seeing as I missed a couple quests in Khomre anyways + missed Solvan's shop, but it's useful to know to have to a save from right before entering the institute... I guess.
Darth RPG
Peasant

Postby Kale » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:08 am

Ah, sorry, my memory of this game is really starting to slip away at this part. I usually dig through old forum posts to refresh it, but there were no relevant posts I could find on the topic. You might be describing exactly what did go wrong there though.

I’d recommend keeping a spare save file before you talk to Sandy, let alone enter that area at all once you make it back there; just to have a safe fallback. Good luck, and keep an eye on the walkthrough as you go, there's plenty of stuff to find (or miss).
Kale
Explorer

Return to Laxius Force: Heroes Never Die - Help and Questions