Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Near END of Laxius Force I ...

Near END of Laxius Force I ...

Postby GO-Rikki » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:14 am

I believe that I am closing in on the "end" of Laxius Force I .... and I am working on Side Quest 46 - Kill the Virus and WOW ... following the Walkthrough, it appears that I am on #90

and I am cornfused

because it says (from the previous paragraph: "Now head back upstairs." and then, the new paragraph (#90) says: Now go right. And this is where I am cannot figure out what the Walkthrough is trying to tell me what to do. I mean, I do have the Gladenmore condensator. and I finally reached the "switch" ... and NOW I DO NOT KNOW what to do?

Specifically, #90 says: Now go right. The second computer has a monster in it. Go right then down the end path. Head all the way down then left. The computer has a matrix error in it. Flip the switch on.

#90 is very confusing ... am I starting back at the beginning where you enter this area ... or what?

Can someone give me some assistance, so that I can keep on going, as I believe that I am very close to flipping the "key" switch so that some of these darn steel bars will open and I can get in there to dispose of this virus thing. I have not acquired the "star-breaker blade (Relic) quite yet if that will help you.

A response at your earliest convenience shall be appreciated. Thanx.

(Hope I did not confuse you also. In the Walkthrough ... this is #90 and 91 just before the ending of the game.)
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Re: Near END of Laxius Force I ...

Postby Indinera » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 am

I don't remember this part very well because it's been such a long time for me, but I could certainly get you out if you need to (I would need you to send your savefile to me). Otherwise maybe wait for some "LF experts" that may provide the help you need?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't know if it helps, but I personally always navigated through the Gladenmore dungeons by the maps in the walkthrough, not by the text descriptions - it was much easier this way. Also, if I remember it right, some of the switches reset if you leave the map, which can be quite tricky.
I don't know if all the necessay images are still available, any file uploaded to ImageShack expires after some time if it's not used. There's also a PDF variant of the walkthrough, but the images are not big enough there.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby GO-Rikki » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Thank-you for your quick response(s) to my tale of woe. However, it looks like I'm gonna have to try and figure this one out by myself ... because:

1) My copy of the walkthrough does not have any maps
2) I do not know how to send a savefile to any one.

And, I sincerely hope that none of these "switches" re-set ... when you leave a certain area ... as this would make completing this last part of Laxius Force One seem ... impossible.
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 pm

The guide that we have hosted on the website is this one:
http://www.aldorlea.org/Laxius_Force_free_Guide.pdf

It is very possible some switches do reset. Before attempting to tackle the last dungeon, I would recommend to pack up with healing supplies (take as many as possible from the heaven-like village...)

You may also want to level up versus the monsters in said village (just before you enter the virus).

Which mode did you pick?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Tomas
Ranger

Postby GO-Rikki » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Again, thanx for responding so quickly. This is what I did with your information.

1) Tried to print the maps (per your link posted) and this resulted in a "half page" (practically right down the middle) of the five-page print out. Yes, I tried printing the other half, as my thought was to tape them together. However, the second printing was an exact replica of the first one.

2) I am using "EASY" mode.

3) The Walkthrough I have starts with Chapter 3 part 1 (because I shut off my printer) and says "Created by Mellowkat"; it is dated Oct 10, 2009 by Indinera; and indicates Maps by: Patojonas (they are very tiny and unreadable) Revisions by: Kehaul.

4) Just to clarify, I used a long-ago (from many, many months ago) Walkthrough for entire beginning up to Chapter 3 part 1 (and it runs about 35-40ish pages).

This entire endeavor is a "second time around" trip through Laxius Force One in an attempt to pick up/rectify many things that apparently was missed the first time through. A recent upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows Seven wiped out my entire Laxius gameplay.

Thank you kindly for your suggestions ...
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby GO-Rikki » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:53 am

Hurray!!! I finished this part of Laxius Force One!!

What I did was ... opened up the maps in full screen mode ... while I was running the game!!

Then, one by one, I went back over all seven trips as shown in the maps. Thus, I was able to beat the "Brain" and I used Random, Sarah, Wendala, and Brussian!! It was a surprisingly short battle. I never even used Yveen, or those two jerks from the castle. However, periodically, I used Cocka and Ashkbar to keep them all pretty much evened up. Random is just above level 60, Sarah et al are in the fifties. Those two from the castle are still barely over level 30.

And now, I shall finish up the odds and ends that the Walkthrough suggests that I try to achieve. I would like to thank you all for assisting me by taking the time to write your suggestions and posting the MAPS!!

B'bye for now ...
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:23 am

Great job, congratulations! +::clap
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Return to Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)